Dr. David B. Samadi

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 53 reviews. Dr. David B. Samadi has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: bladder cancer?    Email me    Answer it
Q: opinion on safeness of garcina cambia?    Email me    Answer it

Dr. David B. Samadi
Urologist-related: urinary tract, prostate, bladder, erectile dysfunction, kidney stone disease, male infertility, prostate cancer, urinary incontinence
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5609476
06/07/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Samadi has given me a second chance at life. On March 31st at age 55 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and my life immediately changed. To say the least just hearing the cancer word makes you believe your going to die. Especially after losing both parents to cancer. I was scared for myself and my family and felt completely overwhelmed with the recent diagnosis and how it should be addressed. Through some research I located Dr. David Samadi. My wife and I travelled to New York to meet with him and from that day forward we undoubtedly trusted him and his expertise and were certain he would save my life. Dr. Samadi performed surgery to remove my prostate. His personal attention and bedside manner was far beyond my expection. Not only was the surgery a success but now after receiving two pathology reports I am cancer free! Dr. Samadi and his physician assistant Arta Seferi were sent to me from heaven. They are amazing! I can never say enough thank you's. God bless them forever.
RID: 5571585
20/06/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Samadi and his staff were tremendous. I cannot say enough about their attention, concern and PROFFESIONALISM. He is an absolute professional. There was never a feeling that he was rushing to get to his next patient. The doctor and his staff all took their time to listen to my complaints and concerns. They explained what was going on, what they wanted to do and what I could expect. Most important, he delivered what he said he would. The doctor’s assistant, Arda, was also amazing. She even made sure to give me her e-mail address so that I could contact her with any questions or concerns. She even called me on several occasions before and after my surgery just to see how I was doing. Dr. Samadi has a floor designated solely for his own patients at Lenox Hill. He is very proud of his floor and the treatment his patients receive. There were usually two (2) or three (3) nurses on duty. There was no waiting for them to respond when I “pushed the button”.
RID: 5568828
18/06/14 5 5 5 4 From the moment I entered Dr.Samadi's office until I left the office today (6/18/14 I was treated as if I were his only patient! His whole staff was professional and compassionate! They made me feel that no matter the outcome I would end up ok! I had a biopsy that was negative but my prostate was so large it blocked the urine flow. I had a cath inserted then removed then reinserted a couple of times and everyone at the hill Hill was amazing! I returned for a Turp, all went well and I stay overnite in a room with food and service like a seven star resort! Kudos to Samadi and all his crew both at his office n at the Hill! Steve Leff
RID: 5559031
13/06/14 5 5 5 5 I have been in healthcare for more than 20 years and it's always a very different experience to be "on the other side". Dr Samadi's staff are excellent and the Nursing staff at Lenox Hill are great. Very knowledgable, professional and caring. The best way to describe my experience was that of entering a "cocoon". From the time of checking into the hospital until discharge, things are streamlined for you and you are made to feel very comfortable and cared for. Post discharge care is also excellent, and the office staff is very good at instructing you on what to experience, and answering questions. If I had to do it all over again I would choose Dr Samadi and the staff at Lenox Hill. Thank You so much.
Paid (or co-pay): $7000
RID: 5557379
12/06/14 5 5 5 5 My husband had surgery in January 2014. The whole experience starting from getting the first appointment almost immediately through surgery and post-surgery stay at the unit dedicated to Dr. Samadi’s patient’s exclusively that feels like 5 star hotel was outstanding. Dr. Samadi who is one the best if not the best doctor in his field created an environment that makes you feel special and taken care of by not just a team of top notch professionals but warm and caring people. The surgery went very well. My husband is feeling great and his test results are normal.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 4563045
31/01/14 5 5 5 5 I only have positive things to say about Dr. Samadi. I wrote a very long involved testimonial that can be read on his web site if you want to hear more. I would venture to say he is the best in the world at what he does!
