Rate Dr. John Andrew Brothers

Dr. John Andrew Brothers's Ratings

Very supportive and was very helpful; felt I could get in to see him on short notice; I recommend him to someone looking for a primary doctor. (AEL)

Submitted June 19, 2012 | flag

He takes his time and is honest and caring. Never have I been rushed. I would not want to see anyother doctor. My Kids all love to see him as well.

Submitted March 30, 2012 | flag

I have a wonderful family doctor at PAMF, but she is always so booked. So, last Sunday I broke my finger in a Karate tournament and I needed to see a doctor ASAP on Monday. She was booked as always and although I did not want to, I ended up seeing Dr. Brothers for the first time. I was very pleasantly surprised. He seemed genuinely interested in my situation. I did wait a bit longer than for my regular doctor, but what I liked more about him was the fact that he did not seem to rush me. He took the time to listen to me and he even gave me a note to give my boss if my finger hurt and I needed to go home. He was fast to refer me for x-rays and I would definitely recommend him. He's very pleasant as a person and in my humble opinion very knowledgeable as a doctor as well.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2011 | flag

He's very cooperating if you want to get certain tests/prescriptions/referrals. If you know what you're asking for, no problem here. But as a doctor, I would give him -10 stars if I could. Treatments prescribed to me were crapshooting, tests were for ridiculous reasons and seemed to benefit more the clinic profits then the patient. I came with a simple problem and he wasn't able to figure it out for 6 months (I got it fixed myself with a common natural supplement). I stopped coming after I got into a bad condition out of his services. The whole place is not any better. I have 2 MDs in my own family, and they both agreed that the doctors here don't know what they are doing.

Submitted May 3, 2010 | flag

This doctor is amazingly helpful, kind, brilliant ,and thorough. He has cured me when others could not. He cured my daughter when her pediatrician could not. I can't thank this doctor enough.

Submitted March 15, 2010 | flag

Amazingly helpful staff at Palo Alto Medical Foundation (the Old San Francisco Road office in Sunnyvale) - Dr. Brothers' assistant helped me sign up for PAMF online and was really, really nice. Dr. Brothers himself was also very knowledgeable, comprehensive in questions (in order to isolate the cause of my symptoms), discrete (no useless questions when I saw him to order routine STD tests), and attentive while doing the physical examinations. He is in his early 30s, bright, sharp, precise, and I felt I related with him very well. I've had a very good experience during out appointment, and will look into having him as my primary care physician. (My current PCP is also a good doctor, and I simply found Dr. Brothers's style more to my liking - I am a software engineer and appreciate precision, comprehensiveness and parsimony.)

Submitted Dec. 2, 2009 | flag

I have been a loyal patient of Dr Brothers for over 3 years. He is knowledgeable, kind and most importantly….he LISTENS to me! I have no problem referring Dr. Brothers to my family, friends and clients. I think the person who gave Dr Brothers such a poor rating should remove it immediately. I find it extremely insulting and untrue. This is a board for accurate ratings…not fabrication or childish rants.

Submitted March 23, 2009 | flag

I liked him. He was very good and I will continue to go to him. I have told my sister about him and will recommend him to friends. He spent time to listen to me and was very gentle and had latest technology available to him. His employees joked with me and made me laugh.

Submitted March 24, 2006 | flag

Dr. Brothers is always friendly and easy to talk to. Dr. Brothers takes time to listen. I have been frustrated by the waiting time sometimes, but other than that, I have had no problems. I have seen Dr. Brothers for a few years now and come to him with a number of issues. He has been helpful, sympathetic and curteous every time.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2005 | flag