Rate Dr. Gema T. Simmons

Dr. Gema T. Simmons's Ratings

Dr. Simmons was the worst physician I've ever had. She was condescending and failed to answer questions. I had some complications during my pregnancy and was scared of her incompetence. I had moved here and had the most wonderful doctor with my 2 previous pregnancies. I had similar complications during those pregnancies but was treated very differently. Due to the complications and late point in my pregnancy I was unable to find another physician. I ended up getting a second opinion from one of her colleagues to force her to practice according to accepted and standard medical practices. She was a nightmare.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

Dr Gema Simmons has been my physician for 11yrs. I will be moving from the area and will miss her greatly. I am 21 yrs her senior and when I first met her I knew she was a young Doctor and a very good one at that. She has been with me through menopause, thyroid issues and everything in between. Every year at my exam she opens the door saying my name and giving me time and attention and asking me how my family is. I expected to have her as my Doc for my lifetime but now living in another State that will not be possible. I recommended her and continue to with great confidence in her. I also think the staff, nurses and office entirely are remarkable. I will miss you Dr Gema Simmons :( Rhoni M

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2484633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

This is for 2 anointment? She told me I had PCOS because of another health condition. I went to another doctor for the other related health condition and find out I would have to take at least 1000. dollars worth of test to find out weather i have PCOS. I disagree with Simmons and get fired from her clinic.... She is a disgrace to the medical profession. she also said I might want a hysterectomy and I have panic attacks. I broke down in tears in the office and they didn't act like they even cared.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2457089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I find this office somewhat over-rated. I have several friends who see various doctors there and we all agree... it's lukewarm at best. Dr. Simmons is very knowledgeable. I ended up switching to her when I was 7mos pregnant after my doctor moved. My only complaint was when she did my c-section it was sorta awkward. She just walked in and started cutting and never said hello or anything. I don't really care about bedside manner but it was kinda strange. Even my husband thought it was awkward. I delivered at Bergan and all the delivery nurses seemed to be dreading her arrival to do the c-section. What matters is that she is a good surgeon, baby healthy, and my scar looks amazing. I would say that at her Lakeside office she probably has the worst nurse of all the doctors. Her nurse is young and looks at you like she would rather light you on fire than acknowledge your existence. With that said. I think she is good...but doesnt walk on water.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2012

I was very impressed with Dr. Simmons. She took the time to sit down with me and go over everything in my file on my first visit after transferring to her. She has also been a great help in dealing with infertility issues. I have not had her as my MD during a pregnancy yet, however I would recommend her to anyone! She is great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

Wonderful doctor. She is always attentive and personable. She did my c-section and the scar is barely noticeable. I loved how she involved me in all the decision making regarding my pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919528].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr. Simmons is by far the best OBGYN out there! I recommend her to everyone I know. She has delivered both of my children and will deliver my third. If she moved across the country I would travel to make my appointments!! She has help me with so much and is very knowledgeable at what she does. She is the Best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010

She is fantastic!! She is so thorough and put my mind at ease with all the questions I had about my pregnancy. I would recommend her to any pregnant woman. She is by far the best OB-GYN I have ever been to!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919526].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2009

Dr. Simmons is wonderful; I recommend her to all my friends and family. She is truly wonderful and has helped us deliver two wonderful daughters. Any time I visit her office, she cares enough to ask about the whole family. She takes the time to listen and is truly genuine. She encourages your questions and always has the answers. She is one of the most caring, patient people I know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919525].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2009

Dr. Simmons is the best OB/GYN I have ever seen! I have referred her to many friends and family and everyone loves her. She is very proactive with your health and enabled me to have my two wonderful little girls. She is the only doctor I have ever seen that spends time with you and truly cares. In addition, the rest of the office staff is wonderful and easy to work with. I have on occasion seen the other doctors there and would recommend them as well. You will not be disappointed in this wonderful lady! She is the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1919524].votes_count ]]