Dr. Timothy M. Swan

Rate Dr. Timothy M. Swan

Dr. Timothy M. Swan's Ratings

I have been going to Dr. Swan since before his office moved from Kenner to Metairie. I absolutely love him and all of his staff. Everyone is always so nice and greet you upon arrival. Dr. Swan is very knowledgeable and doesn't leave you in the dark on what he is going to do, etc. I overpaid for some fillings I had done (new insurance/some confusion on my end) and when I called, they immediately offered to cut me a check/keep the credit on my account.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2456984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Awful is all I can say. Not a pediatric dentist. Do not go here. There is a reason this dentist is on the worst dental plans out there. He and the staff are very unprofessional if you question something. The staff obviously portrays the dentists attitude. They can put on a great show until you need something like an appointment for someone in pain and they refuse to fit you in for a week! Stay Away!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

Dr. Swan has been my dentist since Sept. 2000...he did two root canals and a filling back in 2000...since then I make it a habit to have my teeth cleaned 4 times a year and in the past 9 years I have had NO cavities to be filled!...he will check my teeth after each cleaning, do x-rays when necessary, will sand down my molars when I seem to be scraping them on the inside of my mouth...he is very caring, patient, personable and most of all knowledgeable!...my husband has also started going with me 4 times a year for a cleaning!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916500].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2013

It is a shame that I was never able to see this dentist, seemed to have good reviews. I never made it past the inexperienced front desk clerk. The clerk was completely unknowledgeable about insurance matters. They expected me to pay full billed charges for my visit prior to seeing the dentist, even though I was in-network (not to mention, a clear violation of their provider contract with the insurance company).If you have insurance I would stay away from this place, they have no clue what they are doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr.Swan and his staff are great,I've been going to him for several years now and would recommend everyone to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916499].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

Although the office setup is a bit unconventional (open floor plan), I really thought it was neat - I liked it. First time I've seen him, and LOVED him. He is very patient, and doesn't rush you - thorough in his explainations. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916498].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2012

I highly recommend Dr. Swan and his staff. Nobody like going to the dentist, but there is a time when we all have to go and when that time comes I recommend Dr. Swan. I wasn't sure how to pick a dentist when I was trying to find one but I got lucky and picked Dr. Swan. He is great at what he does, very knowledgeable, nice,caring,goes out of his way to help you and make you feel comfortable. I give Dr. Swan and his staff 5 out of 5 and highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916497].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2011

I have been with Dr. Swan for several years now. He was willing to take me on as a new patient with an emergent issue and is one of the best dentists I have ever used. He is knowledgeable, understanding and he and his staff have a great bedside manner. It is always my pleasure to recomment him to friends and collegues.So very glad I was referred to him (by my insurance company) in the beginning. I plan to be a lifelong patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Needed a Root Canal done ASAP, was in huge amounts of pain. Dr. Swan took me in that day. Now I hate dentist (don't like the whole drilling thing), but I have one more visit and cleaning scheduled. This guy is good, period. There was no pain on a root canal, I'll say again on a root canal. This will be my dentist for the rest of my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916495].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

This is the first Doctor of any type that treated me as a person. He took the mystery out of what needed to be done and made me feel at ease. I was very nervous going to the dentist, but not anymore. Very honest and professional...and made me laugh too!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1916494].votes_count ]]