Rate Dr. Jamil Bashir

Dr. Jamil Bashir's Ratings

Dr. Bashir is a exceptional surgeon who has a beautiful human caring side as well. Two surgeons passed taking on my 79 year old Mother's very unique heart surgery. Dr. Bashir accepted her as a patient and performed the surgery flawlessly. She has recovered remarkably and thanks to Dr. Bashir she is fully living and enjoying her life again. We are forever grateful to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539840].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

I received a quad bypass on May 30/2014 and wish there was a scoring mechanism above 'best'. Both my wife and I are retired Health Care Professionals and have very high standards.....Dr. Bashir sets the bar even higher than we imagined. Now if he could only fix the hospital food........

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2456768].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr. Bashir replaced my heart valve in June of this year, he is both an exceptional surgeon, and an exceptional person, we are fotunate to have him here in B.C.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2013

DR. Bashir did an aortal replacement on me Apr.10th/2013.He was very attentive to my wife & I as she was more stressed than I was.I felt ready to leave on the 4th day after surgery but left on the 5th. 3 1/2 weeks later I feel GREAT!!Scarring will be minimal.Dr.Bashir did a fantastic job.Can't thank him and Jackie enough!! Bruce Bingham Whitehorse YT

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Dr. Bashir is a brilliant surgeon. Given my dad's health condition, he successfully performed a difficult triple bypass surgery on him & he's doing great now. The before/after surgery care was amazing. We can't thank him enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Dr. Jamil Bashir is amazing! He performed a very difficult long surgery on my brother-in-law David's aorta on Thursday. Today is Monday, 4 days after and David is going home tomorrow morning in great shape! Can't thank you enough Dr. Bashir

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2008

He is a brilliant & compassionate person. It was a privelege for my father to be in his care. I would recommend this dynamic Dr. to anyone with cardiac issues. Blessings to you Dr. Bashir.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

Dr. Bashir performed a triple by-pass on me in October of 2005 and now, almost two years later I continue to feel well and live a normal life. The night before the surgery he was with me (circumstances made the prep a hasty one although not a full blown emergency)explaining what he'd be doing. I recall a fascinating chat about the statistics of misadventure in this procedure, about which I was more curious than whether it would be beating heart or on the pump procedure. Sometime on the third day he spotted me walking about in the corridor, recognised me and we had an impromptu visit and check up right there. On a later follow-up visit he skillfully took me through a conversation that explored what drugs I was on, and should be on, my post-operative exercise and dietary regimens. Not to be flip, but I'd surely want him to fondle my heart again if that became necessary.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2007

Dr. Jamil Bashir, operated on my husband in July of 2006. He was excellent in explained in great detail the procedures that would be used to save his life. It was also a procedure that had not been done before, and we were also explained the risk. Dr. Bashir visited my husband before the surgery many times and was always very friendly, and had the best bedside manner. When he left the room we felt confident and calm. He reassured us in a very stressful time. My husband is doing well, and we have Dr. Bashir and St. Paul's hospital to thank for their wonderful service to us. I couldn't and woundn't want any other doctor to preform heart surgery on my husband or any of my family. He is the very best in our opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

performed quadruple bypass on me on 20 oct 06.he was very (excellent) good. i recovered in a short period of time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909330].votes_count ]]