Rate Dr. Michael Bale

Dr. Michael Bale's Ratings

35 years of exemplary care. Had no ego about referring to a specialist on my request. Called to check on me when ill. Not patient with whining. Practical , knowledgeable, caring,. Would willingly answer questions and share his vast knowledge and experience when I worried about a family member. More interested in caring for his patients than billing for every second. Would spend all the time I needed. Abbotsford is fortunate to have human being of this calibre.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905255].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

I went in to try to get a pelvic exam due to menstrual issues. His immediate reaction was to blame my form of birth control (IUD) without any investigation whatsoever. He gave me outright false information to scare me away from the IUD, saying it can cause infection, infertility, and tubal pregnancies (these things haven't been true of the device since the 1970s). He then sent me away with a starter pack of birth control and made further care, the pelvic exam I had wanted in the first place, contingent upon me starting that birth control so that he could remove my IUD (NOT what I wanted done). He did not listen to my needs and attempted to strong arm me into taking drugs that I didn't want by withholding care. He should not be practicing at all. AVOID him if you are a woman wanting reproductive care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2013

Dr. Bale has been my physician since he came to Canada. He has great diagnostic skills. He was also trained as a pharmacist before becoming an MD. I could not ask for a better doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

Micheal Bale's ego and personal opinions often get in the way of him providing competent medical services. If you are looking for someone to make decisions for you, he will do this. If you are looking for information to assist you as a comsumer of medical services...he is definitly not for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2011

Dr.Bale is a wonderful doctor. He takes ample time with patients and is extremely knowledgeable. He is a very intelligent man, and they have strong opinions. All in all, I couldn't recommend a better phsician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905252].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2011

Can't understand some negative comments, Dr. Bale is the greatest. I am more than satisfied with his concerns and remedies. Maybe there should be a rate-the-patient forum. Some people take their anger out on the Doctor as if it was his fault. My vte for Dr. Bale, I am old now thanks to his expertise.....than you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905251].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2010

Keep away from this Dr.unless you like not being listened to and talked down to..Not in the least bit helpful.Might have been a good dr in his day,but just seems to be putting in time now...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905250].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2010

Think twice before you go and see him. He does not like to listen to his pts. He is arrogant and practices old school medicine. does not spend more than 5 min with his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

Saw Dr. Bale about stomach issues. He implied they were caused by having sex without being married and sent me on my way. After reading other's comments, I suspect Dr. Bale might have issues with "the females". Turns out my stomach issues are caused by food allergies. Sorry Dr. Bale.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905248].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2010

My daughter saw this dr when we were in the hospital. He seemed to be very unkowledgeable and unable to answer any of my questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905247].votes_count ]]