Rate Dr. Laurie P. Givens

Dr. Laurie P. Givens's Ratings

Dr. Givens is excellent. She is friendly but more important, competent. I felt like I was getting very good care. I have recommended several friends to her. My wait times aren't all that long and when they have been, it's been due to an emergency, which I totally understand. I would want her taking her time to care for me in an emergency than rushing off so she wouldn't be late somewhere else.

Submitted May 31, 2014 | flag

I would not recommend this doctor. Repeatedly had to wait for over an hour in patient room before being seen by doctor, once they even forgot me! Doctor loves to talk about herself, guess seeing patients is her free therapy. However, I don't pay a doctor to treat me who wants to tell me her life story and who focuses on how wonderful/happy she is.

Submitted May 23, 2014 | flag

Staff are horrible. I had a call in appointment, due to pain. I get to the office 5 minutes early and the doors are LOCKED. I finally get in the building 15 minutes later. And it took a hour after that for me to see the doctor. Needless to say, im still in pain... And plus horrible office hours. If you in pain after 3 the office is closed. Also !!! I have also have had the office cancel my appointment at the last minute...

Submitted Oct. 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. Givens was highly recommended by my PCP... Unfortunately I have not been able to see her due to horrible staff... Had an appointment scheduled by my PCP that her staff called to cancel at 2pm the day prior telling me that the doctor did not even have hours that day... Hard to believe they did not know this sooner like when the appointment was scheduled, but i did reschedule... Unfortunately I had a family emergency and had to try to reschedule my appointment a second time and was on hold with the receptionist for 15 minutes while she checked availability... I did finally hang up... My husband called back 10 minutes later only to get a message that the office was closed... He called back again today and after going through two receptionist was told the earliest appointment was a month out... Needless to say I am getting another referral for a different OBGYN... Dr. Givens may be a great doctor, but unfortunately I will never know due to a horrible experience scheduling with staff...

Submitted April 16, 2013 | flag

Great experience. Doctor that really cares. Wonderful experience. She is now my primary doctor also.

Submitted April 26, 2012 | flag

Great personality and genuine concern for her patients. Dr Laurie is wonderful. I had a cyst rupture on my ovaies 2 years ago and Dr Laurie ended up saving my life in surgery. I would not go to any other OBGYN but her!!!!

Submitted Jan. 28, 2009 | flag