Rate Dr. Norman Stanley

Dr. Norman Stanley's Ratings

Dr Stanley is the most horrific doctor. He should not be practicing anymore. He tells me I'm not doing things when I am (ie. Walking) and talks back to me like a young child. He is absolutely ridiculous and I wish I had never ever met him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

Dr. Stanley thinks he knows who is in pain and who is not!! He basically tells you how you are feeling!! He argued with me about how much pain i was in after i was in a serious accident which required a knee replacement, broken femur with titanium rod inserted and a broken hip....but according to him it shouldn't be too painful and i can continue to work!! This guy is just a clown....avoid this doctor. He is about 73 or 75 years old and still thinks the old school way of medicine...... We have all heard of the older generations stories of walking to school for 35 miles uphill... both ways!! This is the best way to describe him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2456717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr Stanley was very judgemental towards me. He made up his mind and that was it, which was unfair. He is very old.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1906802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

I just recently made the change from my previous family doctor of almost 18 years to Dr. Stanley and I couldn't be happier. His staff is great always friendly and well mannered, and Dr.Stanley always has a smile on his face and has been very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1906801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

Dr. Norman Stanley has been my doctor for MANY years, more than I can count, I don't go to my doctor a lot, I find him straight forward, he takes the time to explain, good listener, he's always been there when I've needed medical assistance, appointments are ALWAYS on time, his practice has been at the same location for may years, his track record speaks for itself, I think his receptionist gets a bad rap, those kinds of positions can be hectic, "job well done doctor Stanley", your probably soon to retire, I'll have a hard time replacing you, Dr. Stanley senior and his college Dr. Hignel brought me into this world sixty years ago, and the same office maybe at another location has been my doctors office of choice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1906800].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2012

Very punctual and on time. However, this comes at a cost of only having a maximum of 1 or 2 items covered at max in a sitting (even if it's just a prescription refill or question).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1906799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2012

Dr. Norman Stanley himself is very very much the best doctor i've ever had. I have had very negative experiences in the past, been prescribed medications that could have killed me. He however, takes time to get to know your past health history, your family's health hsitory. He takes time and is a doctor, not a "paid by the pill" salesman; which is hard to find lately. His receptionist however... leaves a bit to be desired, i've heard her almost yell at elderly people that were confused by the appointments given. I believe that with a new receptionist the appointments would be on time, and so many negative feedback wouldn't be given in the punctuality department. Always worth the wait to see him... but 45 minutes past the appointment time I found excessive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1906798].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2012

He is sarcastic and makes you feel like you are bothering him or wasting his time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1906797].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2011

Only saw him twice. Each of my questions was responded with sarcasm and belittling and he seemed a bit chauvinistic. I could look past personality differences, but he passed things off to the emergency doctor who was to do surgery on me when I wanted my family doctor to be involved. The staff are very difficult to work with. Efficient, maybe, I don't know, but jump to conclusions and sound annoyed. Can't comment on his knowledge -not with him long enough. Now looking for a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1906796].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2011

Appointments run pretty much on time. The receiptionist is efficient and helpful. Dr. Stanley is a good listener and seems very knowledgeable and kind. Not reluctant to order tests if necessary, and while he is busy, I didn't feel he had one foot out the door while talking to you like some Dr.s I have seen. I am happy to have found Dr. Stanley for my GP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1906795].votes_count ]]