You may also like

Rate Dr. Leon P. Mead

Dr. Leon P. Mead's Ratings

I met Dr. Mead in January 2010. An appointment with a Neurologist plus and MRI and X-Rays had discovered a severe hip dislocation. I had been unable to walk for 6 months following back surgery the previous summer. I was referred to Dr. Mead's office that, upon seeing the results of my images, called me immediately and quickly scheduled an appointment. Surgery followed within days and what great joy I experienced when I walked the day of surgery!! I have never been more pleased with a surgical result. Within 2 months my other hip began showing signs of dislocating. This time surgery was done quickly.
There are simply not enough stars in this ranking to adequately extol the virtues of Dr. Mead and the entire staff. Their combined professionalism, knowledge, follow-up and ongoing concern is truly remarkable. I just saw Dr. Mead for my five Year follow-up appointment, which coincided with my 77th birthday. Both hips are "perfect" and I have no restrictions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2754908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

I am pain free! Three months after a total knee replacement I am walking 4 miles a day, biking, and scuba diving. Dr. Mead gave me my life back! He is an excellent surgeon and everyone who is impressed with my progress remarks that Dr. Mead has a stellar reputation so it is no wonder I am doing so well. Even the rehab staff who were also terrific say he is the best. Wish I had found him years ago. Nicki

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2747770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

I have just completed my one year check up after my second total knee replacement with Dr. Leon Mead. Once again I am completely satisfied with the results of my surgery. With each surgery, my friends were amazed with how well I was walking so soon after the surgeries. Dr. Mead is very knowledgeable, uses the best equipment, and utilizes the best practices for his outstanding surgery results. I now recommend Dr. Mead to all my friends as he was recommended to me.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2736020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I have just finished my 12th week for my second knee replacement surgery with Dr. Leon Mead. Once again I have to thank him and his staff for the outstanding outcome of my surgery. I am well into my 70s and I'm back playing tennis, dancing and walking daily with great ease and enjoyment. Not only is he an exceptional surgeon, with years of experience, he has seen to it to surround himself with a staff that is knowledgeable, helpful and sensitive to patient needs. It is too often the case of those of us that are most satisfied to go on about our lives and forget to let the doctor and staff know how much we appreciate and value their services. I am confident that I share the same opinion as the many whom I have had conversations with in Dr. Mead's office over the several years that I have been in and out of his office for my two knee replacement surgeries. Some may not know how to go on the Internet and let people know of Dr. Mead successful surgery stories, but I am glad to do it on their behalf.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2735690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

I needed to see dr mead the staff made me waited three weeks just to tell me that he needed To see the x ray im still waiting for some one call me back to make appt :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2692353].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

I had both knees done at the end of April and I am completely happy with the results. Dr. Mead did a great job and for the first time in years I can go for a walk with my wife. Also I can go down stairs in a normal fashion instead of "baby stepping" my way down.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I feel he isn't consistent from one visit to the other and cares more about the workers comp. carrier then the patient. Not open mined when it comes to symtoms that he can't explain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Nice guy but felt rushed, second time better but still ignored my complaints, do not feel like he really listens and responds to my concerns. No choice, workman's comp.Do not question his ability as a surgeon, just wish he was female, needs better communication skills. Also wish I could contact him directly, email, whatever, do not like waiting for his staff to answer me days later.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

I had 2 hips replaced. Excellent Doctor. Always had time to talk to me. Always kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2008

Dr. Mead is knowledgeable. His staff took 4 days to respond to a severe rash after surgery; as a result, my fiancee was hospitalized for a week with near liver failure. Still feeling the effects 6 months later.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1905816].votes_count ]]