Dr. Martha Gonzalez

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. Martha Gonzalez has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5493590

25/05/14 2 2 2 2 Nice lady but please know that her practice of putting everyone on high dose thyroid pills is not safe. I now have a heart problem from it. My family doctor warned me and my heart doctor said it was the cause. It is called afib. I have to now take heart medicines. She is not board certified in Endocrinology. Just because you feel good doesn't mean it is good for you. I wish I had listened to my other doctors.
Paid (or co-pay): $50
Respond

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0
RID: 2706200
11/07/13 5 4 5 5 She is the most knowledgeable and amazing doctor ever. She was the only endocrinologist I had seen in 25 years who actually diagnosed me correctly and treated me, accordingly. I realize doctors only "practice" medicine, but she is almost perfect!
RID: 2694015
25/06/13 1 1 1 1 Dr. Gonzalez's office staff is truly awful. I had one appointment. All went fine. But the drugs she put me on made me worse. I called the office - nobody answered - which is often the case - even when I originally made the appointment. So I left a long message. Nobody called me back. I called again after a few weeks. Found out somebody had spoken to the doc about my message - but they never called me back. Then they wanted to charge me 5 bucks to xerox my original lab work. I said I was offended by that. Woman told me to take it up with the doc. Said I would. Then the woman drew a giant passive aggressive happy face on the form when I received it. I do not recommend this office.
RID: 2684204
20/06/13 5 2 5 5 I think she's fabulous. I have lots of medical doctors in my AZ family and have always expected more from my CA doctors than I've gotten. Dr. Gonzales is the exception. She's the kind of doctor my grandfather was, someone who sits with you, listens to you, talks to you, answers your questions. She's a good communicator and funny. She's obviously and super attractive. She's a woman's woman all the way as are the women who work for her. I love her staff. They're busy and efficient. There's no messing around. Her office has a Victorian feel. There are always fresh roses in the rooms, and the bathroom has some very funny (feminist) plaques on the walls. Bring a book and relax. She's worth the wait. I, too, have to drive thirty miles each way to see her and sometimes have had to wait an hour. I always leave feeling 100% at peace with what she's given me. I will be with her until I die or she stops practicing. I've referred lots of people to her and will continue to do so.
RID: 2683763
19/06/13 4 1 4 4 Always 1 hour late. Dread going every year. So disrespectful to all patients with jobs, babysitters etc
RID: 2612025
09/04/13 5 4 5 5 Dr. Gonzalez is the first doctor who actually helped me grow my hair back! No empty promises (unlike the pricey Beverly Hills "celebrity" doctor I went to for years and paid thousands of dollars to), Dr. Gonzales methodically tested all my levels and prescribed the appropriate regimen. It took time, but she's getting me there and I feel great. She is all about science, not hype. And she takes my insurance.
RID: 2523107

