Rate Dr. Jamil Bashir

Dr. Jamil Bashir's Ratings

I received a quad bypass on May 30/2014 and wish there was a scoring mechanism above 'best'. Both my wife and I are retired Health Care Professionals and have very high standards.....Dr. Bashir sets the bar even higher than we imagined. Now if he could only fix the hospital food........

Submitted June 27, 2014 | flag

Dr. Bashir replaced my heart valve in June of this year, he is both an exceptional surgeon, and an exceptional person, we are fotunate to have him here in B.C.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2013 | flag

DR. Bashir did an aortal replacement on me Apr.10th/2013.He was very attentive to my wife & I as she was more stressed than I was.I felt ready to leave on the 4th day after surgery but left on the 5th. 3 1/2 weeks later I feel GREAT!!Scarring will be minimal.Dr.Bashir did a fantastic job.Can't thank him and Jackie enough!! Bruce Bingham Whitehorse YT

Submitted May 4, 2013 | flag

Dr. Bashir is a brilliant surgeon. Given my dad's health condition, he successfully performed a difficult triple bypass surgery on him & he's doing great now. The before/after surgery care was amazing. We can't thank him enough.

Submitted July 25, 2008 | flag

Dr. Jamil Bashir is amazing! He performed a very difficult long surgery on my brother-in-law David's aorta on Thursday. Today is Monday, 4 days after and David is going home tomorrow morning in great shape! Can't thank you enough Dr. Bashir

Submitted May 26, 2008 | flag

He is a brilliant & compassionate person. It was a privelege for my father to be in his care. I would recommend this dynamic Dr. to anyone with cardiac issues. Blessings to you Dr. Bashir.

Submitted May 31, 2007 | flag

Dr. Bashir performed a triple by-pass on me in October of 2005 and now, almost two years later I continue to feel well and live a normal life. The night before the surgery he was with me (circumstances made the prep a hasty one although not a full blown emergency)explaining what he'd be doing. I recall a fascinating chat about the statistics of misadventure in this procedure, about which I was more curious than whether it would be beating heart or on the pump procedure. Sometime on the third day he spotted me walking about in the corridor, recognised me and we had an impromptu visit and check up right there. On a later follow-up visit he skillfully took me through a conversation that explored what drugs I was on, and should be on, my post-operative exercise and dietary regimens. Not to be flip, but I'd surely want him to fondle my heart again if that became necessary.

Submitted May 31, 2007 | flag

Dr. Jamil Bashir, operated on my husband in July of 2006. He was excellent in explained in great detail the procedures that would be used to save his life. It was also a procedure that had not been done before, and we were also explained the risk. Dr. Bashir visited my husband before the surgery many times and was always very friendly, and had the best bedside manner. When he left the room we felt confident and calm. He reassured us in a very stressful time. My husband is doing well, and we have Dr. Bashir and St. Paul's hospital to thank for their wonderful service to us. I couldn't and woundn't want any other doctor to preform heart surgery on my husband or any of my family. He is the very best in our opinion.

Submitted March 27, 2007 | flag

performed quadruple bypass on me on 20 oct 06.he was very (excellent) good. i recovered in a short period of time.

Submitted March 25, 2007 | flag

I found Dr. Bashir to be the most compassionate, intelligent, informative & caring Doctor in one of my most stressful times of my life. I would highly recommend Dr. Bashir to any of my family, friends & acquaintances if they should ever require any type of caridio bypass surgery. He definetely calmed both me & my families fears of the necessary surgery & the support & follow up far exceeded my expectations of a very busy heart specialist. My double bypass surgery was successfully performed using my own arteries on Aug. 31/07 & I feel 100% better in health. This Doctor is worthy of an excellence award if there was one to be presented. Thanks Dr. Bashir for letting me have a new lease on life. Darlene Scott

Submitted March 13, 2007 | flag