Rate Dr. Gary Hayes

Dr. Gary Hayes's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 10, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Hayes for 26yrs. He has also tainted me for the rest of the medical community...he has set the bar so high that no other doctors can even come close, his standard of care far exceeds the rest! My entire family swears by him, from delivering my sisters 2 kids to my broken bones and surgery to just being there for someone to talk to. I've unfortunately moved out of town, so I see a doctor where I live now, I've been extremely unhappy with the care I've gotten. from losing forms to telling me "I just don't know what else to do for you"! Dr. Hayes will exhaust every avenue until we are both happy. Even the office staff is amazing, it's a real sense of family there. For me it's the little things, noticing a hair cut, or asking hows school or work are. When I call, I'm greeted like I just called home. you'll never feel like you're 'just another patient'. Because of all theses things, I will make the trip to still see him (4hrs there and 4hrs back). Amazing!!

Submitted Sept. 26, 2012 | flag

Never too busy to listen & Explain in simple terms.Has, what used to be called "A good bedside manner"

Submitted July 11, 2011 | flag

He was very professional, treated my problem, than, answered any questions I asked about the condition. I was actually taken into the waiting room ahead of my appointment time, amazing.

Submitted May 3, 2011 | flag

A wonderful family doctor for 25 years, with cheerful and helpful supporting staff. We have been SO lucky.

Submitted April 24, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Hayes for 15yrs. He is so knowledgeable and helpfull. He is always a joy to visit. The staff are by far the best I have ever encountered, always happy and cheerful. I feel lucky he has been my family physcian all these years.

Submitted March 8, 2011 | flag

I agree - Gary is one of the best around. Has other solutions to offer, rather than rush to prescribe medication. Always makes time to listen, and works hard to help the patient. Makes you feel that you have a strong support network to get you through your illness or injury. Great doctor and super human being!!!

Submitted Dec. 3, 2010 | flag

Dr Hayes hadbeen my Dr since I was 3 yrs old. He was attendedboth of my childrens births. As an avid athlete and just going thru many medical issues he has been a godsend and I am grateful to have him as my Dr. He is caring ang realistic, if he is not sure about something he will happily refer you to someone who can help. Dr Hayes is by far the best!

Submitted May 26, 2010 | flag

My experience w/ Dr. Hayes has all but ruined my life. He diagnosed me with cancer without actually confirming the test results. He looked me in the eye and said "I am 100% certain that you have cancer". When I challenged him and he told me to focus my energy on fixing the problem. That was in Jan/07. In June/07, I had a total thyroidectomy and since then my life has been horrible. After surgery the surgeon told me the growths were benign. It was totally irresponsible for Hayes to do what he did. I don't care about not having a thyroid, but I do care about having a terrible quality of life because of the problems that have been created by this unnecessary surgery. In the United States he would have been sued for malpractice. In Canada we say nothing. Ironically, after making his diagnosis he has NEVER ONCE followed up with me to see if I am even still alive. I switched to another Dr. in his office so it's not like he couldn't find me.

Submitted March 26, 2010 | flag

Doctor Hayes is wonderful with kids and really takes the extra time with them. I have twins that are two and he is always very patient and compassionate. I also like how he takes the time to ask questions about your personal life and not just the illness. He really is a great person. I don't think Docotr Hayes views his job as "work", and truly enjoys it. I also think the ladies at the front are wondeful and always have the time for me when I call.......which is a lot.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2010 | flag