You may also like

Rate Dr. Julia Reynolds

Dr. Julia Reynolds's Ratings

Love Dr. Reynolds. Whenever I manage to get in to see her, that is. It's horrible that she's still accepting patients as she doesn't seem to be able to handle the ones she already has. Either that or Melissa, her receptionist, isn't prioritizing her time properly, but it's impossible to get through by phone at any time (though when you're there the phone is not ringing off the hook - are calls blocked?) and you're lucky if emails are answered within a week. This is especially frustrating when there is an urgent concern. Often times going to a clinic is a waste of time when they don't already know one's history. Getting referrals out can take time too, and I guess it must take weeks before Dr. Reynolds has time to view non-urgent test results as I've often seen the result myself online the day after the test, yet a few weeks later was told, "Oh hey you're low on iron." The most frustrating part is that when you finally get into the office, Melissa is sweet as pie and has plenty of time to chat with patients. Dr. Reynolds, though, is lovely. She seems spread thin, but genuinely concerned and ready to fully focus on you and your issues. She's often away at medical conferences (seems like she can't resist a good autism conference!) which is difficult to begrudge, and is very open to the merits of Functional Medicine. The one thing I find disappointing is her hands-off approach. I understand not wanting to meddle too much, but I'd be fine with some handling if it makes diagnosis more clear.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2819544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I have been looking for a female family doctor accepting new patients since my current family doctor will soon be retiring. Dr. Reynolds seems to be a perfect fit but just concerned about her receptionist as it is a qualifying factor to me as well. .. especially when you need to see the doctor urgently. Or needed a referral immediately. I don't want to be be in a bad mood after dealing with her ( receptionist) knowing that she doesnt have a good rapport with the patients. This is putting me in a dilemma.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2783586].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr. Reynolds is a great doctor but can't say much about her receptionist. Can never get a hold of her on the phone and she never replies back to emails or would take forever to reply. I don't think she can handle the patient volume. I agree, the receptionist does make it difficult to get an appointment....

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2781006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Dr. Reynolds is great. She is willing to assist you as much as she can. Her "new" secretary (after Lori), is the one that makes things a bit difficult, as she is moody and sometimes openly criticize about the patients calling and talking to her, and how that drives her crazy, which is not very nice. Even for emergency appointments, I have had to wait up to a couple of months to see Dr. Reynolds, but once I go and see Dr. Reynolds, if necessary, she gets you another appointment within few days, so that makes you wonder the reason for the big delay in getting appointments with her secretary. Another issue is that her secretary often asks (not mentioning that is on behalf of Dr. Reynolds) to know about your symptoms and health problems, which I don't think is proper, as those are doctor-patient confidentiality issues. Sadly, no info, no appointment! The waiting times for an urgent visit are still weeks to months.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2759154].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr. Reynolds is an excellent doctor, however, has too many patients, is very late (always) and her receptionist is extremely disorganized - all downsides of a very popular and quality doctor, unfortunately.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2718675].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

i love dr. reynolds!!! one word, so very gentle and thats very important (: shes very kind and soft spoken and I will be going on the journey with her with baby number two very soon!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2579717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Though I moved away several years ago (6) she is still by far the BEST Doctor I have ever had. She is exceptionally supportive, she told me funny stories when I was upset and just really tried to help in any way she could. she is absolutely fantastic. You couldn't ask for a better doctor!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1912106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Very good Doctor. The only times thats she's never on time is when she have a delivery to go to. Imagine staying up all day then all night and still rushing over to your office after a delivery cus you have patients who needs to see you. Me I would take the day off and go home and get some sleep lol. Thats why you really have to appreciate some doctors. P.s. She delivered my baby just recently.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1912105].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011

Has been my GP for many years. very knowlegeable about all my concerns and recommends specialist when required.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1912104].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2010

She, is a very caring doctor. I am so glad I started seeing her. She treats you as a person not as a number. She realy keeps up with new methods. I don't mind waiting for her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1912103].votes_count ]]