RID: 3659930
19/01/14 5 5 5 5 I was diagnosed one year ago with an extremely enlarged Prostate Gland. I spent almost a year under the care of another Urologist self catheterizing myself three times daily. He prescribed 2 drugs which were not successful. He discussed a few surgical options.A second opinion was in order. Dr. Samadi's resume stood out. I made an appointment with Dr. Samadi soon afterwards. He decided that a Button Turp procedure was the best possible surgical choice. I had the surgery on January 13, 2014. The surgery went very well, and I recuperated for one day in Dr. Samadi's private wing of Lenox Hill Hospital. The care that I received in the Hospital was exceptional. The nurses were fantastic. Dr. Samadi was confident as to the success of the surgery. It has been six days since the surgery and I am urinating on my own regularly without pain. The flow is very strong! Dr. Samadi was placed on this Planet for a reason: to save lives and increase the quality of life for his patients.  Respond
RID: 3659276
18/01/14 5 5 5 5 The stay in the private room was amazing from being met at the door by the concierge to the warm welcome on the floor and into the room. The floor staff is knowledgeable, friendly, courteous, professional and very careful of our privacy during the entire stay. The floor is quiet and your staff always knocks to announce their presence before entering the room. I had the very best experience and treatment from your nursing staff. The wing dedicated to prostate treatment is an excellent idea - those operated on could talk freely about their experience. Your Madison Avenue office staff is also professional, courteous, attentive and just plain wonderful. I actually look forward to interacting with your staff - excellent attentive service. The are careful of my time and attend to detail professionally and sometimes with fun. Here it is five weeks since the surgery and what can I say about your ability, I firmly believe ALL that is printed about you.Thank you for saving my life.
RID: 3644001
29/12/13 5 5 5 5 Exceptional impressive and remarkable are some of the words that come to mind when describing Dr Samadi. He is a gifted and skilled surgeon and his care and concern for his patients is outstanding. Words cannot describe how impressed we were with the level of care shown before during and after the surgery. Additionally we cannot say enough about his staff as they are kind caring and extremely knowledgeable. It is rare to meet a surgeon who always makes the time to put his patients first and carefully designs a plan specific for the type and aggressiveness of the cancer factoring age and health. I highly recommend Dr. Samadi. He saved my fathers life and should your research lead you to his door you or your family member will with one of the most competant and experienced robotic surgeons in the world.  Respond

25/12/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 3631638
13/12/13 1 1 1 1 My only experience with Dr Samadi’s practice was not positive. I was glad to be able to get an appointment very quickly for him to see my father who was diagnosed with prostate cancer. My brother and I took the day off to take our father to Manhattan to see him. As we arrived we saw the Dr. walking out thinking he would be right back (I recognized him from his online profiles). At check-in we were informed that he had left and would return in a few hours, but we could see a nurse. Really? I made an appointment with a Dr and I’m asked to see a nurse? I understand doctors are busy, but his practice's treatment of my family reflected complete disregard for the anxiety and stress that we’re already going through in facing this disease. Instead of leaving feeling relieved for being in good hands, as most people have indicated on these websites, we left even more stressed at the lack of respect we were shown. After this experience, we didn’t feel Dr Samadi was the doctor for us.  Respond
RID: 3617754
24/11/13 5 5 5 5 Throughout my entire life (67 years), I had never been hospitalized until last August. Fortunately, by the grace of G-d, I found a brilliant urologist: Dr. David Samadi! To him and the nurses at Lenox Hill Hospital, I want to say thank you for my prostatectomy. I am healing only because of your competent and caring hands. My gratitude to you and your staff. -J. Francois
Insurance: Medicare
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "David" to "David B."
RID: 2904447
10/10/13 5 5 5 5 I remember my first visit where he patiently explained his SMART procedure and how the nerves around the prostate aren’t touched and would lead to the best opportunity to have full bladder control and ability to have erections. He talked about how he controls the surgery from beginning to the end and doesn’t hand off to anyone. He talked about the surgical team and how he always uses the same people. Everything he said would happen did. He recently moved to Lenox Hill Hospital and I had my first appointment in his new office. The same great office staff is with him and I learned his surgical team followed him to Lenox Hill. He’s responsive (sent him a question one Sat. morning and got an email back in <1 hour), patient and thorough. While I’m happy to get the calls from his team after my follow-up visits saying my PSA is 0.0, I’m grateful to him for the quality of life he’s given back to me. I would HIGHLY encourage anyone with a prostate cancer diagnosis to meet him.
