Dr. Barbara A. Phelps-Sandall

Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Barbara A. Phelps-Sandall has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Barbara" to "Barbara A."
RID: 1397167
25/03/11 3 3 5 5 I love her! She is nice and will talk to you and treat you with warm hands and very gentel. I know her for about 10 years now and never had any problem with her. For a while I didn't like the service in the office (front dest, nurse ..etc'..) but I feel that they improve a lot. Sometimes I had to wait long time in the waitting room but other times I would be the cause for other people to wait and when I needed to go through a surgery they were all great and treated me like I was the only patient there! (and that's where you want them to step up - not at the regular check ups).
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1324042
30/12/10 4 2 1 1 My first impression of Dr. Phelps was good. She appeared gentle and professional overall although sometimes she made me feel that my question was stupid. I’m fine with that as long as she can offer good quality work. However, the fact is just the contrary. In fact, it became my worst nightmare to choose Dr. Phelps as my OBGY. Dr. Phelps performed two D&C surgeries on me. The first one didn’t get everything out and the second one damaged my uterus. Her surgical ability is incompetent and her ethics is questionable. I wish I had switched doctor earlier. Dr. Phelps even didn’t explain to me why I had absent periods after the D&C. I think she probably wanted to avoid responsibility. I could have still been left in dark if I had not sought a 2nd opinion. I am now diagnosed to have Asherman's Syndrome and need to go through more surgery and hormone therapy. I just want to let others know about what I have experienced and be cautious when you select your OBGY.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1058579
16/12/09 2 1 1 2 I had to wait over an hour just to see her. The worst was that she put a false statement on my medical record. During the visit she showed us the baby's heartbeat. However, when my new doctor obtained my records from her, she notated that the infant's heartbeat was not detected!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 537784
13/03/08 5 3 5 5 So kind and helpful; she is very knowledgeable and has an excellent bedside manner.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 282134
16/04/07 4 5 5 I have been her patient for 2 years now. I think she is very helpful, soft spoken, and considerate. She gives a personal touch to every visit. She listens very patiently and answers every question you have. I am very much satisfied with her as my doctor.
Insurance: United Healthcare