Rate Dr. Keith Aronyk

Dr. Keith Aronyk's Ratings

Dr. Aronyk came into our lives as our baby was diagnosed with a brain mass in utero. It was late in the pregnancy and the problem was picked up on a routine ultrasound prior to being induced. In the days before meeting Dr. Aronyk there wasn't much light in our world as none of the doctors knew what this all meant for our little girl. From the moment we met Dr. Aronyk there was light again and hope. He brought with him not only expertise but also a presence that cannot be described in words. This man not only provided hope for an unborn child but formulated a plan early on, was honest and upfront with us and provided information at every step of the way. Our daughter has had two surgeries with Dr. Aronyk so far and is one month old. She's behaving like a normal one month old and has suprised everyone. I can't rate this man high enough or describe how happy we are to have him on our team that's allowed us to have our miracle baby.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1907037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2013

Dr. Aronyk walks on clouds in our family. Not only did he diagnose and remove a tumour from our daughter's brain this year, but he goes above and beyond his duties as a surgeon in many small ways. He kept us informed about every small detail daily, took the liberty to address her former physicians about her final diagnosis, and thoughfully shaved only a minimum amount of hair prior to surgery. He is thoughful, kind, and passionate about his field. He exceeds his reputation as a surgeon, which explains why he is the head or neurosurgery @ the Stollery. I am beyond grateful that he was chosen to be our surgeon during such a challenging and emotional time, and I know that God left us in the most qualified hands when He chose Dr. Aronyk to be her neurosurgeon. Words can never express our appreciation for everything he has done for our daughter and our family. Our city is more than blessed to have such a gifted surgeon and tremendous human being to treat our children. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

Dr A as my daughter calls him is an amazing surgeon and a more amazing person. He has been so compassionate with my daughter, he treated her like a person and made sure to include her on any decisions of her surgery. I strongly believe that if not for his quick action with my daughter she would be in wheelchair today. I really don't know how else to thank him and have nothing but the highest praise for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2012

Dr. Keith Aronyk is an amazing Doctor, when I was 12 he saved my life I had a tumor the size of a soft ball all in my vertebra. He took that tumor out replaced it with calcium/ fake bone. I could have died but because of him I am Living a full and wonderful life with my husband and baby girl Thank you so much Dr. Aronyk I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. - Amanda Penny

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

While I was pregnant I found out my little girl had a tumor in her brain, we later scheduled appointments for MRI & we ended up meeting Dr. Aronyk .He explained everything to us in great deal. Called us back for more then one appointment just to make sure we got it, everytime we went to see him he was very friendly & not very long waiting time, usually we got in by our appointment or just 5 minutes after our appointment was scheduled. We knew he was very busy but he encouraged us to ask any questions we had, aanswered them to the best he could. Everytime something new came up he would call us back in again. He was an amazing doctor, if you really want to know exactly what is going on i HIGHLY recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2011

An incredible Dr. and person, he genuinely cares and it shows through his respect, encouragement and even admiration of his patients and their families. We hope to never need his knowledge and skill again but just knowing he is here is a great relief.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2011

I love Dr. Aronyk, he has spent so much time with my daughter both whilst in hospital and at appointments. He is such a caring soul and a brilliant surgeon. He even takes the time to check my VP Shunt over when ever we are in his office. Anyone who says Neurosurgeons are arrogant because of their professions has never met this wonderful man. We love him! My daughter has had 3 surgeries from him, for spina bifida as well as tethered cord syndrome. He listened to our issues when no one else took the time. When my daughter had her 2nd surgery he came to her bed and played with her TY's with her. She made a point of getting him " Bruno" before we left the UofA... He was so touched by her gift. If you have a child with a neurological problem this is the man you want.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1907031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Due to a 2006 dirt bike accident, our 16 yr old son suffered subarachnoid as well as intraventricular bleeding with cerebral edema and bilateral occipital condyle fractures. He initially presented as a quadriplegic with a total loss of vocal and swallowing abilities. Dr Aronyk was patient and showed utmost concern for our son’s comfort, and well being as a whole person. Even when our son’s communication and movement were limited to eye blinking . . 1 blink for ‘Yes’ and 2 blinks for ‘No’ or spelling on an alphabet board or his bed sheets, Dr Aronyk always attempted to understand what our son was saying. He explained our son’s injuries in simple terms, sometimes even using props. He was respectful and showed utmost concern for the quality of our son’s life. He carefully weighed the pros and cons of neck fusion with us and Dr Fox . . mindful of our son's other injuries, ensuring that the necessary specialists assisted. Dr Aronyk is simply amazing. . an exemplar of a first rate doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2009

My name is Desmond Osborn, Im 22 years old. 20 years ago, Dr. Aronyk performed surgery on me, and changed my life forever, for the better. His passion and commitment to his career is what gave me the chance to have a passion for mine. Without his dedication and amazing medical expertise, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to live the way I do. With any problems I've ever had after the surgery, all minor, he was quick to get them fixed and even quicker to see me to make sure it was nothing serious. I owe this man a great deal, and could never thank him enough for everything he has done, not only for me but my family as well. I have never had a problem getting in to see him, and he always had a smile on his face, and any questions we've ever had hes been more than willing to answer in an easy to understand manner. I recommend him to anyone with a pediatric neurology question or concern, Thank you again Dr. Aronyk.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Our daughter was admitted to the Stollery at which time she had another surgeon assigned to her who is absolutely wonderful! Dr. Aronyk wasn’t even her Dr and he see’s her every time we take her to the Stollery! He is just a wonderful person and we were blessed that he did have an interest in her care. He did refer her to our pediatrician who we LOVE! Remarkable man! God Bless!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907028].votes_count ]]