RID: 2821619
29/08/13 5 5 5 5 I found Dr.Samadi after being diagnosed in April 2013 online after a less then positive meeting with a local surgeon,after reading as much as i could about robotic surgery I sent Dr. Samadi an e-mail at around 4am on a saturday hoping I would hear back sometime the following week,at 4:45 am the same saturday I recieved an e-mail from him I was blown away!I met him two weeks after on a saturday and immediately felt at ease,he is such a positive and confidant man you cant help but feel you are in great hands.Every person that had anything to do with my care at his office and at Lenox Hill hosp.treated my family and I like royalty,there are too many people to thank personally for the treatment we recieved in this forum,it felt like you were at a spa and not a hospital.My surgery went fantastic everything Dr. Samadi strives for came true,perfect trifecta!!six weeks psa undetechtable,17 days continent,three days normal erections.He is a super genius miracle worker,he saved my life thankyou
RID: 2804778
22/08/13 5 5 5 5 I think from experience Dr.Samadi is one of the best robotics surgeon in the world. My Gleason score was 7(4+3) and a very aggressive prostate cancer. He was very companionate ,caring, and most of all very professional ( including his staff ) every thing he erasure me would happened did come true.-painless surgery- quick recovery - psa is undetectable - two month after pads free- -sex is improving every month-I highly recommend this brilliant Doctor .the gave me a second chance on my quality of life. God Bless him and his work.THANK YOU Dr. Samadi.....Eric Gerdes
RID: 2602781
29/03/13 5 5 5 5 Outstanding. Dr. Samadi is wonderful & and a skillfull surgeon. His medical staff is of the highest caliber. Office staff good too. Two weeks since my prostate operation and almost full recovered, in all areas. Been a rollercoaster of emotions since my prostate cancer diagnosis 2 month ago. My wife and I cried and now we are laughing. Dr. Samadi treated me with dignity, gave us ample time to talk about the disease and the operation. He made us comfortable and told us that he was going to help me and he did. Luckily, I'm cancer free now and just waiting to get back to golf. Really. Just amazing.
RID: 2561420
16/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr.David Samadi is a knowledgeable, skillful and compassionate individual who always strive to offer the best quality of care to his patients.His personal and specific skill in robotic surgery is beyond reproach.He pays attention to the physiological and psychological needs of his patients and their families.It is heartening to have a physician who inject hope and positive thinking in to his patients' mind.
RID: 2560358
15/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. David B. Samadi is the best doctor of minimally invasive surgery in the world. His knowledge of Urology surpasses any doctor of Urology I have spoken to or read about. He simply saved my life and taught me what it really means to have a good guality of life. He is caring, informative, patient, his follow up systems are excellent and he always takes his time to make sure you understand everything that has to do with any percedure he is recommending. Lastly Dr. David B. Samadi is always positive and looking for the best course of action for it patience. Mansoor Najee-ullah. If anyone needs more personal information contact me via email at [email protected]
RID: 2558598
13/02/13 5 5 5 5 Two weeks RRP post op,age 73, no retention, minimal leakage, slight erection. Dr SAMADI is the best surgeon performing this procedure and is in a class by himself. Great result, very pleased.
RID: 2555854
10/02/13 3 2 1 2 It is very difficult for me to reconcile the Dr. Samadi I knew with the comments made by most of the reviewers here, since my experience was vastly different. He may be skilled at robotic prostate cancer surgery. However I saw him for advanced BPH and he performed a TURP. Except for my initial office visit, he would not take time to address my questions or concerns, exited the examining room as quickly as he could, and referred me instead to his nurses, who were pleasant but not very knowledgeable. He claimed the surgery was successful but my symptoms remained. So I returned several months later for a second operation, supposedly to remove stones and gravel. Instead it turned into a second TURP, as there was still extensive prostate tissue that needed to be removed. Dr. Samadi was only present intermittently in the operating room, with his resident performing most of the operations. His attitude to me was consistently cavalier, arrogant and dismissive. Overall a terrible experience.
See Responses
RID: 2550533
04/02/13 5 5 5 5 I “believe” in Dr. Samadi and his entire team. Dr. Samadi performed my surgery, as a result of prostate cancer, I had a robotic prostatectomy two years ago and I am better now than I was before my surgery. No incontinence or impotence and my PSA level is non-detectable. Dr. Samadi and his team have been there for me and my family during my entire journey and continue to be there if I need support. Prostate cancer can be successfully treated when you have the right team. In my case I picked the right team for my needs, I highly recommend Dr. Samadi and his team.
