Rate Dr. Fraser Rubens

Dr. Fraser Rubens's Ratings

In the fall of 2006 Dr. Rubens performed a double bypass on me. He put me at ease prior to the surgery and I had total faith in his ability. I have not had a problem since the operation due to his excellent skill.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

As a former patient of his (2010), I want to acknowledge his efforts. He responded to all my inquiries with understanding and provided alternative resources for me to learn from. He was reassuring to my spouse and family and demonstrated a confidence and competence that was invaluable at an emotional time. Of course, the best testament to his competence is my continued good health without complication! Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2013

In 1999, I was transferred by way of ambulance to Ottawa Heart Institute. Dr. Rubens locked himself in a room with all my charts (from 1980 to 1999) to review all my previous surgeries. When he did my valve replacement + aorta repair he did so keeping in mind that one day I would want kids. He told my mom after the surgery why he chose an animal tissue instead of Ball/Cage (which would have been the better choice), "She's only 23 and can't take away her chance to have a family". He thought about my future and so thankful he did. Today I have a beautiful baby girl. I later learned that he studied under my pediatric surgeon, who is highly respected in the field as well. Thank you so much, you gave me life and allowed me a fantastic future.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

Dr. Rubens is a very talented doctor - he saved my life when he performed surgery on me nine weeks ago.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917931].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2011

Dr. Rubens perfomred cardiac surgery on me on May 20th @ 7:25 am. What a gorgeous man in every way. I was blessed to be under his care. I will never forget him. When I was at the ottawa heart institute I felt like I was not just a patient but someone who was understood. Open heart surgery at 27 is difficult to accept. They were by my side 24/7. When Dr. Rubens visited my room he took the time to make me feel comfortable, answer all my questions and my families questions also. I could never thank him and his staff enough.Thank you -Tammy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

I would trust my life in the hands of Dr. Rubens more than any other surgeon. Although I can see how some may interpret his personality as abrupt or cold, he most certainly is neither of these things and is in fact an exceptionally kind and caring individual.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917929].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Dr. Rubens is a great surgeon cardiologist who shows empathy to his patient and family. He operated on my husband for 3 bypass in March 2009 and we are very grateful to him for his knowledge, his courtesy and is excellent service to us. Merci Dr. Rubens. YOU ARE THE BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917928].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2010

a gem of a person..the finest doctor I have ever met...I admire him for his genius and personality ...he saved my life...God has sent us an angel...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

Dr Rubens is one of the most capeable people I have ever been associated with. He saved my life twice. Once with bypasses and recently with valve replacement. His demeanor is approporate, straight forward amd excellently suited to his good work. I hope to not have to use his services again but if need be He would be the only one to operate on me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2009

This man was super to us, great bedside manner, very good with senior, high risk patients. Would recommend him to anyone who has to have heart surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917925].votes_count ]]