Rate Dr. Mark J. Antoniuk

Dr. Mark J. Antoniuk's Ratings

I have been a patient since I was born. He was my doctor up till a year ago. I remember him being nice and companionate. But after reading all of his reviews.... I glad he isn't my family doctor anymore.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

Have been seeing Mark pretty much since he opened. I find it interesting to read the historic comments and have to agree that there was a period that his demeanor slumped. There was also a period during which the receptionist was impossible. She's been replaced & the phones get answered now. My observation is that he's human. Prone to the frustrations of the health care system and may have been having some personal issues for a period. I did notice the down wave that others allude to. However, his dealings with me have been open and thorough. I've been through a lot of life. He is aware of it, compassionate to it and supportive. I have no hesitancy to book my annual with him or book as needed check ups.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2530125].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2499387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Dr. Mark has been our family doctor since 1994 except for 4 years when we lived out of province. He has been with us and our family through the births of our grandchildren, the loses we have suffered when my husband's parents and my Dad passed away, a couple of years major illness for me - in short whatever comes up in our life. We really like him both professionally and personally. Our grandchildren are teenagers now and, if they are visiting us when we have appointments with Dr. Mark they always visit him. He is easy to talk with and excellent at answering questions and explaining so that we can understand. He is quick to say that he doesn't know and to refer us to others if there is a need. We have never had trouble getting an appointment and have seldom waited more than 5 minutes past our appointment times.His office staff are very sweet young ladies and we really like them. We hope he doesn't decide to retire for a very long time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1909652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Antoniuk for at least 17 years and have continued with him despite moving to the other side of Edmonton. However, I have had to rely on medicentres on numerous occasions simply because no-one answers the phone at his clinic. It will ring for 10+ minutes and then auto-disconnect, or you'll be put on hold for 20 minutes. I've sent my mother there to book appointments for me and he always has openings, it's just impossible to get through. The receptionists are either taking personal calls or cleaning the exam rooms when I visit. I get it, it's a busy clinic with lots of calls but this is getting out of hand - I haven't been there in over a year because I haven't been able to get through on the phone. I STRONGLY suggest he invests in an online booking service or dedicates a staff member to bookings only.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

After over 15 years under this physician's care, I too am among those who have left his practice to find suitable health care elsewhere. His unprofessional, condescending, careless attitude has cost me dearly. Seems he is more concerned with making the buck, than with helping his patients. After waiting over 2 years to see a pain specialist (upon his referral) and hearing nothing, the request was made to the new physician I see. I have now been referred to the clinic and have an appointment in 3 months. Clearly Dr. Antoniuk and his staff are not doing their jobs. I, like many others on this forum, would recommend you look for another physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909651].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2013

My entire family have been patients of Dr. Antoniuk for over 15 years, and he has taken a terrible turn for the worse in the last 4 or 5 years. His demeanor is horrendous, he is condescending, rude, and lacks even the most basic respect that his patients deserve. He has become entirely indifferent to his patients, and his new motto seems to be just get over it, it's not going to kill you. He does not give his patients the time of day, listen to their concerns, or offer any advice or comfort. His staff are not properly trained or professional, they are inefficient, and it is impossible to receive your lab results without making an appointment, at which point he simply tells you you are not going to die, and offers no advice or information. Last time i checked, health was not a binary of alive or dead, and medicine was about more than just yelling at patients and belittling their concerns. After all these years, we will be finding a new physician and advise all others to do the same.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2012

been patients of this doctor for 15 years+ and have also noticed a dramatic change in his professional demeanor in the past year. On a recent visit I was told to quit waisting his time and spoken to in a condescending manner. He was unfamiliar with my history and very impatient. My visit totaled 8 mins and I felt rushed and unheard.i was actually asking a question as he was walking out and he was abrupt in his answer. Yes he may be good for the quick fix of amoxicillin for a sore throat but that's what medi centers are for. Dr Antoniuk seems to have lost the compassion and caring that a family doc should have.I know other families that I have referred to hI'm and they have experienced the same abruptness and feeling of imposing on the docs time. If you are only booking 5 mins per patient you can not possibly address the issues at hand, if we are now considered just a check from AHC then I am out, i will see another doc who meets my needs. I hope he reads this and gets Some help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909650].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2012

Dr. Antoniuk consistently goes above and beyond to solve my family's health issues and concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909649].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2012

I have been going to him since I was a child. He used to be friendly and caring. Over the past? 5 years he has completely lost his relational skills. I personally was yelled at and given a diagnosis (MS)from him looking at a paper report (I am completely healthy). You can't ask questions, he is very accusatory and demeaning! I no longer live in Ed. but recommend finding someone that will listen to you and work with you not make his own conclusions and TELL you what you have and don't have. I'm sorry to hear that other people have experienced his moodiness. Another one of my family members just experienced a similar demeaning/accusatory/moodiness event which has prompted me to let everyone know. I am a healthcare provider; this isn't right conduct. Take your time and take control of your health (it's yours!)and find another Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1909654].votes_count ]]