RID: 2475096
15/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Samadi is one of the best robotic surgeons to remove prostates in the world. He is there for you 24/7 by email. 5 and 1/2 years after my prostate was removed , I fill fine and my psa is great. His staff is fully knowledgable about the subject and they are very helpful. In that time I have seen my daughter Jackie get married, I walked down the aisle, and we now have a grandson Mr Jake. I am now a Prof at Bergen Community College teaching math and chemistry and I can help many students. Thank you Dr Samadi for everything. Best Bill Shapiro PE
RID: 2439732
05/10/12 5 4 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Samadi in October 2011 being diagnosed with initial stage of prostatecancer with a gleason score of 7. Dr Samadi assured me that the tri-fecta could be achieved, remove the cancer, spare the nerves to avoid ED and to regain continence. I was able to resume relations in 2 months and 10 months later I am 99% continent. Dr Samadi and his staff were awesome and made me and my family feel very much at ease. Even with the removal of the catheter, it was a piece of cake thanks to Ann as I was petrified for weeks until she told me it was going to be a non factor. She was right. Dr Samadi has to be the #1 surgeon in the field because of his vast experience and the results speak for themselves. Thank you Dr Samadi for taking such good care of me.
Paid (or co-pay): $2500
Respond

03/05/12 SYSTEM: combined ratings from Surgeon listing (DID: 3472535)
RID: 1839218
03/04/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Samadi is God's gift to man. He was so reassuring and his staff are the best behaved medical staff of any Doctors' in New york City. Dr. Samadi is not arrogant and talks to you at the level that you are. He explained the procedure to me and my wife and after the surgery, he went out and talked to my wife before I even awoke. The next morning, he was in my room to see how I was doing and to reassure me that he got everything out.I am so grateful to God for sending Dr. Samadi my way. Less than 1 month after my surgery, I regained full erection, something that was of concern to me going into the surgery. Dr. Samadi and his staff have continued to monitor me and my progress and he makes me feel as though I am VIP. There is no doubt in my mind that Dr. Samadi is the best at this Radical Prostatectomy Procedure. I have a beer belly and he was able to do what he did for me, without loss of sexual appetite. Even my scars are hardly visible. Thank you Dr. David Samadi and God Bless You.
Paid (or co-pay): $300
RID: 1718039
20/02/12 5 5 5 5 As a medical doctor, I researched my options, and went to NYC for my surgery. The office ran smoothly, and the staff was caring...especially for this difficult time. I had an excellent experience, and I thank Dr Samadi with my life. I am less than three weeks out and have no complications at all! I will be reccomending Dr. Samadi to all my colleagues.
RID: 1706855
07/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Samadi is the best doctor we ever went to!! My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer 1 year ago today. Dr. Samadi operated in Mount Sinai Hospital (excellent hospital) and explained everything to expect. He was 100% right on all of it. After 1 year my husband is back to normal and we owe that to Dr. Samadi and his staff. His staff was so helpful and caring. I never went to a doctor's office and felt so comfortable and cared for with my husband in all my life. Thank you Dr. Samadi and staff. We will never forget you all!!!
RID: 1680366
08/01/12 5 5 5 5 I'm a 50 year old male who received a robotic prostatectomy at the skilled hands of Dr Samadi. He and his staff were excellent, very informative and caring. But the results of my surgery were outstanding. Within 6 weeks of surgery, I was almost fully continent and beginning to experience erections again. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Samadi and his team, and especially, his minimally invasive "SMART" technique, to anyone with early stage prostate cancer. I feel that I owe my left to his expertise and early intervention.
Paid (or co-pay): $1400
RID: 1654488
06/12/11 5 5 5 5 When I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, I was shocked, confused, and extremely nervous. After meeting Dr. Samadi, I just knew I made the right choice and although I was still nervous about such a life threatening situation, his confidence, knowledge, and unquestionable expertise kept my nervousness in check. His staff was also confident and professional in all the phases of the experience. It has now been over a year and I am cancer-free to-date. I literally owe him my life and am so grateful that I found him. With such expertise and experience, your nerves never had you doubting your decisions. I only experience anxiety related to the post-operative followup blood tests. I have fully returned to playing competitive tennis against young and old for the past several months and now leave the nervousness on the tennis courts. Believe me, make the right choice and give yourself the best opportunity to resume your precious life.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1561982
15/10/11 5 5 5 5 Incredible surgeon and staff. Three weeks after my prostatectomy I am back to full life, working, eating all foods, have no pain, have been continent since the day my catheter was removed. That's almost unheard of. It has been a non-event. Thanks Dr. Samadi
Insurance: BC Med
RID: 1535791
12/09/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Samadi is the absolute best in his field. Like most men, I was shocked to learn that I had prostate cancer. After meeting Dr. Samadi and his wonderful staff I felt that I was in the hands of an expert and a team that would care for me from start to finish. The operation went extremely well. My recovery was fast and full. I was strong enough to return to work in 10 days. After four weeks I have no side effects. I highly recommend Dr. Samadi.
