Rate Dr. Mark Rosengarten

Dr. Mark Rosengarten's Ratings

My wife and I have quite a story to share. We were visiting Vancouver earlier this year. My wife was in her second trimester when we arrived in Canada. It turned out to be a high risk pregnancy with a serious life threatening complication that developed literally overnight. There were no signs whatsoever that it could develop into something so serious, as everything went strictly "by the book" until all of a sudden my wife was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia. Her blood pressure skyrocketed and there were other worrying signs such as blurred vision and swelling. I had to take her to emergency/assessment room a few times while doctors were trying to balance her health and baby's health. Unfortunately, we could no longer keep the baby inside as my wife's condition was getting worse day by day. As a result, the baby was born prematurely at 34 weeks.

We first met Dr. Mark Rosengarten at BC Women's Hospital assessment room when I brought my wife for a checkup. We were quite devastated as we had no obstetrician looking after my wife and coming back to the assessment room every other day clearly was not an option. My wife had previously spent two days at BC Women's Hospital after she was diagnosed with preeclampsia. However, she was discharged as her condition downgraded from severe to mild (it went back to severe again two weeks later at which point she was induced). Prior to discharge the OB on call gave us another OB's contact telephone number for a follow up appointment as my wife required daily assessments, blood work and occasional ultrasound, but when we called the number provided two days later we were told that the OB was on holiday and there was no one else who could look after us. We had no idea what to do… alone in a foreign country with no family or friends… We tried to get a hold of the OB who gave us the telephone number for the follow up appointment, but he literally said "we were not his problem". Can you imagine a doctor saying such a horrible thing when a patient has a life threatening condition? We were devastated...

We had no choice but go back to the assessment room that day, so my wife could at least get her blood work and other tests done to make sure her preeclampsia was under control. This is when we met Dr Mark Rosengarten for the first time. He was an OB on call that night and we thank God for arranging this meeting, as it was such a blessing. He genuinely listened to our concerns. It was obvious that he was extremely sympathetic to our plight as if we were his own family members. It meant a great deal to us. For the first time we felt safe. I knew from the moment I met Dr Rosengarten that he would never let anything bad happen to my dear wife or our baby. He kindly agreed to see us again in his office the following day, despite the fact that he probably had hundreds of other patients who equally needed his attention. Dr Rosengarten looked after my wife for the remainder of her pregnancy. We were desperately trying to get as far as 36 weeks, but it did not work out as life takes its path… we were lucky to get as far as 34 weeks and 6 days, as my wife's pregnancy could have been terminated when she was first diagnosed with preeclampsia at 32 weeks. It would be particularly devastating as according to our research most babies born so early have long term health issues. We are so glad we made it to 34 - 35 weeks!

Dr Rosengarten always made us feel like we were his top priority. He always tried to encourage us even when we were told that my wife's pregnancy was coming to an end due to her condition getting worse. I could not imagine my son being born at 34 weeks, but Dr Rosengarten discussed all the pros and cons with us. At least we knew what we were doing and why. Inducing my wife was a hard decision to make, but Dr Rosengarten assured us that we would be fine and it was the right decision to make as if we waited another week my wife could have a stroke, seizure or even fall into a coma, not to mention that the baby could die. We were in panic mode. However, Dr Rosengarten managed to put our mind at ease. Our little sunshine was born healthy, just needed to learn how to feed. My wife's preeclampsia disappeared a week after the baby was born.

It is very difficult to impress me, especially when it comes to medical services. Naturally, I don't trust doctors as unfortunately, most doctors I have dealt with in my life were not as nice and professional as Dr Rosengarten. He is truly gifted. I mean it. It was an absolute pleasure to deal with him both personally and professionally. We were absolutely delighted with Dr Rosengarten as our OB and cannot recommend him highly enough. We are so happy to have met him in our life and we will be forever grateful to him for what he has done for our family. I don't know what could have happened if we did not meet Dr Rosengarten at the assessment room that night. It might have been a totally different story, not necessarily with a happy ending…

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2635702].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

Dr. Rosengarten became my OB after I had 2 miscarriages. When I cried in his office he wasn't uncomfortable at all and took the time to comfort me. When I became pregnant a third time he recommended extra monitoring and took the time to call me personally (twice) to book an early ultrasound as it looked like I was going to lose the third pregnancy too. Thankfully we didn't lose our daughter and Dr. Rosengarten looked after me well throughout the pregnancy. We had a second daughter and I returned to him again for care. Neither of my daughters ended up being delivered by Dr. Rosengarten as the on call schedule didnt' work out - this didn't bother me at all. I received excellent care at Women's by several OBs. Dr. Rosengarten came by to say hi the next morning in both cases. He recommended VBAC for my second (first was an emergency C section) and never pressed me to have an induction with my first (she was 10 days late). Point is I never felt pressured to do anything I wasn't comfortable with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

My experience with Dr. Rosengarten was wonderful. He is an amazing doctor and a very special person. I had multiple uncommon and potentially dangerous medical issues that could have complicated my Daughters birth. Dr. Rosengarten took all of these issues as well as my concerns and anxieties very seriously. He referred me to wonderful specialists, and did everything necessary for me to have a safe and healthy birth. Dr. Rosengarten is kind, informative, and reassuring. He went above and beyond all of my expectations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Amazing physician!! This man is truly gifted. A health professional myself, I can't speak high enough of Dr. Rosengarten. I feel extremely lucky to have had him for my first pregnancy. He was always so patient in answering my questions and concerns and never made me feel rushed. His knowledge and confidence made me feel at ease throughout my pregnancy and he prepared my husband and I well for what to expect in labor and delivery and afterwards. He is such a genuine and kind individual with such a wonderful sense of humor. Thank you Dr. Rosengarten for making my pregnancy such a wonderful experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

I had a large cyst removed by Dr. rose garter and he was amazingly helpful and got me into surgery very quickly! I then asked him about getting a tummy tuck and he talked me out of it and said I was being too hard on myself. Some doctors would have just taken the money. I would definitely go to him again. He is also just a really nice guy with a great sense of humor!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2575286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

I agree How can a wonderful Dr. Have such a horrible receptionist. The receptionist is not Profesional and should not be dealing with patients as she is rude, angry and disrespectful.
This individual taints the office with her negative attitude. She should not be in that position as she makes it very difficult to deal with. There are many talented individuals that could be in that position. Dr.Rosengarten should not have her as his front line at the office.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2518064].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

Dr Rosengarten is amazing. He makes you feel so at ease and comfortable. I feel so lucky to have had him as my OB thoughout my first pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

BEST DOCTOR EVER! Hands down. He makes you feel so comfortable and relaxed about pregnancy and child birth. He has been my OB throughout my two pregnancies, and i was lucky to have him deliver my first daughter, and he made the experience an awesome one! He always takes his time to answer any questions or concerns and i never once felt rushed. This is why he often runs behind, but he is worth waiting for! I don't know why the receptionist gets a bad rep, I have always found Liz to be super helpful and friendly. She always remembers my name, is very friendly, and when I called with any concerns she always got back to me right away with an answer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2500794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Love Mark, he is such a nice OB. Did a great job on my c/section and great care overall. We did not have a problem with his office staff. Also, referred to a great pediatrician for baby care (dr. Hadad).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468080].votes_count ]]