Rate Dr. Linda M. Thompson

Dr. Linda M. Thompson's Ratings

I saw Dr. Thompson a few years ago over the course of about a year. She seemed so nice at first and that helped me get over the appearance of her office (it is very old). I quickly learned that it was not just her office that was antiquated. Dr. Thompson marked the wrong tests when she sent me for bloodwork, called me at the close of business on a Friday and left me messages with two diagnoses that would make anyone anxious and then reprimanded me for calling the doctor she referred me to in her message that Monday. Never in my life has anyone been as mean to me as that woman. I changed doctors, learned her diagnoses were completely wrong and hope that no one has to experience what I did. There is something to be said about a group practice where modern technology is used and doctors are kept abreast of the latest developments.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1905308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

Dr. Thompson is a nice lady, but there is something off about the whole experience. Going to her office was like being in a time machine back to the 60s or something. She doesn't do technology,and the office itself is a time warp. I was ultimately put off because she would ask the same questions several times without remembering that I had just given the answer. She seemed confused some of the time and she was always pulling out reference books to look things up. I have a feeling that her usual clientele is quite geriatric. I was tipped off when I saw the permanent medical walker posted at the weight scale. I think her approach is very old school, so if that is your thing, you won't be disappointed. I myself would feel more comfortable in a modern office with modern up-to-date thinking.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2011

I love Dr. Thompson! She has been doctor for over a year, but I have gone to see her for many various maladies. I first went to her for my yearly physical, and was told ahead of time that the first visit would be informative and get my labwork order ready for my second visit. She spent abotu 40 minutes with me each time, and has never made me feel rushed since. She remembers personal details, asks pertinent questions and is always personable and friendly. Her assistant is always friendly, has fit me in on less than a day's notice and is equally engaging. I highly recommend Dr. Thompson, she has been a great doctor and I can only imagine the negative posts about here are either about someone else, or come from individuals who have some personality flaws themselves.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Thompson for at least 5 years (ever since she re-opened her practice in Bethesda). Both she and her staff are great. She is very conservative and wouldn't stuff you with drugs if not needed. Her assistant is always very friendly and nice and does her best to accommodate your schedule. Unfortunately she does not accept my insurance anymore (Aetna QPOS) so I'm now forced to look for a new provider that accepts my stinky HMO...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905305].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2010

I have received excellent care from Dr. Thompson. She has only been professional and empathetic with me. I highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

Her approach is rude, rushed and very unprofessional. She is in a health CARE profession and needs to treat her patients in a caring and professional manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

I was having trouble finding a primary care dr that both took my insurance and was accepting new patients. The receptionist said she was not accepting new patients but she put me down anyway b/c she felt bad. When I got there, the receptionist was just as nice as on the phone (though I could tell she was on a personal call, but she immediately stopped talking and put the phone down when she saw me). I waited about 20 minutes. I came to Dr. Thompson with 3 separate issues to discuss. I was slightly taken aback when she told me that most drs only allow you to present 2 issues, but she took the time for the 3rd issue anyway, and her bedside manner appropriately softened when she could see I was concerned by what she was telling me. I think she is pressed for time and I dont think she has a nurse, and she did spend more time with me than most drs would. Based on my first visit, I would recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

I made an appointment 2 month in advance to see Dr Thompson for annual check up. The first thing she asked when she walked in was why I was there. After telling her for a physical, she told me it takes too long and that she does not have time to do it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2010

What a wonderful Doctor! I have been a patient of Dr. Thompsons for some time now and she is the best. She is very informative and has always been very kind and helpful. I would recomend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2009

I have been looking for a good doctor in the DC-area for almost 10 years now, and I finally found her. Dr. Thompson is a wonderful doctor. I could not recommend her more highly. She is gentle and kind and is willing to spend time with her patients, a rarity in today's world. (At a recent physical, she spent 45 minutes with me!) She is also knowledgable and careful, looking up drugs to check for interactions and to ensure that they are the most appropriate to prescribe. Her staff is also great. When I first came to the office, I had not formally changed from my old doctor, and her assistant advised me to call and do it from the waiting room while the doctor waited so as not to get charged the full cost of the visit. I wish all doctors were like this!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905299].votes_count ]]