Dr. Alexander C. Gellman

Grad. Year: 1969

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Alexander C. Gellman has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Urologist-related: urinary tract, prostate, bladder, erectile dysfunction, kidney stone disease, male infertility, prostate cancer, urinary incontinence
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.0

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Alexander" to "Alexander C."
RID: 1802244
26/03/12 4 4 2 4 Unfortunately Dr. Gellman doesn't not inform you that the "procedures" he does in his office are separate procedures and are not covered under the insurance. So BE WARNED that you will get a bill from your insurance and the standard visit now costs several hundred dollars. And they assume no responsibility to inform you that they are doing a non-covered procedure..... VERY DECEPTIVE.
RID: 1533266
09/09/11 4 4 3 2 Don't see Dr. Gellman for Interstitial Cystitis, he knows nothing.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1187569
11/06/10 5 5 5 5 The best doctor in its field.Hands on experience from many years of practice,honest and sincere.If every doctor will be like Dr.Gellman there would be millions of happy,healthy people on earth.Becoming his patient was the best solution for all my problems - his diagnosis and subsequent treatment were absolutly correct.
RID: 1130223
17/03/10 5 5 5 5 Very good and knowledgable Doctor. The best urologist in the area. His staff is excellent. Highly recommended.
RID: 945326
23/07/09 5 5 5 5 Saved my life operated to removed cancer in right kidney only need to take 20% of kidney had me out of hospital in 3 days. No pain post op.
RID: 764701
15/01/09 4 3 4 5 Know Dr. Gellman for 30 years. He is OK. A little heavy on the tests though.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 747143
19/12/08 5 5 5 5 I am pleased with Dr. Gellman, he has been terrific with my hadicapped sister, who was admitted through the emergency room on medicaid to St. Clare's in Denville Thank you, you make me believe in human goodness again  Respond
RID: 729618
25/11/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gellman is a great Doctor.... when he retires he should open a practice to INSTRUCT other peers how to treat clients.... us! Knowledge & bedside manner is a 10+. The office is as good also. If he had a partner that would be better for more appts.
RID: 654732
02/08/08 5 5 5 5 A wonderful doctor -- does not rush you when you visit him. Always unruffled, great bedside manner, personable and caring. Explains treatment in detail. And a very nice man, to boot. Highly recommend him.
RID: 602826
31/05/08 5 5 5 5 very knowledgeable. Surgery went excellent. Follow-up was extremely helpful. Office staff is very friendly.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 394617
29/08/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Gellman was recommended to me after an emergency trip to St Claire's hospital where I was diagnosed with a kidney stone. Under the circumstances I was able to get in to see him promptly and his staff was very accomodating to my needs. Overall I found Dr. Gellman very knowlegable, personable and extremely patient in his explaination of my condition. He was able to provide me with very clear medical options to consider under the circumstances which put me at ease and ultimately treated my condition successfully. I continue to see him annually for regular check-ups. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing an excellent urologist. Overall an A+++ Doctor.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 394125
29/08/07 5 5 5 5 Very knowledgeable Doctor. Takes time to explain diagnosis & treatment options. Is a pro-active Doctor in treating his patients and has a caring attitude. Good Staff & office.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 68181
11/12/06 4 5 5 He performed a number of sucessful procedures on me and always made me feel comfortable.  Respond
RID: 53047
28/10/06 5 5 5 Great guy! He performed 2 hernia operations on me (right and left side) and I've done great. I a was able to resume all my normal activities, including heavy, competitive weightlifting with no problems. Everybody I talked to spoke very highly of his surgical skills, clinical knowledge, and freindly, compassionate disposition. He is all of this and more. Highly recommend.  Respond