Rate Dr. Ian Bell

Dr. Ian Bell's Ratings

Dr. Bell is amazing; however I feel that his practice has been suffering since he moved to Newmarket and started employing his wife as his secretary. Just took me almost two months of leaving voicemail messages to get an appointment. I hate to say it, but I'm looking for a new doctor because the excuse "we're having troubles with our phone system" grew old 3 or 4 years ago when she first started using it. How about this, get a new phone system, or better yet, hire a proper secretary.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 11, 2014 | flag

Dr Bell has been our Family Dr for over 25 years. I find him to be a very caring man but think when it comes to woman his first place to go is stress. I also think that he is wonderful with kids. I have a huge issue with his office staff. I can not remember the last time I have called for an app and either gotten a busy signal or had to leave a message. I also find that getting appointments time's a very difficult thing. I have had to phone the Dr or hospital where appointments are to get the date and time. I know when I say that called there she tries to say she did not get the appointment, which is not true because I have seen the paper work. I also know that I am not the only person this happens to. I have a lot of friends who go to Dr Bell and we all have the same troubles. I have had a couple of friends leave because of these issues not Dr Bell but Jan.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2014 | flag

Summery of Dr Ian Bell. He is simply amazing in all aspects of his profession. He is extremely knowledgable, and he is smart enough to actually use the medical information in his office. I have seen him confirm his diagnoses by actually double checking medical texts off the shelves in his office and showing the low level details. I found this quite amazing as most doctors don't seem to provide you much information. When asked he will go into as much detail as he can which attests to his amazing skills. Personally he is about the most pleasant person you can find and is always a calm grounded person. His wife handles much of the administrative work and is a perfect match with him. When he is running late due to surgury or other understandable circumstances she has called me (more then one time) to tell me to come in at a later time so that your not sitting in the waiting room. You really cannot express all the details of how good his practise is in 1000 characters.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2013 | flag

I absolutely adore DR bell. I never realized how good I had it until I had to move. In an emergency while I was visting home, he saw my newborn daughter who was not his patient. He squeezed her in because I asked him if he would and I didn't want to go to a walk in. His old receptionist was much better than when he switched to his wife. His wife is a sweetheart, but she is terrible at returning phonecalls. I've called a few times and had no call back. So you just need to be persistent now, but they are both exceptionally compassionate and caring people.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2013 | flag

Dr Bell cared for all of my 5 children while I lived in Ontario and was without doubt the best doctor I've ever had. If you ever decide to move to BC Ian, I hope you come to New Westminster!

Submitted Aug. 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Bell is amazing. He will fit you in last minute if you need to see him. My kids love going to Dr. Bell's. Jan is helpful, polite and friendly. When I talk about my doctor, my friends always comment that I have the best doctor. I agree, I will only change when he retires and I hope that isn't for a long time.

Submitted June 28, 2011 | flag

Ive had doctor bell for 21 years, all my life, an amazing doctor, it is well known that i am a bit of a hypochondriac and just to put my mind at ease he sends me for whatever test needed, he is very knowledgeable and has never rushed me out of the office if i have other concerns

Submitted June 10, 2011 | flag

Dr. Bell has been my family doctor for over 25 years and is now on the 3rd generation of our family. He is dead on with is diagnosis and does not mess around. Recently he diagnosed my son with Shingles but because they were on his face it stumped 2 other doctors at the hospital. When it came down to it, Dr. Bell was spot on and the healing began. He took my family back after an 8 year absence. Bless him.

Submitted June 2, 2011 | flag

Dr Bell has been our family Dr for over 25 years. our first visit was with our son then 2 yrs bit by a dog Dr Bell spoke directly to our son making him feel important and calm. He genuinly cares for his patients and his attention to detail keeps us coming back Excellent Dr better Man.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2010 | flag