Rate Dr. Seth M. Black

Dr. Seth M. Black's Ratings

Absolutely fantastic experience considering I was getting my wisdom teeth pulled. From scheduling, the operation itself, and my follow up--everything occurred just about as perfectly as it could have gone. After the operation, I even received a follow up call from Dr Black checking up on me...an absolute rarity! Dr Black was incredibly patient, thorough, and a clearly experienced oral surgeon. I felt completely at ease in his hands and am very grateful for his professionalism. Similarly, his nurse (Vicky) was wonderful! She was very warm, thoughtful, and completely sensitive to making the procedure as comfortable as possible for me. I've already referred a co-worker and would encourage needing dental surgery to see Dr Black.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][665728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Unbelievable staff, incredible nurse and best most considerate doctor.....ever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][665727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2013

I was experiencing clicking of the jaw, ringing in the ears, and dizziness which was causing me much distress for a long time. In fact I always thought my problem was in the ears. Upon my visit to Park East Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, PC and much discussion, diagnoses, and medical imaging, Dr. Black provided me with treatment of an oral appliance to wear during the night which has relieve pain, ear sensation and prevents clench teeth cause further damage to jaw and ear bones. The oral appliance was made to fit for me by the next day. I have not stopped wearing the appliance ever since and most important Dr. Black's skill in recongizing and treating my problem has help me return to a healthy pain free life. If you are experiencing symptoms of TMJ, which are many, please see Dr. Seth M. Black who is caring, experienced and has a professional team working with him. Migdalia D.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][665726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

Dr. Black main concern is money, I am a union member and was referred to him.I was charged a co-payment of 1,225.00 and my GHI billed for more money. I was then sent a bill for more money. When I spoke to the referring dentist, they were suprised and he never forward any inforamtion to the referring dentist. It has been almost a year and now the referring dentist is requesting my records. My experience with the staff was not good,the staff that service me was very rude. I will never go back to Dr.Black, it all about the money and that is so sad.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][665725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

I had 4 wisdom teeth removed within 6 months of each other, two at a time and Dr. Black was absolutely great. I suffered no pain either time due to the doctor's excellent surgical skills. A very nice bedside manner, put me completely at ease and took the time to explain the procedure to me and what I could expect from the outcome. His staff is also extremely knowledgeable and pleasant. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][665724].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2011

After waiting for WEEKS for authorization for my procedure- I was told by Dr. Black's office that I had full auth. and could come in. I asked NUMEROUS times if my procedure was covered. They assured me- IN FULL. I received a bill yesterday for TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. They're claiming that I have "medicare" and not united as I said. I'm 31 years old I do NOT have medicare!! I can assure you- these people want to get you in the door- tell you that you're covered and then bill you. Stay away!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][665723].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

This was an easy and pleasant experience. The staff was friendly and Dr. Black was more than helpful and patient with me. He is treating more for severe TMJ and I am more than thrilled at the possibility of finally being PAIN FREE!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][665722].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

My experience with Dr. Black has been so consistently negative that I feel compelled to tell other people to avoid him. First, it is very difficult to get an appointment, and the staff is extremely rude, disrespectful, and unhelpful about scheduling (as well as most other matters). Second, Dr. Black recommended more surgery than was necessary in my case, which I found out by getting second and third opinions from other well-respected oral surgeons. Third, everything that Dr. Black has done for me has cost more than he said it would. Fourth, my records--in particular, the oral models I paid (a pretty penny) for--were disposed of without my knowledge. This is extremely frustrating, as it means I need to have the same stuff done over again because of their oversight. Suffice it to say that Dr. Black's practice is supremely unprofessional, and one might add mercenary, rude, and disorganized. Given that there are many great oral surgeons in NYC, this is one you should steer clear of.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][665721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2011

Dr. Black was the 4th oral surgeon I had been to for my TMJ. I had had every possible type of treatment that the other doctors knew of, so I needed a doctor who could do surgery in case that's what was necessary. From my first consultation, he explained what the treatment options were and revealed his suspicion that I would need surgery in the end. He first tried a splint (bite plate) and then Botox injections, neither of which helped in my case. I ended up having to have surgery on both sides. I was completely confident having Dr. Black do the surgery. He is the type of doctor who was born to do what he does. He has a great way of explaining things, a warm bedside manner, and a vast knowledge of his field. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone! And the lady in the office is also very nice if you're polite and friendly to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][665720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2010

I had two wisdom teeth extracted the same day. I never experienced pain post surgery though I had excessive heavy clotting on my way home. I attribute my very successful and painless outcome to Dr. Black's skills. He explained my concerns and even spoke with my insurance carrier so that I could get the greatest financial advantage my coverage allowed. Lastly, one of the receptionists at the front desk was very condescending and rude upon my arrival and when I asked and answered questions. The other two women at the desk were silent as if they did not want to upset the rude one. It seemed the rude woman was in charge. They looked at me sort of helpless and apologetic, being sure not to let the rude one see their reactions as they were standing behind her. Maybe I did not fit the profile of the clients the rude one was accustomed to at this Upper East Side Park Avenue office. If Dr. Black had not been so professional, warm, and competent, I would have gone to another dentist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][665719].votes_count ]]