Rate Dr. Todd M. Hess

Dr. Todd M. Hess's Ratings

I have chronic regional pain syndrome. I have been seeing Dr Hess for about a year and a half now. He is an amazing doctor and I feel blessed to have been referred to him. He understands the pain factor which some other doctors I have seen did not. I go in to see him aching like mad and leave laughing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2013

as long as you never disagree or ask for another opinion he is happy to see you along with 3 other people scheduled in your time slot. he's very nice the 1st time you see him but it fades the more you go. my condition requires treatment in the first 6-12 months for any chance of remission. after being treated for 4 months i was seeing some relief...until he dropped me like a hot potato! now, a year later, my condition has not only become intolerable but it has spread. i wasn't asking him to be a god and cure me. I was only wanting to focus on other areas of pain as well, he is suppose to be a pain doctor. he said i was belligerent the last time we met. i will admit to crying but he kept running in n out of the room and seemed irritated that i wanted more treatment. i'm only 37 of course i wanted to keep trying. he then says 'maybe you have MS' and walked out again. what kind of doctor kicks a chronic pain patient out? not just of seeing him but of UPC?! what happened to 'Do No Harm'

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1919378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2013

Dr Hess is the best Dr I have been too. He always has a smile on. As a matter of fact, he was dealing with his own pain one day and he was more than pleasant. I am a very difficult case and we are having a very hard time finding what works but he keeps trying and doesn't give up! Liability? I don't see him worried about this at all! At least not so I see it. He is concerned about the mental health state the pain puts his patients in and is just An awesome dr!!!'

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Yeah, good luck getting into see these guys, the wait is getting well into next year. Seems there only 2 or 3 decent pain clinics in the entire state. Have heard good things about Hess though, you people should feel fortunate.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1919376].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2011

Dr. Hess gave me my life back!! I went through years of testing, treatments, clinics, and doctors and no success in being able to determine the cause of my pain or how to treat it. Within a few minutes of meeting Dr. Hess he had a diagnosis and ideas for treatment. I was so impressed with him! I actually was seeing another doctor at the clinic (who was not at all helpful). I arrived for my appointment to find out this doctor committed suicide. Because of that, Dr. Hess stayed late, after business hours, just to meet with me. When he realized that I have rectus sheath syndrome he ran out of the office and brought in a book with a picture of a body to show me exactly what is going on. He has been incredibly supportive, been with me through numerous treatments, and even decided to talk to a neurosurgeon about trying a spinal nerve cord stimulator even though this is not used to treat my area of nerve damage. He is pretty dang fun too!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

sometimes all u see is a PA and a hand shake from DR. Hess hears what hw wants to hear but overall I thinks he is good

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011

If you actually get to see Dr. Hess, you cant help but like him and he is very smart and loves to help. Now if you get a nurse to help you, or have to call the prescription refill line, i would say to expect to have complications and be annoyed as i have had extremely mixed experiences with them, from wonderful to horrible experiences. Do yourself a favor and find one of the 2 hour parking spots on the street and skip out on the parking ramp as they do not validate, especially when your just going in for a prescription refill

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 18, 2011

I appreciate the fact that many think him wonderful. But to my personal opinion, there is no one less caring, less humble, less likily to listen to what is really going on. He hears what he wants to hear and if you do not agree or act instantly to something he suggests he will dimish and demean you. He will not respond to any questions or concerns you may have. I find him condescending and pompous, I found most of his staff equal in quality and care only to him. I wanted to get better not take more pill than any one person should take at one time. I would suggest that if you are looking for a Pain Specialist to keep looking this is not the Doctor you seek.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2010

Dr. Hess and his Partners in the Clinic are fantastic. I have make a three hour round trip for an appt. but I don't mind at all because I know that there will be no stares, whispers, finger pointing, accusations, rude comments, etc.. like there always is at most any clinic in the city I live in. Dr. Hess is personable, highly knowledgable, empathetic, and a model for others in his field. There has been times when it has taken too long for a return call from a nurse, but I do know that the call volume they handle each day is huge. Also the hold time for appointments can get looooong too, but they are always helpful and very friendly. I also have to agree with the person that commented about some of the Nursing staff acting defensive on the phone, I have run into that to, but it is always with the same person. But as far as I am concerned that is nothing besides a minor irritation considering the quality of the clinic on a whole.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919371].votes_count ]]