Rate Dr. Anthony R. Caputo

Dr. Anthony R. Caputo's Ratings

Dr. Caputo has demonstrated to be such a blessing to me and others I also know who have gone to seek his help. In 1997, I was 40 and was struggling, seeing double at nighttime, and not able to properly focus correctly with my own vision. By way of Dr. Caputo's complete diagnosis/analysis of the problem, I thoroughly learned about the condition of "Divergence Insufficiency," where my right eye would somehow turn inwards and cause the images at a distance to become "split" and "double up." Dr. Caputo first sent me to neuroopthamologist, Dr. Lawrence Frohman, to insure nothing was going on behind my eye muscle neurologically. He then went ahead and performed eye muscle surgery on my right eye, which till now placed a "99.9%" correction to my vision. I am 56 now and still feel blessed and more relaxed with Dr. Caputo and have highly recommended him. I feel happy and fortunate enough to have met him and benefitted from his great skills to help me have a fuller and clearer life!

Submitted March 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Caputo is awesome. My daughter owes everything to him. He helped her out when other doctors misdiagnosed her condition.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

Dr.Caputo is simply the BEST!!!! My son was born blind 22yrs ago. No doctors would even tell me what was wrong they all refered me to Dr. Caputo. Dr.Caputo saved my son's sight. Dr.Caputo is a saint, he is the most caring sincere doctor I know. Allthough he is very busy when you go to see him it is like you are the only patient there because he takes the time to explain everything to you and he never rushes you eventhough there is a full waiting room. People come from all over the world to see him because he is the BEST! I refered him to my neighbor who has been to the top doctors in NJ, NY and PA and they all said there was nothing they could do but not Dr.Caputo he was able to save her sight and she is so grateful. Dr.Caputo is more than a doctor to us he is like family and we love him very much.

Submitted July 7, 2011 | flag

I would not recomend this doctor...Before my sons surgery he would be at every doctor's visit. After the surgery i advised him i did not like the results on the follow up visit....since then it has been hard to get in contact with him....his staff always advises me that he will be there when i get there. Three visits and no Dr. Caputo. I finally got to see him today to ask him what can be done to help my son and he told me we have to wait a couple of years to see if this surgery to lift his eye lids work but i can come back in six months and see one of the other doctors in his office. I told him i only wanted to talk to him about it because he performed the surgery. He advised me he dosen't have to see my son and said if I dont like it I dont have to come back.....

Submitted Nov. 15, 2010 | flag

Would not use this doctor, he operated on me,which did not cure the problem and avoided seeing me for follow up I had to seek help from another surgeon . Caputo left me hanging big time

Submitted Oct. 1, 2010 | flag

Dr. Caputo operated on my eye when I was five. I'm not a mother yet but my parents always said it was one of the most traumatic things they ever went through. To this day - they still talk about Dr. Caputo and how he held their hands through it. I owe him my sight..

Submitted Dec. 2, 2009 | flag

This doctor has helped me since i was in 2nd grade. He is kind, gentle and he is a great doctor.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2009 | flag

Dr. Caputo was recommended to me as an adult with strabismus by every other doctor I came in contact with. I had had surgery when I was 2, and again when I was 21, and then finally with this man in the early part of this decade. Beyond lining up my eyes perfectly, he told me the truth and for me it was a first. He told me that quite possibly I would again need surgery (so far no) and talked over some of my painful childhood memories of not being able to engage in sports because I wasn't sure where the ball was - or having to wear glasses that at least today are cute. He helped me understand pieces of my childhood that left me in pain and he is as all of my other doctors said, the ONLY doctor to see for strabismus surgery. And he is a good a decent man who donates great blocks of time to working worldwide with poor children who need him. Just the best.

Submitted April 23, 2008 | flag

My strabismus was so bad from ages 15 - 18, I could not drive at night or see the teachers blackboard at school. I went to Dr. Caputo who operated on both my eyes at the same time and literally gave me a 100% vision correction. I woke up and could see out of both my eyes at the same time for the first time that I could remember. Other doctors promised 50 - 80% less wandering but Dr Caputo pretty much fixed everything in one fell swoop when he operated on me at age 19. I'm 35 now, my vision is fantastic, no glasses, and the surgery changed my life. This man is an expert in the field and I believe the best doctor to perform this type of surgery. If you have to get this surgery, travel to him and pay whatever it costs.

Submitted Feb. 5, 2008 | flag

I am 28 and Dr. Caputo operated on me in the early '80's. He is the most kind, gentle doctor I have ever met. I recently had some vision issues and returned to him for follow up after 17 years. He remembered me and had my chart. This man is amazing and I would recommend him to anyone. Absoutely wonderful!

Submitted Aug. 13, 2007 | flag