Rate Dr. Mark Rosengarten

Dr. Mark Rosengarten's Ratings

Dr Rosengarten is an amazing doctor. I had a pregnancy with several complications and was in and out of hospital. Each time, Dr. Rosengarten visited me in hospital and made sure I was well taken care of. Although he didn't deliver my twins (not on-call at the time), he came to visit me in the OR just before my c-section to reassure me, even though it was 7am on his DAY OFF. If that isn't dedication, I don't know what is. A truly amazing doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2753887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Dr. Rosengarten and his secretary Liz are always courteous and kind, which means a lot. Despite the busy nature of the practice, Dr. Rosengarten is always thorough, caring and professional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2749902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

You always hope a pregnancy goes to plan. However, sometimes it's just not meant to be. I was pregnant with my second child, which happened quickly following a cyst removal surgery that Dr Rosengarten also performed, and he asked to be my doctor for my second pregnancy. He seemed genuinely thrilled for me. Sadly, this pregnancy did not work out. It was devastating. That said, the support he offered - numerous calls to my home to check up on me, additional appointments to talk me through what happened and to reassure me - helped me get through some of the worst moments in my life. I have no hesitation in singing his praises.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

He is one the best doctor/OB gyne. We like him so much. His very nice and very helpful. I would recommend him. He takes good care of you before and after delivery. And he is handsome too. Lol. 👏👏👏👍👍👍✌️✌️✌️✌️👌👌👌❤️❤️❤️

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2727788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

He truly is passionate about his work and he cares so much for each of his patients. The running joke is that couples want to have more children just to see him more often! Love, love, Dr. Rosengarten. He truly is an unbelievable person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2694133].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

I was fortunate to have Dr. Rosengarten as my OB/GYN for my pregnancy. He made me feel very at ease and relaxed (it was my 1st so I was terrified lol). He always took the time to answer my questions and explain each step of my pregnancy thoroughly to me. He wasn't the doctor that delivered my daughter but he came by to visit twice while I was in the hospital. He is seriously just the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

As a health care professional I know that it is impossible to be 100% all of the time. Sure reception can be overwhelming, and make a person short from time to time, but havent we all had a bad day?? Truth be told, patient care has been consistently amazing in my 14.5 years of experience with Dr. Rosengarten and his office and the physician group he works with (this is really important...becuase you dont ALWAYS get YOUR doc for delivery. I always knew i was getting the best care for me and my babes. Unwaveringly exceptional care over 15 years - certainly a testimony of commitment to excellent. I am thankful for people like this training up our medical future. Having Dr. Rosengarten as your doctor...probably the best decision you could make. :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

My wife and I have quite a story to share. We were visiting Vancouver earlier this year. My wife was in her second trimester when we arrived in Canada. It turned out to be a high risk pregnancy with a serious life threatening complication that developed literally overnight. There were no signs whatsoever that it could develop into something so serious, as everything went strictly "by the book" until all of a sudden my wife was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia. Her blood pressure skyrocketed and there were other worrying signs such as blurred vision and swelling. I had to take her to emergency/assessment room a few times while doctors were trying to balance her health and baby's health. Unfortunately, we could no longer keep the baby inside as my wife's condition was getting worse day by day. As a result, the baby was born prematurely at 34 weeks.

We first met Dr. Mark Rosengarten at BC Women's Hospital assessment room when I brought my wife for a checkup. We were quite devastated as we had no obstetrician looking after my wife and coming back to the assessment room every other day clearly was not an option. My wife had previously spent two days at BC Women's Hospital after she was diagnosed with preeclampsia. However, she was discharged as her condition downgraded from severe to mild (it went back to severe again two weeks later at which point she was induced). Prior to discharge the OB on call gave us another OB's contact telephone number for a follow up appointment as my wife required daily assessments, blood work and occasional ultrasound, but when we called the number provided two days later we were told that the OB was on holiday and there was no one else who could look after us. We had no idea what to do… alone in a foreign country with no family or friends… We tried to get a hold of the OB who gave us the telephone number for the follow up appointment, but he literally said "we were not his problem". Can you imagine a doctor saying such a horrible thing when a patient has a life threatening condition? We were devastated...

