Rate Dr. Amy C. Portmore

Dr. Amy C. Portmore's Ratings

I feel that Dr Portmore is one of the best Internists on the Peninsula. She has email to communicate about important health issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2456738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

I went to Dr. Portmore for a painful cough I have been having for the past two weeks. After looking in my ear, my throat and listening to my lungs, she said I'm fine, I don't need medication and I'll be recovering soon. Somehow I just felt like she just brushed it off. I'm the type that would never go to the doctor unless I know something is really wrong. Two days later, I wake up feeling worse and my ears have been closed all day. I came here to see if I should trust to go see Dr. Portmore again but looks like it's a no. I am now booking an appointment to go see an Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT) Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2013

She is very knowledgeable and caring. I respect her and recommend her highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2009

I didn't find Dr. Portmore very helpful. She wasn't concerned about any of my symptoms, just sent me off to run some labs. I had to call a couple times to get my results. And then she just shrugged her shoulders after looking at my labs and sent me to a specialist. Not impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

Could not agree more with previous comment -- she is incompetent. Seems to only know a standard set of questions to ask -- but no idea how to interpret the answers. And no follow up on issue(s) as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907597].votes_count ]]