Dr. Lawrence Wilkin

Rate Dr. Lawrence Wilkin

Dr. Lawrence Wilkin's Ratings

I have enormous pain not only as far as severe chronic Migraines go, but also from a number of serious back surgery and breaks/Hip and shoulder replacements, plus neurological pain from Neuropathy and something possibly else (not diagnosed yet), but not overlooked by Dr. Wilkins. Unlike the latest Dr.'s I have been seeing he not only tried to help me with some parts of my pain to start with, but made me feel like a human being, not alone in my pain struggles and not like an addict. He spent a lot of time with me and has already even referred to other docs that might help me with the other chronic pain issues in my life. I was petrified going into his office after what I've been through. Within a few minutes I felt like I wasn't a bother, he listened to me, and most important made me realize I wasn't the only person out there in the world in this type of pain which is about a level 8-9 pain daily if you add it all up. He quickly gained my trust and I would recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][659787].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2013

I have seen many, many doctors in m y 58 years. I had a horrid surgical spinal fussion. It has ruined my life, and I meant that virtually, and physically. I finally saw Dr. Wilkin, after seeing many disappointed doctors. He has been by far the best doctor I have ever seen. Patient, kind, you feel good not depressed after seeing him. He is the only doctor who will take the time to listen, really listen, to what you have to say. Site just cut me out. only only 1/2 1/2

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][659786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

**********BEST DOCTOR!!!!Dr. Wilkin is hands down the BEST doctor I've ever known. He's highly educated in such a variety of areas,that you'd think you found THE ONLY doctor you'll ever need again. I've seen him for over 10-years now and within that span there were maybe 2-times when I had re-located so I decided to try another more local doc. Bottom-line, I returned to him, because once you've seen the best it's NO COMPARISON - so, even after being gone from his practice for months-years, his memory is unbelievably remarkable. He sees hundreds of patients, but he ALWAYS remembered ALL MY issues AND meds AND yes, even up to the dosing. Remarkable! I CHERISH Dr. Wilkin! He's the most qualified M.D.you'll meet. He listens! He's got such a uniquely genuine bed-side manner that I feel privileged to be his patient & you'd be too - I promise! Kathy Burk

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][659785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2013

Doctor Wilkin is one of the best doctors I have -ever- seen, by far. He sees you as more than just a number or a payment, he sees the patient completely. As a pain doctor, he takes a holistic approach, trying to do everything possible without medication -- only using medication as a last resort. I have deep respect for Doctor Wilkin and am very thankful I was able to find him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][659784].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

I'm in my 50's and have had lower back pain since my teens. 10 years ago I developed chronic migraines, well over 15 a month. I was missing a great deal of work every month. I had tried many preventatives for migraines, the side effects of which landed me in a locked psych ward for five days. When I saw Dr. Wilkin I was on the verge of having to go on disability from a job that I loved. Dr. Wilkin did not use a cookie cutter approach and due to my negative reactions to certain classes of medications was very cautious about what he prescribed and was very cognizant of my concerns. Since he has been treating me I have received substantial raises at work. Instead of drawing from disability, I am able to pay in to the Social Security system. So many Drs. chose to be ignorant of pain relief. I wish they would educate themselves about true pain management, i.e. having people who need and want be working able to do so rather than in bed often in agonizing pain. Thank you, Dr. Wilkin

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][659783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

Dr. Wilkin is most caring compassionate doctors I have ever met. I went for year suffering from debilitating migraines and he was the ONLY doctor that cared enough to take the time to find out the cause and now I have not had a migraine in over 2.5 years. He saved my life literally. Dr. Wilkin treats each patient as if they were his only patient and never rushes through any appointment. The appointment is over when the patient has been not only heard, but Dr. Wilkins has carefully gone over every issue and asked questions to help him properly diagnose each illness. He is never dismissive and if he doesn't know or have the answers, he will not stop until he finds out what is causing the illness. Dr. Wilkins is full of integrity honesty and compassion and puts his patients first above everything. Thank you Dr. Wilkin for giving me my life back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][659782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Dr. Wilkin is the best pain management physican I have ever known. I've had multiple surgeries & Dr. Wilkin alone has helped make the most difference in my life with his expertise & knowledge in addition to his very compassionate & patient demeanor. I am still unable to work & Dr. Wilkin has helped me sort through both insurance & legal correspondence. He is consistent to a fault & is never in a rush. He spends as much time as he needs with me & has for over 2 years. This might help explain why he runs late, but if you've ever been to a city location, you typically wait multiple hours as a norm. I highly recommend Dr. Wilkin.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][659781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

The young office staff is abbhorent and is the only way to speak with your doctor. If you have an emergency and you need to speak to your doctor, if they say no then that's that. Dr. Wilkin is known to "dump" patients illegally and there is no office manager etc. To have an adult convo. With. Steer clear!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][659780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2012

I used to love this doctor, despite his running late, because he listened as long as it took. However, after several years, I've been let down at times when I needed him most. I would call him during crisis and not get a return call until it was over (more than a week later). He failed me again after another emergency. Also, he blames his staff for his failings. I don't know who is really at fault, but too many incidents have led me to the decision that I need a doctor who cares enough to address my urgent needs in a more timely manner. Also, beware of switching to newer drugs without a good reason. Do your own research on side effects, as he has instructed me to take two things together that caused serious side effects. You must do your homework with him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][659779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2012

Dr. Wilkin is a great listener and does not rush his patients. He takes detailed notes and reviews every last question and concern with you during each visit. He frequently runs late, especially later in the day, but he is very helpful in helping you decide which problems are most important to address. He explains all the options and effects of treatments and lets you decide how to proceed. He's a wonderful pain doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][659778].votes_count ]]