Dr. Bernard K. Crawford

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. Bernard K. Crawford has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Cardiothoracic Surgeon-related: coronary artery bypass, heart valve repair, heart valve replacement, heart defects, artery surgery, heart surgery, lung surgery, esophagus surgery, heart transplant, lung transplant, pulmonary disease, esophageal disease, arterial disease, angioplasty, myocardial infarction, arrhythmias, pacemaker, chest cavity surgery, stents
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5
RID: 4295559
28/01/14 5 5 5 5 Dr.Bernard Crawford is an excellent thoracic surgeon.He is intelligent,experienced,compassionate and thorough.From his pre-surgery planning to his post-surgery check-up, Dr.Crawford was very efficient and comprehensive,reducing pre-operation anxiety by meticulously addressing any and all questions that I had.My family can't say enough good things about his work and support. I would strongly recommend Dr. Crawford to anyone.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 968971
21/08/09 5 5 5 5 Excellent, knowledgeable and skilled doctor in his field. He's polite and courteous and makes you feel at ease regardless of what the outcome is. I would definitely refer him to anyone suffering from thoracic problems. "He's a gentle giant in his field".
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 33686
27/06/06 4 5 5 I used Dr. Crawford when I had my surgery for a partial chordectomy as a result of a pleural effusion. He was highly recommended to me by another doctor. He was the second surgeon I saw, and I chose him, despite his not being in my plan, because, unlike the other surgeon, he stated that I would not have to stay home (I live alone) after my release, and Ialso wanted to have it done at NYU Medical Center. I had no regrets, and I completly recovered.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 3560
05/12/04 5 5 5 Saved my mother's life. Saved her from unnecessary surgery and painful treatments by offering cutting-edge techniques (no pun). Wonderful personality, brilliant man, devoted doctor. His office is quiet, efficiently run, with helpful and knowing assistants. Devotes the time to patients that human beings deserve.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield