Rate Dr. Garry Feinstadt

Dr. Garry Feinstadt's Ratings

Gave the impression he didn't have time for me, despite an empty waiting room, responding to my mention of a "few concerns" with "How about just one?". I nearly walked out of the room right then, having carried with me for months grave concerns and worry. No smile, no friendliness. Everybody has a bad day now and then, but when people seek out a doctor, they are usually quite vulnerable and scared. I'm going somewhere else where hopefully I will feel as though the doctor wants to listen to me and the concerns that have brought me there. If he's retiring he should do it ASAP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1904091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2013

Dr. Feinstadt has been my doctor since birth. He helped my mom through a difficult miscarriage due to an incorrect diagnosis by a different doctor and he was also the doctor that helped deliver me 20 years ago. To this day, he is still the only doctor I will see without any fuss or anxiety. He is very kind and gentle hearted.He can come off as a very dismissive person, but he's actually just a quiet person. When it comes to his medical help, he's always been spot on with me. I'd recommend him as a family doctor over many, many other doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1904090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2013

Great doc. By the way any antibiotic can cause c diff so previous poster is incorrect. Facts please.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1904089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2013

He's been my family doctor for close to 30 years. Very quiet, but so very thorough. An excellent doctor. It would be a sad day when he retires, but he deserves it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1904088].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2012

This guy practically gave me c diff. For those of you who don't know what c diff is. Clostridium difficile is a deadly bacteria that causes severe diarrhea that results in many deaths worldwide. The main cause is irresponsible doctor prescribing Well know antibiotic that will cause c diff. In my case, clindamycin. I walked in with a swollen elbow and ended up with c diff. Another doc prescribed Flagyl. Which of course failed and with piles of side effect. Finally I asked them to prescribe vancomycin and I am back on my feet. Now I see doctors no better than lousy plumbers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1904093].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2012

Nice guy, good doctor as far as GPs go. He's pretty thorough and helps you to feel at ease. He believes in a good diet and lifestyle unlike some of the pill pushers out there. And he helps find solutions which is what docs are supposed to do. More need to be like this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1904087].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Great doc. It's too bad he is basically retiring and no longer accepting patients. He's friendly, caring, thorough, and polite. He had great bedside manners and even helped me to get set up with a doc who is accepting patients. The only drawback is the fact that he works in a highly disorganized walk in clinic. Aside from that, I have no issues :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1904086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Dr. Feinstadt has been my doctor for over 30 years and has saved my life by his diagnosis. he takes a very comprehensive and holistic approach to medecine rather than just dispensing pills to treat symptoms. he is very thorough in his prescribing tests before making a final diagnosis. he is the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1904085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2010

I've been a patient of his for 25 years. Due to sheer logistics I have been forced to see other physicians which I regret. His diagnosis is always correct. He is extremely experienced, confident, friendly & shows great empathy. I don't mind being rushed because when it is important, he always takes the time. His colleagues are also great & if & when he retires I will continue coming back to the clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1904084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2010

I came back to Canada, interrupting my study abroad, for emergent medical care. From the first day, I had to wait, sometimes for one hour, just to see him for 5-10 minutes. When I said lumps were growing inside, he didn't even look at them. I had other problems, but he didn't have time. Last time, I had to wait for one hour just to hear that he arranged an appointment with a specialist. One phone call could have been enough for that, without making me come to the clinic for nothing? At the end, I was told he would not take me. Why didn't he tell me that earlier? Whether I am his patient or not, when I am in his office he should treat me properly. I had to go through all kinds of test, but still don't know the cause of my illness. Now, I have to find a new doctor after wasting 2 months, and all that stress of going to that clinic. I am sure he is a good doctor, if he thinks you deserve his treatment, otherwise you just end up keep going back to the clinic for no good reason.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1904092].votes_count ]]