RID: 1528584
02/09/11 5 5 5 5 I was diagnosed June, 2011 with Prostate Cancer an am now post surgery 2 weeks. My initial fears started to subside when I had my consultation with Dr. Samadi. He explained his team approach, patient-oriented philosophy and his highly acclaimed reputation as a surgeon made him my choice without hesitation. I was not disappointed; he performed a successful surgery...but it doesn't stop there.The team he surrounds himself with both in his office and the hospital environment make a patient feel comfortable and promotes healing to the utmost...he expects it from his staff for every patient. I highly, highly recommend Dr. Samadi. He is most exceptional and should your research lead you to his doorstep, you will be in the most competent hands in the profession.
RID: 1515643
18/08/11 5 5 5 5 dr samadia is a class act. i had 95 percent prostate cancer. he took my case without any reluctance. his staff is professional and caring. he refused to allow negative thoughts on mybehalf. two months later my cancer was reduced. i thank god for sending me to this man. i am a black man age 60. black men he is the real deal too many men of color are dying unnecessiarialy. please get your prostate checked. due to this man my life will be extended. love and respect john daley
RID: 1447057
22/05/11 4 4 5 5 Dr. David Samadi is a brilliant and caring physician. I have been under his excellent care for over seven years including a TURP operation.
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1418045
16/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Samadi and his staff are a great team of caring, talented professionals. I never wait a long time in the waiting room yet I never feel rushed when when I see him. He and his staff are cheerful and compassionate.
RID: 1379151
04/03/11 5 5 5 5 There is little doubt at this point, Samadi is a special man who genuinely cares about families and also one of the premiere robotic surgeons on the planet. I read as much, was told as much, and now afte rmy surgery with him can confirm it. When I went to visit Samadi I was in a very bad state. Samadi told my wife and I that "everything would be ok" I am 7 weeks out of surgery now, back at work, back in the gym, wearing no pads at all, having sexual intercourse ( with my wife!) and happy about my future again. Thank you Dr. Samadi - David Grossman
RID: 1302042
27/11/10 5 4 5 5 I liked Dr. Samadi from the start, and his compassion and intelligence, combined with his track record made him my first choice for prostate surgery in Dec. 2007 following a three-month search in the NY area. He reassured me that everything would probably be fine, given the early detection of my cancer. And it was. 70 minutes in the OR, a tolerable amount of discomfort in the recovery process, and no side effects other than very minor leakage once or twice a year. I was lucky. My sexual and urinary functions returned almost immediately. Same outcome for a close friend who saw him a year later. If you have prostate cancer and you would like to ask any questions about my experience, feel free to email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to talk with you. PS I took the precaution of freezing my sperm before the operation, and three years after the operation we had a beautiful baby girl. More details on all of this if you're interested. Blessings and good health to everyone.  Respond
RID: 1298195
20/11/10 5 5 5 5 I consider myself fortunate to have discovered this extremely talented and experienced surgeon; a pioneer in the field of robotic surgery. Dr. Samadi is confident, courteous and caring. With experience in open, laproscopic and robotic techniques, he has developed a unique and advanced approach to radical prostatectomy. My surgery, performed at Mt Sinai, was quite successful. Abdominal pain due to gas subsided after a day or two. There was some discomfort for a week while wearing the foley catheter but no ensuing complications. I was back to work after two weeks. I am urinating normally and no blood in my urine, with only occassional stress incontinence. Incisions have healed nicely. As I prepare for my six week followup visit, I believe I have given myself the highest possible chance for long term survival from prostate cancer. Thank God for Dr. Samadi and his talented team.
RID: 1290814
10/11/10 5 5 5 5 After being diagnosed with prostate cancer, my urologist referred me to DR. Samadi. It was important for me to have a perfect outcome on the surgery but also to start trading as soon as possible. Dr. Samadi told me I would be able to use my computer 3 hours after being brought to my room. I was walking and trading in less than 2 hours after they brought me to the room. The recovery has been unbelievably quick. I can't recommend Dr. Samadi highly enough.
