Dr. Heather I. Terbell

Grad. Year: 2001

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Heather I. Terbell has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5437814
01/05/14 4 4 5 5 Comparing Dr. Terbell and her office staff to my previous experience with OB/GYN's, her staff keeps you informed (even calls you ahead of your appt!) if she's running late. This happened only a couple of times. Usually Dr. Terbell is available and on time to see the people she's made appointments with. I had many surgeries by my late 20's and was unable to recall what I had done, and when. Dr. Terbell was able to go back over my old records and help me figure out what had been done and discuss with me what my options were as we went forward. This was a different approach. I was used to doctors telling me what was going to be done to my body and my having to fight to have a say about it, not discussing it with me. Dr. Terbell has a refreshing approach, which I appreciate.
RID: 4839423

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.8  Respond
RID: 3970886
22/01/14 4 3 5 5 My experience of 5 years of TTC with infertility issues ranging from miscarriages to ectopic pregnancies has left me disappointed with OBGYNs I have been in the care of. Dr Heather Terbell has an amazing bed side manner, listens to her patient, has empathy and eases all your fears. She goes above and beyond what a sensitive patient needs. I find her to be an experienced and educated Dr and would recommend her to anyone.
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Heather" to "Heather I."
RID: 1289093
08/11/10 4 5 5 4 I owe Dr Terbell many many thanks. I saw her for the fist time in May, she appeared to be busy, flighty, and was on call. When she got my pap results back she called me immediatedly, she caught my CIN 2-3 before it turned to cancer. She took immediate action to get me to the Oncologist and treated asap. She is busy, yes, but she is good and she is thorough. After my diagnosis, she took time to call me after hours from home to talk to me knowing that my fiance and and I are planning to have a baby soon after our wedding in March. This is when I saw the other side of Dr. Terbell, she reassured me that with today's technology that I will be able to keep my uterus and I will be able to conceive. She has a warm bedside manner when it is needed, she can't read your minds, just ask her for what you need. Otherwise she is busy and has things to do. I owe her many thanks.
RID: 1283905
01/11/10 4 4 5 5 I loved Dr. Terbell at my prenatal visits - SO easy to talk to and a great listener - and I was so happy she was on call when my son was born. She is so friendly and warm which was very important to me in the delivery room. I always felt completely comfortable in her care as she was so knowledgable and in control of everything. It made the whole birth experience an even more wonderful one. I have recommended her to many friends as my favorite doctor in the practice.
RID: 1242872
02/09/10 3 3 5 5 Dr. Terbell is fantastic. After increasingly painful periods, I had several tests done, and found out I had endometriosis, which necessitated surgery. I'd never hear of the condition and sensing my confusion, Dr. Terbell spent so much time with me that we ran into the next appointment, but since I still had some questions she took me to her office, (so the next patient could get the room) pulled up my ultrasound on her computer, and made sure I didn't have further questions. She is the type of doctor who genuinely cares for patients. I was deeply impressed by her and highly recommend her is you are looking for a smart, competent, and empathetic physician.
RID: 940655
20/07/09 2 1 1 1 Doctor Terbell was my delivering physician more than a year ago with my first child. I saw her more often than most of the other doctors in her practice during my pregnancy. At delivery, I tore significantly in my perineum (which, incidentally, Dr. Terbell never told me was an extremely common and EASILY PREVENTABLE occurrence, though I asked her in advance of the birth to tell me about the best ways to avoid an excessively painful delivery and to ensure a speedy recovery). She stitched up the deep tear in such a way that the stitches and scar tissue in the region are still very painful to this day - over fourteen months later (not normal). I hope that others will consider this and be thoughtful in choosing their physician to avoid such poor quality of care. And if they choose Dr. Terbell, I hope that they know to expect the absolute minimum they could hope for in a physician - at worst one who is less skilled than they should be at stitching up an extremely delicate area.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 939402
17/07/09 3 3 4 5 In my experience, she's an excellent doctor who seems to respond best to patients who are informed and involved in their own care. She always has time for my questions, and any question I ask unearths useful information. She also seems less likely to give the unthinking, stock answers so often given by other doctors. Perhaps a good match for patients who see a doctor as a partner in their care, aren't hesitant to educate themselves about their care, and are willing to initiate discussions with the doctor.  Respond
RID: 914855
16/06/09 1 1 1 1 Wow. That's terrible! Dr. John Vanderheide is soooo much better. They're in the same practice. I saw Dr. Terbell too sometimes during both my pregnancies (the doctors rotate and you can see all of them that way) She seemed really flighty to me. I recommend Vanderheide. He's a great doctor.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 886795
13/05/09 3 2 1 1 In my opinion, Dr. Heather Terbell is the kind of physician who gives the profession a bad name. Without exception (other than the odd ultrasound performed with extremely outdated equipment) an average check-up consisted of her arriving (usually more than 20 minutes after the nurse had finished my vitals), opening my chart evidently for the first time and reviewing those vitals (without a word to me), breaking out her stethoscope to listen to my heart, briefly feeling my abdomen, then - signaling the end of our time together - asking me if I had any questions. If so, she gave the distinct impression that I was truly inconveniencing her. If not, she left without any more than a "See you next time." During labor, I had to demand that she leave her office to come to the hospital to deliver my baby (a 5 minute walk!) as she had delegated it to the doctor on call that day. A very poor choice for a first time expectant mother or any patient who expects more than the bare minimum of care.  Respond