Dr. Gema T. Simmons

Grad. Year: 1998

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Gema T. Simmons has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5672936
23/07/14 5 5 5 5 Dr Gema Simmons has been my physician for 11yrs. I will be moving from the area and will miss her greatly. I am 21 yrs her senior and when I first met her I knew she was a young Doctor and a very good one at that. She has been with me through menopause, thyroid issues and everything in between. Every year at my exam she opens the door saying my name and giving me time and attention and asking me how my family is. I expected to have her as my Doc for my lifetime but now living in another State that will not be possible. I recommended her and continue to with great confidence in her. I also think the staff, nurses and office entirely are remarkable. I will miss you Dr Gema Simmons :( Rhoni M
RID: 5409793
22/04/14 1 1 1 1 This is for 2 anointment? She told me I had PCOS because of another health condition. I went to another doctor for the other related health condition and find out I would have to take at least 1000. dollars worth of test to find out weather i have PCOS. I disagree with Simmons and get fired from her clinic.... She is a disgrace to the medical profession. she also said I might want a hysterectomy and I have panic attacks. I broke down in tears in the office and they didn't act like they even cared.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Gema" to "Gema T."
RID: 1708511
08/02/12 2 2 4 5 I find this office somewhat over-rated. I have several friends who see various doctors there and we all agree... it's lukewarm at best. Dr. Simmons is very knowledgeable. I ended up switching to her when I was 7mos pregnant after my doctor moved. My only complaint was when she did my c-section it was sorta awkward. She just walked in and started cutting and never said hello or anything. I don't really care about bedside manner but it was kinda strange. Even my husband thought it was awkward. I delivered at Bergan and all the delivery nurses seemed to be dreading her arrival to do the c-section. What matters is that she is a good surgeon, baby healthy, and my scar looks amazing. I would say that at her Lakeside office she probably has the worst nurse of all the doctors. Her nurse is young and looks at you like she would rather light you on fire than acknowledge your existence. With that said. I think she is good...but doesnt walk on water.
RID: 1471974
24/06/11 5 4 5 5 I was very impressed with Dr. Simmons. She took the time to sit down with me and go over everything in my file on my first visit after transferring to her. She has also been a great help in dealing with infertility issues. I have not had her as my MD during a pregnancy yet, however I would recommend her to anyone! She is great!
RID: 1438657
11/05/11 4 4 5 5 Wonderful doctor. She is always attentive and personable. She did my c-section and the scar is barely noticeable. I loved how she involved me in all the decision making regarding my pregnancy.
RID: 1183213
04/06/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Simmons is by far the best OBGYN out there! I recommend her to everyone I know. She has delivered both of my children and will deliver my third. If she moved across the country I would travel to make my appointments!! She has help me with so much and is very knowledgeable at what she does. She is the Best!
RID: 1016896
23/10/09 4 4 5 5 She is fantastic!! She is so thorough and put my mind at ease with all the questions I had about my pregnancy. I would recommend her to any pregnant woman. She is by far the best OB-GYN I have ever been to!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 775777
28/01/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Simmons is wonderful; I recommend her to all my friends and family. She is truly wonderful and has helped us deliver two wonderful daughters. Any time I visit her office, she cares enough to ask about the whole family. She takes the time to listen and is truly genuine. She encourages your questions and always has the answers. She is one of the most caring, patient people I know.
RID: 605818
03/06/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Simmons is the best OB/GYN I have ever seen! I have referred her to many friends and family and everyone loves her. She is very proactive with your health and enabled me to have my two wonderful little girls. She is the only doctor I have ever seen that spends time with you and truly cares. In addition, the rest of the office staff is wonderful and easy to work with. I have on occasion seen the other doctors there and would recommend them as well. You will not be disappointed in this wonderful lady! She is the best!
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 492380
23/01/08 5 5 5 5 AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! The BEST GYN I have ever been to. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND her!!  Respond
RID: 487683
18/01/08 4 5 5 5 I had a very positive experience with Dr. Simmons during my high risk pregnancy. She is very knowledgeable and encourages questions. Her staff is very warm and friendly. I would refer anyone to her with no hesitation.
RID: 478437
07/01/08 4 1 1 2 This woman is highly discriminatory and rude. She dismissed all of my questions and treated me with alarming disrespect based on assumptions about a psychological condition. She also seemed upset when I said I wanted to try a different medication after the one she had prescribed made me ill. My visit with her was an ordeal and I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.
RID: 275815
12/04/07 4 5 5 Dr. Simmons is the best doctor I have ever been to. She treats you as if she is a trusted friend. I wish she was family practice so my whole family could feel as comfortable going to the doctor as I feel.
RID: 111049
24/01/07 5 5 5 Awesome doctor, very nice bedside manner. I went back to her for a second child. Wouldn't chose anyone else even if my insurance didn't cover.
Insurance: Humana
Paid (or co-pay): $600
RID: 51341
19/10/06 4 5 5 Dr. Simmons is very knowledgable and a great listener. I was very happy with her, and her nursing staff. She will induce if you want after 39 weeks, and she did put me on Pitocin after my water broke.
Insurance: Coventry