RID: 1284818
02/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Samadi is my savior. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in March 2010. I was seeing a urologist who suggested that I get the radical surgery. I was scheduled for the surgery for July 2010 but need my doctor's clearance. Once she seen the decision I made, she inquired on what methods were offered to me. When I explained to her what the urologist said, she refused to clear me and referred me to Dr. Samadi. I put my trust in Dr. Samadi and not only did the surgery on September 20th go successfully, I found out that my PSA level was undetected. Praises to God and Dr. Samadi for sparing my life to see my children grow and be with my wonderful wife for years to come.
RID: 1273145
16/10/10 5 5 5 5 My name is Joe Garcia, and I was diagnosed with prostate cancer at 38 years old. After doing extensive research on my treatment options, and researching several doctors, I decided to have the robotic prostectomy, and I put my life in the hands of Dr David Samadi. It was the best decision I ever made! Dr Samadi is the best in the world at what he does. As much as I wanted the cancer out of me, I also wanted to maintain my quality of life. I wanted to retain sexual function and continence. Thats asking alot when it come to prostate surgery, but thats what i wanted, and I felt Dr Samadi gave me the best chance for that. Boy did he do that! At the time I am writing this, it is one year since my surgery. I am cancer free, 4 PSA tests of 0, and I am soooooo thankful to say that I never lost sexual function. No issues with incontince either. I have Dr Samadi to thank for that.It almost seems to good to be true, but I am living proof. Dr Samadi is the best there is.
RID: 1253822
19/09/10 5 5 5 5 My name is Mr Paul Rappaport DrSamadi is the greatest doctor in his field of medicine his way of taking care of patients is outstanding. TO PUT IN A FEW WORDS DR SAMADI SAVED MY LIFE GOD BLESS HIM THANK GOD THERE IS A FINE DOCTOR LIKE MY DOCTOR HEs MY HERO MY GOD GRANT HIM A LONG LONG HEALTHY LIFE>P.S. NO WORDS CAN REALLY EXPLAIN MY GREAT RESPECT FOR A A REAL PERSON DOCTOR THAT IS DR SAMADI IN A REAL WORLD HE IS JUST TO GOOD TOO BE TRUE GOD BLESS HIM IF ANTONE WOULD LIKE TO WRITE TO ME MY E MAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected] todays date is 9-19-10
RID: 1224457
08/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. David Samadi's professionalism, compassion, and surgical skills are world class. His expertise and vast experience in all prostate cancer techniques are unparalled. Mount Sinai should be proud to have him and his outstanding staff on board.
RID: 1175693
24/05/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Samadi is a God sent. On January 26, 2010 my 61 year old husband was disgnosed with Stage 3 prostate cancer- PSA 7.9 Gleason 6. We consulted with 2 surgeons and 2 radiation oncologists. One said he needed hormone therapy for 9 months(chemical castration- his words) plus seed implants and radiation. We were scared and confused, then we found Dr. Samadi and hope. He explained the robotic process and how he would try to save the nerve bundle. He introduced us to another couple at a 6 week post-op appointment and we spoke privately. On April 5th, Dr. Samadi removed my husband's prostate at Mt. Sinai. The hospital was excellent; I was able to be with him from recovery through his release the next morning. One week later Helen, his expert nurse, removed the catheter. The next day he was dry (no pads). At three weeks he was riding the lawn mower (his idea of taking it easy). At his 6 week post-op check-up his PSA was 0.01 and we resumed making love. We can't thank Dr. Samadi enough.
RID: 1143407
06/04/10 5 5 5 5 I was back to work part time for a meeting one week after my surgery and I feel great.My cancer has been removed. My continence is good already and my erectile function is great without the use of any pills.Dr.Samadi has the skills as a surgeon,the leadership qualities to run a successful program, the engineering skills to set up a process that is perfect from start to finish,the experience level as the master of your profession,an eye for talent.He really cares about his patients,his team and the others he interfaces with.Having him personally come get me and bring me to the O.R. is un-heard of.His light hearted calming professional attitude in the O.R. had me incredibly relaxed.I knew I was in good hands and a “home run” would be achieved.Having his team call my family in the middle of the surgery and then visit them and me no less than 5 times in a 24 hour period blew me away.I just do not know how he does it.He is the best in the world at what he dose. Michael O’Rourke 603 440 3681
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1007073
11/10/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Samadi is at Mount Sinai in NYC and he is incredible! When I was first diagnosed with prostate cancer in Charlotte, NC, (4/07) I was totally clueless. My wife found a Q&A by Dr. Samadi on the web. I emailed him, in despair, at 1:00pm on a Tue afternoon; he called me personally at 9:00pm the same day! He reviewed my pathology reports, family history, and gave me incredible advice on how to select a qualified surgeon in Charlotte. He never charged me a dime, and three years later he is always available to help me with my questions and fears. I do not know how he does it. He is a gifted surgeon full of compassion! This man is so full of true concern of his patients! If any of you need a super-educated, genuinely compassionate Urologist with the skills, heart, and determination to ensure you get the best treatment possible, contact Dr. Samadi at Mount Sinai! He is a true giant among mortals!
