Rate Dr. David B. Samadi

Dr. David B. Samadi's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 23, 2014 | flag

Dr. Samadi has given me a second chance at life. On March 31st at age 55 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and my life immediately changed. To say the least just hearing the cancer word makes you believe your going to die. Especially after losing both parents to cancer. I was scared for myself and my family and felt completely overwhelmed with the recent diagnosis and how it should be addressed. Through some research I located Dr. David Samadi. My wife and I travelled to New York to meet with him and from that day forward we undoubtedly trusted him and his expertise and were certain he would save my life. Dr. Samadi performed surgery to remove my prostate. His personal attention and bedside manner was far beyond my expection. Not only was the surgery a success but now after receiving two pathology reports I am cancer free! Dr. Samadi and his physician assistant Arta Seferi were sent to me from heaven. They are amazing! I can never say enough thank you's. God bless them forever.

Submitted July 6, 2014 | flag

Dr. Samadi and his staff were tremendous. I cannot say enough about their attention, concern and PROFFESIONALISM. He is an absolute professional. There was never a feeling that he was rushing to get to his next patient. The doctor and his staff all took their time to listen to my complaints and concerns. They explained what was going on, what they wanted to do and what I could expect. Most important, he delivered what he said he would. The doctor’s assistant, Arda, was also amazing. She even made sure to give me her e-mail address so that I could contact her with any questions or concerns. She even called me on several occasions before and after my surgery just to see how I was doing. Dr. Samadi has a floor designated solely for his own patients at Lenox Hill. He is very proud of his floor and the treatment his patients receive. There were usually two (2) or three (3) nurses on duty. There was no waiting for them to respond when I “pushed the button”.

Submitted June 20, 2014 | flag

From the moment I entered Dr.Samadi's office until I left the office today (6/18/14 I was treated as if I were his only patient! His whole staff was professional and compassionate! They made me feel that no matter the outcome I would end up ok! I had a biopsy that was negative but my prostate was so large it blocked the urine flow. I had a cath inserted then removed then reinserted a couple of times and everyone at the hill Hill was amazing! I returned for a Turp, all went well and I stay overnite in a room with food and service like a seven star resort! Kudos to Samadi and all his crew both at his office n at the Hill! Steve Leff

Submitted June 18, 2014 | flag

I have been in healthcare for more than 20 years and it's always a very different experience to be "on the other side". Dr Samadi's staff are excellent and the Nursing staff at Lenox Hill are great. Very knowledgable, professional and caring. The best way to describe my experience was that of entering a "cocoon". From the time of checking into the hospital until discharge, things are streamlined for you and you are made to feel very comfortable and cared for. Post discharge care is also excellent, and the office staff is very good at instructing you on what to experience, and answering questions. If I had to do it all over again I would choose Dr Samadi and the staff at Lenox Hill. Thank You so much.

Submitted June 13, 2014 | flag

My husband had surgery in January 2014. The whole experience starting from getting the first appointment almost immediately through surgery and post-surgery stay at the unit dedicated to Dr. Samadi’s patient’s exclusively that feels like 5 star hotel was outstanding. Dr. Samadi who is one the best if not the best doctor in his field created an environment that makes you feel special and taken care of by not just a team of top notch professionals but warm and caring people. The surgery went very well. My husband is feeling great and his test results are normal.

Submitted June 12, 2014 | flag

I only have positive things to say about Dr. Samadi. I wrote a very long involved testimonial that can be read on his web site if you want to hear more. I would venture to say he is the best in the world at what he does!

Submitted Jan. 31, 2014 | flag

I was diagnosed one year ago with an extremely enlarged Prostate Gland. I spent almost a year under the care of another Urologist self catheterizing myself three times daily. He prescribed 2 drugs which were not successful. He discussed a few surgical options.A second opinion was in order. Dr. Samadi's resume stood out. I made an appointment with Dr. Samadi soon afterwards. He decided that a Button Turp procedure was the best possible surgical choice. I had the surgery on January 13, 2014. The surgery went very well, and I recuperated for one day in Dr. Samadi's private wing of Lenox Hill Hospital. The care that I received in the Hospital was exceptional. The nurses were fantastic. Dr. Samadi was confident as to the success of the surgery. It has been six days since the surgery and I am urinating on my own regularly without pain. The flow is very strong! Dr. Samadi was placed on this Planet for a reason: to save lives and increase the quality of life for his patients.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2014 | flag

The stay in the private room was amazing from being met at the door by the concierge to the warm welcome on the floor and into the room. The floor staff is knowledgeable, friendly, courteous, professional and very careful of our privacy during the entire stay. The floor is quiet and your staff always knocks to announce their presence before entering the room. I had the very best experience and treatment from your nursing staff. The wing dedicated to prostate treatment is an excellent idea - those operated on could talk freely about their experience. Your Madison Avenue office staff is also professional, courteous, attentive and just plain wonderful. I actually look forward to interacting with your staff - excellent attentive service. The are careful of my time and attend to detail professionally and sometimes with fun. Here it is five weeks since the surgery and what can I say about your ability, I firmly believe ALL that is printed about you.Thank you for saving my life.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2014 | flag

Exceptional impressive and remarkable are some of the words that come to mind when describing Dr Samadi. He is a gifted and skilled surgeon and his care and concern for his patients is outstanding. Words cannot describe how impressed we were with the level of care shown before during and after the surgery. Additionally we cannot say enough about his staff as they are kind caring and extremely knowledgeable. It is rare to meet a surgeon who always makes the time to put his patients first and carefully designs a plan specific for the type and aggressiveness of the cancer factoring age and health. I highly recommend Dr. Samadi. He saved my fathers life and should your research lead you to his door you or your family member will with one of the most competant and experienced robotic surgeons in the world.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2013 | flag