You may also like

Rate Dr. Bill MacKie

Dr. Bill MacKie's Ratings

I have seen Dr. Mackie few times and after waiting to see a specialist for months I left very dissapointed. He may have 40 years experience but he certainly forgot how to do a proper assessment before jumping to a diagnosis, very poor listening skills (if not terrible), and felt the appointments are centred on his ego and how he talks about his experience with athletes all these years and didn't even took the time to assess my knee. He is very unclear with his plan of treatment and zero empathy. I had heard some comments about his "care" (or lack of) at a physiotherapist clinic but after meeting him few times I feel he was disrespectful, lack of professionalism, no listening or assessment skills and no empathy.....regardless of his years of experience. Terrible experience. I really hope doctors take their job seriously and remember the true meaning of CARE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2777016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

The best doctor I have seen! He knows his stuff and you can tell that he cares about the patient. I am proud to call him my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

I can not think of any other business or service that has been as bad as this Dr.Absolutely no respect for your time. I have been to him 4 times and he is consistently about an hour late. Then he doesn't want to spend more than a few minutes with the you. I actually signed up with this site just for him, while waiting.Likely this will be the last time I'm eating my time with this guy. This is the price to pay for a health care under monopoly and no competition ....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Great doctor! He has helped me with my knees more than any other doctor. He works hard to make me feel better with exercises, meds, shots and diagnoses with imaging tests. Great sports medicine doctor he is worth the time to get the referal. He follows up and answers all questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2013

In 1977, shortly after he took over an established practice in Victoria, I presented with a brain aneurysms and blood clots. It was solely his action to run some simple tests that revealed the life threatening condition. I truly owe my life to him and Dr. Cameron who performed the 7.5 hour long operation. I was 18. I am now 53 a father of 5 and grandfather of 10. On second thoughts maybe I shouldn't be so thankful as now I have to work till I'm 90 to cover the birthday and Xmas presents. Thanks so much for all these 35 years I would not have had without you! Kevin Middleton

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2013

He has been my doctor for 30 years now. From time to time I will go to a walk in clinic closer to work or home and in comparison, I have to say that he is still the best. He is busy - who ever heard of anyone who is Good who is not busy? If you really need it, he will make extra time. You can always book another appointment to see him again - he cannot know in advance that you need 20 or 30 minutes. When he makes extra time for you or someone else, he will get behind - it happens. Years ago I relied more on his sports med expertise. Now I have other issues and he has been able to refer me to some of the best specialists in the city.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2013

Bill Mackie as a great doctor very knowledgeable and help full!he has helped me with my knees elbows hips sports injury and my "MS" an absolutely fantastic doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2012

Took the time to provide a detailed explanation of my knee injury without insulting my intelligence. He seemed genuinely interested in helping me to heal unlike previous specialists that I have seen in the two years since the injury. Not impressed with the staff in his office though (The Doctor's Office on West Broadway) as they made a mistake with my MRI referral causing me to wait over a year for the scan. Follow up on referrals, do not trust that they have done it correctly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2009

Dr Mackie is a very good doctor. My family has been going to him for about 10 years. He is always caring, calm and knowledgeable. He is careful not to over prescribe medication. If he has any concerns he sends his patients to good specialists. He discovered my husband's cancerous mole and saved his life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Mackie from a sports injury. My family Dr. was also retiring at the time. I liked this guy's demeanor and style and begged his staff to take me on as my family Dr. as well. My kids see him now too. The reason he is rushed is THIS GUY HAS HIS STUFF TOGETHER. He might only take 5 minutes to see me, but the feedback I get in that 5 minutes is invaluable. If he needs to take more time, HE WILL. I think he is the type of guy that just needs to hear that: "I hurt the under side of your foot while running" - to tell you that you have plantar fasciitis and how to heal it. Not: I got home from work, after going to my brother in-law's place and noticed while watching the hockey game...blah blah. I would rather hear MY DOCTOR talk instead of hearing MYSELF talk. This guy is thorough, efficient and has always got my diagnosis correct and given great advice. If you want a Dr. that is efficient and knowledgeable enough to help you in a couple of minutes, then he is the guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1907724].votes_count ]]