Dr. Newton O. Duncan

Doctor (MD)

Location:
Houston, Texas Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Website: childrensenthouston.com External Link
Grad. Year: 1978

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Newton O. Duncan has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: DO HE SEE ADULTS?    Email me    Answer it

Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)-related: ears, nose, throat, hearing loss, tonsillitis, nasal surgery, endoscopy, laryngology, reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, thyroid surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, swallowing disorders, sleep apnea, vertigo
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5496970
27/05/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Duncan treated my daughter from age 3 until age 7. We had gone to other ENT specialists, who all threw up their hands, saying they could no longer help her. He was kind, compassionate and an excellent diagnostician and surgeon. I have recommended him to many other satisfied customers. Thank you so much! Brooke's mom.  Respond
RID: 5308062
25/03/14 2 1 1 1 We have waited for two hours, even we had an appointment. When I asked how far are we in the waiting, one of the stuff said everyone else is in front of us and we will be the last and it will take at least two ore hours, we spent fours hours just for nothing. I will not recommend doctor Duncan , unless you will spend your half day at his office waiting;(  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Newton" to "Newton O."
RID: 2824399
30/08/13 5 4 5 5 Dr. Duncan is great, great, great!!! You will not find a better pediatric ENT physician in Houston. He placed my son's ear tubes when he was 9 months old, and have functioned perfectly for several years. All the doctors in the Children's ENT of Houston practice are very capable. Additionally, the waiting room is very kid friendly with plenty of room to play or watch a movie.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2537865
22/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Duncan performed sinus surgery on my son. He has become lot better every since the surgery was performed on him. Dr. Duncan was very patient and and went straight for the root cause which was causing sinus issues. He also spends lot of time with the patient and answers all your questions. I would highly recommend this Doctor.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1521664
25/08/11 5 3 5 5 My firstborn had to have adenoids removed and tubes put in when he was 18 months and has been going for follow-up appointments until this July when his last tube came out. Dr. Duncan has teh best bedside manner I have ever seen. He speaks to the child first, because he/she is his patient, and makes them comfortable. He's very gentle and always makes sure he answers all questions. He may run late some times because of being called in to the hospital, but he is worth the wait. That is why we're going back to him with my son's 9 month old baby brother.
RID: 1499097
29/07/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Duncan is knowledgeable, thorough and has exceptional bedside manner. My son, Tony, is 20, and has had 5 ear surgeries. Dr. Duncan makes a bad si- tuation pleasant. I just wish I could find his email address to thank 'im!
RID: 1473407
26/06/11 5 4 5 5 My daughter had her tonsils/adnenoids removed. Dr. Duncan was recommended by a friend and that was the very best thing ever. He and his staff are the very best. He has the best bed side manners. It is difficult to get an appt., however, it is worth the wait. Dr. Duncan and his staff reassured my daughter's fears and the surgery went perfect. She has no more problems, thanks to Dr. Duncan.
RID: 1075973
12/01/10 4 3 5 5 Dr. Duncan has a very nice bedside manner which reduced my daughter's anxiety with other ENTs and is very thorough in his examination. Dr. Duncan treated my daughter very efficiently and effectively. It took a long time to get an appointment with Dr. Duncan, but he was worth the wait. I highly recommend Dr. Duncan.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 209473
17/03/07 5 5 5 My son has been seeing Dr. Duncan for almost 3 years now and I would not even consider another ENT. He is wonderful with my son and very knowledgable about sinus disease (which my son suffers from). I would highly recommend Dr. Duncan to anyone.  Respond
RID: 53442
31/10/06 5 5 5 We've been seeing Dr. Duncan for seven years now. Three out of my four children have needed his services. He has a fabulous bedside manner, is VERY knowledgebable, conservative, and will take as much time as needed to answer any and all questions. We've been through four surgeries and would never dream of taking our children to any other ENT.
Insurance: Unicare