Rate Dr. Lawrence A. May

Dr. Lawrence A. May's Ratings

Dr. May is an outstanding physician. Albeit busy, he treats his patient with a kindness and thoroughness not often found with very busy physicians! Also his team Randi and Karen are wonderful and most helpful. Both women work extremely hard and keep Dr. May on track with a busy practice. Randi is essential !!

Submitted Nov. 16, 2013 | flag

It is a bums rush. Staff acts like you are annoying them. I bet they are poorly paid. They would not last in good practice. A 3 minute visit would be a long one. LA magazine picked him as oneLAs top ten. That's why I chose him.. Big mistake!

Submitted Aug. 3, 2013 | flag

Extremely unprofessional office. Went for an evaluation, they ended up doing blood, EKG etc... they billed it incorrectly, a $500 bill for blood work when it was covered 100% by our insurance. We had to do all the leg work to try and get it corrected, while his lazy ass staff did jack. He has the audacity to blame us for his mis-billing and tells us to get another doctor. Basically he's what's wrong with American medicine. Pushes supplements like his office is an infomercial and could care less about real healthcare, just goes through the motions. Will tell everybody NOT to go to him. Now I can find a real doctor, who cares about people and doesn't hang up in a patients face. If you like being insulted, then I do recommend him.

Submitted June 12, 2012 | flag

First inpressions....A joke. Called to make first appt. as a new patient. Was immediately put on hold for over 5 minutes before qualifying my call. I stated I was referred by a long time patient and I would like to schedule a visit asap due to a possible infection. I was told rudely with attitude..."We don't have anything till next week"! My response..."I'll find another doctor". First impressions are everything!

Submitted June 9, 2011 | flag

first Randi and Karen are great people and treat me very good, I ask questions of Dr May and he gives me answers, you "must" ask. I have know Dr May for well over twenty years and he has kept me going, and like other posters have said, he wants you to lose weight and keep the weight off. Yes I like him and so does all my family who go there. AL

Submitted Oct. 6, 2010 | flag

Peddles his own brand of vitamins. Doesnt tell you they are his until you do a little research on Yahoo. You wait 45 minutes to see him he gives you 45 seconds, meanwhile he runs between 3 examinations like Mrs. Doubtfire. His partner, Ken Nyman is a comical opposite. Moves at 1 mph - and constantly forgets where he is, what he was doing and what your problem is. Experts at keeping patients in diagnosis limbo (Hmm.. your blood test looked a little funny.. lets see you back here next week,,, meanwhile take some of these supplements ) The waiting room is packed, with patients who they string along like this and who dont know any better. They represent a lot of whats wrong with medicine in america - they order test after test and never give you a reason or a diagnosis and pad the bill, and get you in a regular appointment loop.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2010 | flag

Dr May will do what ever it takes to make you well, but what you have to do is be ready with your questions. I have been with him for over twwenty years and he keeps me going.Ke get's upset that I don't lose wweight but that's life. He will do a good job but you have to tell him what's wrong and be ready with your questions. Randy and Karen are 10 for 10 when it comes to helping you. take care.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2009 | flag

I went to Dr. May for over 17 years and found him to be extremely knowledgeable. He really knows his stuff.If you can get over the fact that you will wait very long, that you will get maybe 5 minutes with him and he has an incredibly rude staff. They had terrible accounting practices so I never got an accurate bill. I would just wait until they figured it out then pay the balance. At one point when a new office manager came in, she said I owed 1100 dollars, but then admitted I was triple billed (who does that?). That took months and the bill was over a year and a half old. So when I said I didn't quite have the 300 that week to pay, they reported me to a credit bureau. The only bad mark on my record. Randy his nurse is great.

Submitted Oct. 21, 2009 | flag

Dr. May and his staff have been instrumental in helping me loae well over a hundred pounds in the last year and get my diabetes under much better control while reducing my daily medications in number from 9 to 2 and in dosage. I've never had to wait more than 15 minutes past a scheduled appointment and usually have no wait at all. The entire staff have been very supportive.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2009 | flag