Dr. Russell F. Warren

Grad. Year: 1966

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 30/05/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Russell F. Warren has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does he still perform surgery?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5670840
22/07/14 5 5 4 5 My son is a firefighter who tore his mencus and ACL .he decided on dr warren to do the surgery .dr warren asked him question about sons activity level so they could make a decision on how to repair the knee .dr warren decided since he is active with his job and activities that they would replace ACL with my son own ligament said it would be much more sturdy .all went well my son has returned his job as a fire fighter and back to practincing mixed martial arts with no trouble .so peronally I would recommend dr warren very high
RID: 5494708
26/05/14 5 5 5 5 After surgery two years ago I am still grateful to Dr. Warren and his staff that I can take part in all the activities I was unable to do prior to my surgery. Dr. Warren listened and answered any questions I had. I am thankful for his tremendous abilities as a surgeon and his confidence made me feel reassured.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4
RID: 2449571
17/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Warren is an amazing surgeon and fixed chronic shoulder instability for me. I had had surgeries that were not successful. All of my interactions were with Dr. Warren not residents. He was very thorough and professional in diagnosing and treating the problem. I found his bedside manner reassuring and considerate. I would recommend him to anyone who wants to return to an active life after a shoulder injury.
Insurance: CIGNA
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Russell" to "Russell F."
RID: 1673194
30/12/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Warren fixed what no other doc wanted to touch. He fixed an unfixable shoulder problem and 5 years later I'm better than ever. If you want someone to coddle you, go to a therapist...if you want to get fixed, go to Dr. Warren.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1412514
11/04/11 5 5 5 5 my daughter came to doctor warren with a knee injury that took her out of sports for a couple years, she had one surgery with another doctor that failed, she had a surgery with doctor warren, within 2 months she had no pain and she is on the road to recovery and soon will be allowed to play sports. I would like to thank everyone at hss and especially dr. warren for all they have done for my daughter and my family. Thank you  Respond
RID: 1412292
11/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Russell Warren gave baseball back to my son. Thank you doctor
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 1392243
20/03/11 5 5 5 5 great doctor, very helpful, very kind. I had ACL and MCL surgery on my right knee and it has never felt better.  Respond
RID: 1108534
17/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Warren is fantastic. He did a reverse shoulder replacement on my right shoulder in June of 09 and I am planning to start playing tennis again in two months (with Dr. W's blessing). The care was terrific and everyone was very kind and helpful. My result is fantastic. I have full mobility and strenght of my shoulder. Dr. W. gave me plenty of time to ask questions and to explain. I travelled from Houston to have this surgery done as I wanted someone with experience in this fairly new and rather uncommon surgery. Three stars and a huge thank you to Dr. Warren and his staff.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 910656
11/06/09 5 5 5 5 THIS FABULOUS DOCTOR GAVE MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER BACK HER LIFE AFTER ANOTHER SURGEON BOTCHED HER ACL SURGERY!HE DID A REVISIONAL SURGERY 2 YEARS AGO AND SHE IS NOW TRAINING FOR A MARATHON.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 753210
01/01/09 3 3 1 2 An ARROGANT,UNCOMMUNICATIVE,BOORISH doctor.  Respond
RID: 737890
05/12/08 5 5 5 5 Provided excellent care with a great deal of professionalism. Office staff was extremely efficient and pleasant.
Insurance: Oxford
RID: 582911
04/05/08 2 2 1 3 by far the most arrogant doctor that I have ever seen. Very impressed with himself. In spite of that, after my muscle transfers for irreparable rotator cuff repair, I still can't lift my wrist. He referred me to Dr. Weiland, a phenomenal hand surgeon. So the moral is that creepy guys can send you to really great doctors. A happy ending indeed.
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 574771
24/04/08 1 3 1 2 This doctor has a reputation among orthopedic patients as being one of the least liked doctors. He treats patients as they were a piece of machinery -- not human beings. I came to consult with him whether I should have ACL knee surgery, and instead I became a study subject for his post resident assistant. He didn't he hear me out at all as to why I made an appointment to see him. He put me through an unnecessary x-ray which is not healthy since I brought him an MRI film of my knee, and only ended up wasting my money and my time so I sued him in small claims court so he didn't profit from my visit due to his loss of time even though in his position of Chief Surgeon of HSS he has access to the hospital's malpactrice law firm. I guess nepotism goes a long way at the Hospital of Special Surgery because based on the way he treats patients he shouldn't even have a modest practice. Yet at HSS he has the title of Chief Surgeon which makes him the highest ranking doctor in the hospital.  Respond
RID: 53577
31/10/06 5 5 5 excellent surgeon. very knowledgeable polite rotator cuff repair in rehab now very little pain top notch in nyc excellent staff in roseanna and jackie and more hss staff in ambul. surgery were all great includind dr.quinn the anest. doctor.  Respond