We had no choice but go back to the assessment room that day, so my wife could at least get her blood work and other tests done to make sure her preeclampsia was under control. This is when we met Dr Mark Rosengarten for the first time. He was an OB on call that night and we thank God for arranging this meeting, as it was such a blessing. He genuinely listened to our concerns. It was obvious that he was extremely sympathetic to our plight as if we were his own family members. It meant a great deal to us. For the first time we felt safe. I knew from the moment I met Dr Rosengarten that he would never let anything bad happen to my dear wife or our baby. He kindly agreed to see us again in his office the following day, despite the fact that he probably had hundreds of other patients who equally needed his attention. Dr Rosengarten looked after my wife for the remainder of her pregnancy. We were desperately trying to get as far as 36 weeks, but it did not work out as life takes its path… we were lucky to get as far as 34 weeks and 6 days, as my wife's pregnancy could have been terminated when she was first diagnosed with preeclampsia at 32 weeks. It would be particularly devastating as according to our research most babies born so early have long term health issues. We are so glad we made it to 34 - 35 weeks!

Dr Rosengarten always made us feel like we were his top priority. He always tried to encourage us even when we were told that my wife's pregnancy was coming to an end due to her condition getting worse. I could not imagine my son being born at 34 weeks, but Dr Rosengarten discussed all the pros and cons with us. At least we knew what we were doing and why. Inducing my wife was a hard decision to make, but Dr Rosengarten assured us that we would be fine and it was the right decision to make as if we waited another week my wife could have a stroke, seizure or even fall into a coma, not to mention that the baby could die. We were in panic mode. However, Dr Rosengarten managed to put our mind at ease. Our little sunshine was born healthy, just needed to learn how to feed. My wife's preeclampsia disappeared a week after the baby was born.

It is very difficult to impress me, especially when it comes to medical services. Naturally, I don't trust doctors as unfortunately, most doctors I have dealt with in my life were not as nice and professional as Dr Rosengarten. He is truly gifted. I mean it. It was an absolute pleasure to deal with him both personally and professionally. We were absolutely delighted with Dr Rosengarten as our OB and cannot recommend him highly enough. We are so happy to have met him in our life and we will be forever grateful to him for what he has done for our family. I don't know what could have happened if we did not meet Dr Rosengarten at the assessment room that night. It might have been a totally different story, not necessarily with a happy ending…

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2635702].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

Dr. Rosengarten became my OB after I had 2 miscarriages. When I cried in his office he wasn't uncomfortable at all and took the time to comfort me. When I became pregnant a third time he recommended extra monitoring and took the time to call me personally (twice) to book an early ultrasound as it looked like I was going to lose the third pregnancy too. Thankfully we didn't lose our daughter and Dr. Rosengarten looked after me well throughout the pregnancy. We had a second daughter and I returned to him again for care. Neither of my daughters ended up being delivered by Dr. Rosengarten as the on call schedule didnt' work out - this didn't bother me at all. I received excellent care at Women's by several OBs. Dr. Rosengarten came by to say hi the next morning in both cases. He recommended VBAC for my second (first was an emergency C section) and never pressed me to have an induction with my first (she was 10 days late). Point is I never felt pressured to do anything I wasn't comfortable with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

My experience with Dr. Rosengarten was wonderful. He is an amazing doctor and a very special person. I had multiple uncommon and potentially dangerous medical issues that could have complicated my Daughters birth. Dr. Rosengarten took all of these issues as well as my concerns and anxieties very seriously. He referred me to wonderful specialists, and did everything necessary for me to have a safe and healthy birth. Dr. Rosengarten is kind, informative, and reassuring. He went above and beyond all of my expectations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583285].votes_count ]]