Rate Dr. Virginia Chiantella

Dr. Virginia Chiantella's Ratings

I wish there were more doctors like her! I had researched her background before visiting, and expected her to be full of herself as she is quite accomplished in her field. Much to my surprise and relief, she seems filled with common sense, is very down to earth, a fabulous communicator, very helpful, comforting... I just can't say enough positive things. And, I am a BIG critic of doctors, so when I give a glowing report it is a big deal. Negatives: Parking is tight, the gal at the front desk is not all that personable - she seems like she doesn't really want to be there. But who cares? The doctor is FABULOUS. I will definitely recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

When I got breast cancer I was referred to Dr. Chiantella. She was so supportive. She guided me to the generic brand of Arimidex and helped me find a caring oncologist. She was factual and no nonsense, but she also gave hugs. She did such a good job on my lumpectomy that the mammogram technician had difficulty locating the scar. She also suggested a new method of radiation-- BRACHYTHERAPY that worked wonderfully. I only had to have 5 days of treatment twice a day. There was no exterior burn. She is up on the latest technology and recommends treatments that suit the individual.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2013

Dr. Chiantella is a wonderful breast surgeon. Hearing that you have breast cancer is a life-changing event. I agree with another poster that Dr. Chiantella strikes the right balance between caring and professional. She takes all the time that you need with her to make hard decisions. I have been in her care for 1 1/2 years and highly recommend her without reservation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Excellent surgeon,and knowledge....no question she knows her field...no question pick as your dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

I saw Dr. C on several occasions with concerns regarding my breast issues, including asymmetrical nipple discharge and multiple cysts over a course of 3 years. She acted as if I was wasting her time and had nothing to worry about even though I had extremely dense breasts, and constant new cysts and call-backs after every mammogram, risk factors and discharge. I was diagnosed with a 3.5 cm inv. breast cancer six months after my last visit with her, on the same breast I had been having the discharge for years. I wish I had never gone to see her. She gave me a false sense of complacency.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2009

Dr. Chiantella was not only the most open and comforting surgeon I had ever had, but she took the time to give me all of the options available and the pros and cons of each, then let me decide what was best for me. The scars from the surgery (double mastectomy) are the absolute minimal and barely noticable. Other doctors I have seen since(even other surgeons) have remarked on the.My follow up visit was just as reassuring as my first. I cannot express my satisfaction with her professional skills and treatment of her patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917969].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I've found Dr. Chiantella immensely knowledgeable and helpful both. With a recent lump, which was surgically removed, abnormal (though not cancerous) results were discussed. Tamoxifen had been suggested, and Dr. Chiantella discussed the specific options and side effects as they pertained to my medical history; I appreciated her specific and up-to-date knowledge (tamoxifen vs. other SERMs like raloxifen). And though a surgeon's competence is of primary importance, I believe her 'bedside manner' is excellent also. I found her personality the right mix of professional and comforting facing surgery. I'd highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2007

Dr. Chiantella is a breast surgeon who handles a large majority of breast cancer cases in Loudoun County. She is a kind person but unfortunately her practice has gotten uncontrollably large. The office staff lose important reports or fail to fax records to oncologists, etc. I finally switched doctors and believe my life depended on it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2006

Dr. Chiantella is a breast surgeon. I found her caring, knowledgeable, and reassuring at a time when I was in a panic over an abnormal mammogram. She continues to treat me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1917966].votes_count ]]