Dr. Jemima J. Wasswa-Kintu

Rate Dr. Jemima J. Wasswa-Kintu

Dr. Jemima J. Wasswa-Kintu's Ratings

My husband and I have used Dr. W for 12 years. We now have two kids and she sees them too. I've never had any bad feelings from her. She is always welcoming, asks after my family, and answers my questions. If she doesn't know an answer she says so and doesn't hesitate to get me a referral to a specialist should I need one. Dr W is great with my kids and husband has no complaints either. I especially like that when I call to make an appointment she fits me in within a week, unlike my parents Dr for whom they wait weeks for an appt. Dr. W is great!

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

I am still upset at how Dr. Wasswa-Kintu treated myself and especially a young client I brought in to see her. I am a community mental health worker and have to wonder if the dcctor has major issues with dealing with clients who may have mental health issues. Not only was she rude but she spoke to my client like he was nothing. When he told her he last saw a doctor at a local walk-in clinic she told him that that was his doctor then. She continued on with a speech about the "people of BC" going on about not having family doctors when there are doctors they can see at walk-in clinics. I wonder if she and her family only go to walk-ins?!!! What horrible offensive behaviour. I will never ever recommend her to anyone. I wouldn't even take my pets to see her. Shame on her and her offensive attitude!!!!!

Submitted May 8, 2013 | flag

Went in to talk about my ongoing depression and get a referral for a therapist. She told me to "get over it" and to "stop being so negative." .........A year later I was living in Denver and finally got to see a therapist and was found to have severe depression. Was put on medication to go hand in hand with the therapy. Am coping much better now. Will never go back to see Dr. Wasswa-Kintu

Submitted April 22, 2013 | flag

Dr Wasswa Kintu has been my physician for 9 years. My husband and I find her to be a caring, thoughtful, careful, and an experienced doctor. I go to the Dr's a lot due to ongoing conditions. She is now the Dr for my children. Just this morning her office called (at the Dr's request) my house to ask how my daughter is feeling after a terrible ear infection last week. I think this level of attention is pretty rare. When I ask her a question she pauses to think about it and then discusses the options with me. Occasionally in the 9 years I've been going to her she has seemed a bit grumpy but we all have days like that at the office. 90% of the time she is thoughtful in her responses, discusses issues with me, and always asks after my husband and children's health. I will continue to use her as my family doctor for many years to come.

Submitted May 10, 2011 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. W for over 15 yrs and will continue to do so. She is knowledgeable, to the point, gives options, and has a professional approach. If you are looking for something other than these items, like a friend to chat with or someone to whine at, then use a walk in clinic and not this Doctor as she is interested in your health!

Submitted Jan. 13, 2011 | flag

This is less a comment about the doctor and more about her MOAs/staff: they were rude, I heard them talking amongst themselves about my condition and giggling, and it made me so uncomfortable I haven't been able to go back. Those girls need to learn to be professional.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2010 | flag

After a fall, I explained that I had a burning and stabbing pain in my thigh. Without examining the injury, she barked, "Sounds like tendonitis", and proceeded to write a prescription. When I told her I didn't want medication, she scolded," Don't come here WHINING if you don't want to do anything about it"! I explained, "I'm not whining, I just want to know what's wrong".(After all, I am entitled to a diagnosis!) She was insistent and abrupt and acted like (if I didn't come for medication) I was just wasting HER time!...On a different note...I know a former patient of hers (an Occupational Health Nurse) who informed me that this doctor refused to give her a pap smear unless she LOST WEIGHT! I find this unbelievably arrogant and unprofessional! To echo other posts...she does seem to have an aversion to touching her patients! _________________________________________________________________

Submitted Feb. 14, 2010 | flag

Went to my appt today, waited 20 mins then asked how much longer, recpt said there are 3 people in the rooms and 1 more to go in before me...so about another 30mins wait, I asked why I had to make an appt to see the doctor if it wasnt going to be at that time. she said they just got back from holidays and are busy, basically they needed to get as many people in to make up for lost money! I had to re-book because I had another appt to make! Very upset with the office, old recept. was WAY better! I will be looking for a new doctor...and will not recommed her!! She also mis-diagnosed my grandmother! who has now passes away! thanks for nothing!!!!!

Submitted March 26, 2009 | flag

Is uninterested. In my nearly eight years seeing her - she has touched me twice. More interested in writing a perscription then diagnosing the problem. She prefers to deal with symptoms not causes. Does not interact well. Is dismissive. Comes across as uncaring. Found a new doctor - more interested in the underlying issues than giving me pain meds and sleep aids (which I never wanted and have never taken).

Submitted Feb. 16, 2009 | flag