Rate Dr. Paul M. Olive

Dr. Paul M. Olive's Ratings

Did not appear to be very knowledgeable. Very neutral. Not very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2456977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

I had 360 degree lumbar fusion with Dr. Olive in 2002 in Springfield, MO. Although he was a bit abrupt at times, sometimes late to appointments, and a bit brutal in his examination to find out just how much pain I was in, I did find him to be compassionate, knowledgeable, and a very skilled surgeon. My recovery, although long and painful, was a total success. Dr. Olive gave me a chance to lead a normal life again. Not everyone's experience will be the same, but I would and do recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Please please do not take your loved ones to this doctor. They may just not make it out alive. He does not know what he's doing and doesn't care about people. Thanks to him being to busy to come in and do an emergency surgury, I've lost my dad.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2011

Dr. Olive is very willing 2 perform sugery and "fix you all up" in fact, he'll tell you whatever you want to hear until afterwards when you aren't "fixed up" and still have severe pain. This dr has what is called GOD syndrome. If you are still in pain after the surgery, you won't get help at all. I'm 8 mnths after now and he has just told me that he feels the reason I'm in pain is drepression and wanted to prescribe something for that instead of facing the fact that I'm NOT "fixed 100%". I've asked to see a pain specialist and he refused...go figure! I have nerve damage from my injury that causes me great greif, yet he feels I'm depressed. Anyone who knows me would tell him that he's lost his ever loving mind with that statement! I was told prior to surgery "I'll have you riding horses again soon" yeah, well that's not happening, ever! Sad...very sad! I've dropped him like a hot potato and will be seeing Dr. Jay Baker as he is a top rated specialist in our area

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2011

Very arrogant doctor. Once he found out my injury was from a fall and involved in lawsuit, he basically couldn't wait to get out of the room and said there was nothing he could do for me. He would not even refer me to another doctor in this group for my leg injury. Would never refer to anyone. I wish I had read these reviews before I went.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Terrible experience. Very arrogant dr. After waiting over an hour, he rushed in and asked questions at such a rapid pace that he did not even wait for patient to finish answers. Offered no solutions at all and could not get us out of there fast enough. I am shocked we would even be expected to pay for such "service". Never use this office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2010

Rude and arrogant. After a year and thousands, he abruptly ended treatment for daughter's scoliosis, claiming non-compliance with recommendations. We did everything requested from the start, including daughter wearing back brace 23 hours every day. Prior to last 2 visits we called to confirm how he wanted x-rays (in or out-of-brace). He didn't respond either time. His office told us to do what we wanted. We decided to x-ray out of brace (after 2 previous in-brace) to track actual curve. This apparently wasn't his desire. He abruptly said, "If you want me to treat this you do it my way. If you want your way, see someone else." In fact, we had done all his way and asked for direction the last 2 times. He refuses contact and justified his behavior by putting in his final notes (after the fact)that I've been rude with staff from the start. That's blatantly false. I had no such interaction with anyone prior to the that. Since them I repeatedly expressed frustration to no avail.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

He was never on time for office visits but he is a surgeon and his staff always called me to let me know how far behind he was. However, the surgery went very well and he was always very kind and took his time to talk and make sure all my questions were answered

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2008

ARGONAUT DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE THIS DOCTOR

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2008

I had a 360 degree Spinal Fusion. He was very knowledgeable and did not rush me into surgery. He has excellent bedside manner and takes the time to answer all your questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916366].votes_count ]]