06/01/13 5 4 1 2 Dr is very nice, but I can't recommend for thyroid cases. Before initiating thyroid treatment, Dr didn't bother to test for adrenal issues (despite my classic symptoms). This can kill a patient. I drove 50 miles to see this Dr based on others' reviews. After 2 weeks on Dr's T4/T3/Vitamin protocol, I told Dr it made me MUCH worse. Dr then tested a few sex hormones claimed I had menopause & did I want HRT? I said, no, and that I felt T4 was the problem. Dr then lost all interest, said my Hashimoto's "wasn't that bad," stay on 10mcg T3 a day & return in 6 months. Dr did not truly accept my input or rejection of a wrong (for me) treatment plan. Dr didn't work with me till arriving at an individual protocol where I felt optimal. Dr wouldn't look for real answers. Since I felt I was dying, I went to another Dr. I was treated first for my severe adrenal problems, then given proper level of T3-only for my thyroid, & I recovered. I never had menopause. I had severe untreated endocrine issues.  Respond
RID: 2108669
04/05/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Gonzalez is a reknowned expert in the field of endocrinology. I find her to be very caring & compassionate. What I like the most is that she encourages OPTIMAL health. I see her for thyroid issues and she is by far the best I have seen. I also find her staff to be extremely warm & friendly. You should plan on about 1 hour wait in the office & this is because she takes her time with each patient & does not rush you out the door. Like many of her other patients, I travel quite a distance to see her. Thyroid issues can be complicated, and she truly takes the time to understand each individual symptom and condition. I highly recommend Dr. Gonzalez to anyone who is frustrated with their current thyroid treatment. As for her outfits, she is a very attractive and classy woman, and her taste in clothing is not at all offensive. I am there for her knowledge. What she wears is not of importance to me.
RID: 1685625
13/01/12 5 3 5 5 Dr. Gonazalez is WONDERFUL. She looks at all your symptoms, not just the # on your bloodwork!!
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 1249334
13/09/10 5 4 5 5 I have been a Registered Nurse since 1995. Dr. Gonzalez is the most thorough doctor I have ever seen. She took the time to assess me from head to toe. The diagnoses she made from her clininal exam were confirmed by the lab tests she ordered. But most importantly, Dr. Gonzalez listens to her patients, asks questions and does a complete history and physical without rushing. Dr. Gonzalez remembers that clinical findings are more important than lab values. She understands that one negative lab test doesn't mean a patient's report of life-altering symtoms is false. It means futher tests and examinations are needed. I am grateful to Dr. Gonzalez for helping me after years of suffering because all my prior doctors refused to listen to me or take the time to really examine me.
RID: 1221412
03/08/10 5 4 5 5 Well worth the wait! She is very knowledgeable....she wants you to be optimal not just within normal limits...I do not know what I would have done without her knowledge...If you follow her advice you will so improve the quality of your life...I have given her so many referrals because everyone asks me what are you doing...I tell them it is Dr. Gonzalez!
RID: 1218134
29/07/10 3 1 5 5 Great docter. Prescribed vitamin regime that helped my Graves Disease. Wish you did not have wait for the nurse to get back to you, when you have a question. Long wait in waiting room when you have an appointment to see her. Over an hour.  Respond
RID: 1202401
06/07/10 5 4 5 5 I have had thyroid issues for well over a decade (and I'm only 37). I had my thyroid removed almost 4 years ago due to large tumors pressing on my windpipe. I went through SEVERAL doctors who could care less about all of the things happening to me after my surgery. Dr. Gonzales was very knowledgable and willing to work with me to get my life back. I travel almost two hours each way to see her and it's worth every minute of driving!
Paid (or co-pay): $75
RID: 1198994
29/06/10 5 3 5 5 I feel better than I have in many years. Yes, there is usually a wait similar in time to what I've experienced seeing any really good specialist at UCLA, USC or other large medical institutions. I just plan for a little longer time there to see Dr Gonzalez. The staff is friendly. Go in with a smile & you will get warm friendly service back. They always remember tiny details about me, even though I am a fairly new patient. If I dont understand something the Dr or Nurses are saying. I tell them I didn't get it. No problem... They are patient and tell me again. Never a problem with refills if I keep my appt every 3-4 months. When I've had questions, call a nurse, she asks the Dr and I get a prompt answer. The below hat comment made me laugh. You will usually see some very stylish hats. Although I did see her without a hat once. It was ERIE. LOL J/K... I can't imagine working in a place that mostly see's hormonal women all day long... They handle it well. Bravo! Dr Gonzalez & Staff!
RID: 1082396
18/01/10 2 1 3 3 Initially, she was ideal by helping me with a vitamin regime that improved my health. But I was very disappointed when she didn't show for one of my appointments and her staff didn't know where she was. I waited an hour. No one ever called me to apologize or say what happened. It takes a long time to get an appointment, and they were not helpful (in fact they were somewhat rude) in setting up my next appointment. They are always in a hurry, do not return phone calls. I will not go back to her again.
RID: 1041368
23/11/09 1 1 1 1 she refused to talk to patients on the phone. Said my case was not urgent when I needed a new prescription and actually made my case worse. Each visit you waited over an extra hour to be seen even if you had an appt. Your appt. lasted 8 min. Will call if any problems. But, when you call they are rude and after over weeks do not get back to you. She is a bit wacky - with silly hats and more interest in her decorations at the office, dead spiders in jars, then her actual patients. Shame on her for treating her patients so uncaringly.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1020794
28/10/09 3 5 3 3 Dr Gonzales seems to know her stuff within her specialty-she wears hats with big brims,which hides most of her face making it very hard to read her lips when she is speaking to you,which is something I had to do b/c she talked so fast it was hard to understand her much of the time-  Respond
RID: 972034
25/08/09 5 4 5 5 THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT ONE OF THE BEST DOCTORS I HAVE EVER SEEN, CARING, KNOWLEDGABLE, GIVING. ANY ONE WHO HAS DR. GONZALEZ FOR A DOCTOR IS VERY LUCKY, SHE CHECKS EVERYTHING, NOTHING GETS LEFT OUT. I AM BLESSED. KK
RID: 695592
03/10/08 4 1 3 3 Found out I have breast cancer and have been on HRT for @10+ years. When notified of cancer was told to find an oncologist. Pretty insensitive for the amount of time I have spent with her. Disappointed as I expected more compassion for my situation than I received.
RID: 530918
05/03/08 5 4 5 5 I have been driving 1 hour to see Dr. G for five years now. She's amazing and worth the drive and any waiting time once I'm there. She provides very personal, caring and knowledgeable service. I don't know of any other doctors who provide her level of one-on-one service! A+++++
Paid (or co-pay): $5
RID: 124703
02/02/07 2 5 5 Dr. Gonzalez was very caring and focused on the patients comments. She provided a sense of peace by listening a treating with respect.  Respond
RID: 72828
20/12/06 3 4 5 Good luck trying to get an appointment! Staff either NEVER picks up the phone, returns calls days later and she is booked for months. When I finally got to see her, I was impressed with her but not with the hour long wait or home/office location.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user