RID: 1003403
06/10/09 5 5 5 5 Operated on my father with the Di Vinci method. He was BEYOND WONDERFUL. Took his time to talk to my father and what just bowled me over was he took time to talk to my mother and everyone else. Thank you for saving my Dad's Life
RID: 959731
11/08/09 5 5 5 5 After careful research I choose Dr. Samadi for my Radical Robotic Protatectomy. From my 1st meeting with him and right through the surgery and post op follow up, I have never once questioned my decision. His skill has removed my cancer, his caring and his teams true patient dedication made the recovery process that much easier.If you are faced with a prostate cancer diagnosis, choosing Dr. Samadi is a decision you will not regret. As of this writing cancer free and looking to stay that way.
RID: 934201
11/07/09 5 5 5 5 Dr David Samadi is the greastest doctor He saved my life I am very thankful for his kind care of my prostate cancer I thank god a million times over for his medical no how may god and the world grant him a long long healthy life and happiness this doctor is a real jewel in what he does Im glad that this world has a great and fine Doctor like Dr david samadi P.S. my name is Mr Paul Rappaport. If you have any questions about this great Doctor and would like to know more about a great doctor you can call my cell phone number at 1516-3835703 may i thankgod for a angel with golden hands.
RID: 764455
14/01/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Samadi is an extremely skilled surgeon with the highest quality of service I have ever encountered. He is knowledgable and confident, while also warm and caring. He performed robotic surgery on my husband for an extremely advanced and difficult case of prostate cancer. All is well one year later, thanks to him. I would recommend him without hesitation to anyone who needs prostate surgery.  Respond
RID: 643035
19/07/08 5 5 5 5 This man is our angel, he saved my husband's life. My husband was slightly obese and no other surgeon wanted to do robotic surgery to remove his prostate cancer. We stayed one day at Mt. Sinai, the nurses and specially his team are one of a kind. We saw many robotic surgeons in New York, his bedside manner and the way he took care of my husband was the best of the best. Recommend him strongly to any patients with prostate cancer. He is very professional and my daughter thought he is very good looking too.  Respond

11/11/07 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 432338
22/10/07 5 5 5 5 had my robotic surgery and was able to go home the day after, his staff are superb, compassionate about his work
RID: 346790
16/06/07 4 2 4 Dr. Samadi is probably a good surgeon with pretty good people skills. However, I would give him a failing grade for follow up. He never examine me after the sugery even when I complained for four months that I had pain and blood in my urine. He said I exercised too much. (I had an infection.) After 16 monthes I was still incontinent. He offered no solutions other than to do the kegal exercises. When my family physician told me he thought Dr. Samadi was neglecting me, I went to see an incontinent specialist at Sloane. The doctor there gave me a complete physical and replied "no comment" when I ask him about some of Dr. Samadi's statements. The bottom line is that Dr. Samadi is probably a good surgeon (He is now head of robotics at Mt. Sinai.)but as you can see I'm not happy with his follow up care.  Respond
RID: 56083
13/11/06 5 5 5 Man is a genius. Hands of gold. Compassionate and accessible to me and my family anytime. All practicing physicians should learn some of his peaople skills as wells as his surgical skills. Brilliant surgeon and gentleman. Would recommend to anyone looking for a prostate cancer surgeon whether considering robotic, laporascopic or open surgery. He is tops in my book.
RID: 53081
28/10/06 5 5 5 I was diagnosed with Prostate cancer and thougth it was the end of my life. Once I entered Dr. Samadi's office, within five minutes I was in comfort. He told me there is a good chance for cure. He has performed over 700 robotic prostatectomy and has trained over 50 urologists in this field. I knew I was in good hands. I will recommend him to any patients with prostate cancer.
* - Rating left by a registered user