Rate Dr. Lawrence Welsh

Dr. Lawrence Welsh's Ratings

I found out early that I was pregnant. Because my numbers were low and a first scan did not show a viable pregnancy at 4 weeks he seemed me not pregnant. A second opinion and a second scan later I had a viable healthy beating baby inside. Had I taken his advice and started birth control that day, I very well could have had a miscarriage. Luckily a second opinion sent me in the right direction. I will not see him regarding pregnancy ever again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2456792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

the worst!!, detestable!!! Was not willing to hear what I was telling him. not a nice doctor!, im suprised he even has any patients!!! nor is he nice to kids, i dont recommend this man to anyone!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2456791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014

I started with Dr Welsh almost as soon as he opened in practice in Mission. Knowing I'm a difficult patient with unique needs it wasn't until I got to know him that I appreciated his style. At first his blunt/direct style was unfamiliar - but I realized that I actually appreciated him as one of the best Dr's I've had. (And I've been around the healthcare industry longer than most medical professionals) He never forgot my case or name, was caring, open to discussion, encouraged/directed my own education and "self care needs". He's an advocate of technology, carrying with him his "Dr Ap's" & mobile devices and embraced new office technology to ensure continuity of care within the FraserHealth. His practice is pretty busy - but still he opens his clinic to walk-in hours to ensure you have timely service. He's a foreign trained dr fr the UK, which brings a dif outlook. His office staff are awesome too! How often do you know your MOA's and Office Mgr's name? I will miss their support.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1910975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

Dr. Welsh is a great doctor. He is very knowledgeable and down to earth. I like his direct approach and he listens to my concerns. He understands the politics of Worksafe BC. Although his appointments are rarely on time, this is most likely due to the fact that he takes the time to both listen to and explain any patient concerns. I would highly recommend this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1910974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2011

Seen him in the Er one night..was all day without my medication...we we on a trip and my medication was coming with my husband a day later..he didnt beleive me called me a drug head and everything....i flipped at him..the next day when my medication came i rushed in the hospital and slapped it in there face..they didnt know what to think..he is so rude and disrespectful...if i ever go to the er and hes on i leaving!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1910976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2011

Dr. Welsh has been our Family physician for 5 years. He is pin point accurate on diagnosis and very fast to diagnose issues as well. He is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I have ever met in my time. He has a great sense of humor and great with kids. (Big kids too :) )Not just knowledgeable in the medical field, but also has a great apptitude for the policies and regulations along with the politics as it relates to WorksafeBC and ICBC.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1910973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2011

older builing, close to hospital, listened, appears up to date, computerised, funny

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1910972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

Very conservative, stuck in Victorian times, hesitant to refer to specialists; will not be contradicted or upstaged by other doctors. Assumes you are a moron; assumes you know nothing about your own body or health, no matter how educated you are on the subject in question or in general. Once he takes a position on something, he will not change it, no matter how wrong he is. I have heard a few people say he is rude and arrogant; I have not found him to be so. I think he just makes the mistake that a lot of very smart people make - he acts like he is smarter than everyone else. On a different note, he is always very late - often an hour or more. While this is incredibly annoying, he has occasionally spent more than the usual time with me - perhaps I needed it. When doctors are late, I think it is because they are tending to higher priority cases. I don't hold that against them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1910959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2010

Dr. Welsh is the most thorough GP I have had the pleasure of having for a doctor. His handy laptop is his best friend and he seems to find the answers within seconds. He remembers the family members and truly cares about our destiny. I wish he could have moved with us when we left Mission. He is very gentle and seems to have true feeling and time for his patients. I am glad he is in Canada.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1910971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

The first two times I saw Dr. Welsh, I was surprised he had any patients. He comes across, initially to me at least, as very arrogant and no time for patients. The third time I went to see him I was prepared to ask him what was biting his butt, but he walked in and was great ever since. We've moved back to Alberta and if we were to go back to BC, I would look him up. He takes some getting used to but, for me, he was worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1910970].votes_count ]]