You may also like

Rate Dr. Bryan R. Hecht

Dr. Bryan R. Hecht's Ratings

Dr. Hecht has been such a comfort during such a terrible time for us. He is kind and funny and knows how to speak directly and on a level we can always understand. I have only ever had an issue with one of his nurses (hence the 3 stars) not allowing my husband to be a part of the ultrasound process but I wouldn't hold it against Dr. Hecht, as he had nothing to do with that situation. The rest of the staff is amazing! They call to check up on me, always make me feel welcome, and really go out of the way to treat me like family and not a patient. I have recommended Dr. Hecht to several friends and will continue to do so. I'm thankful to have had him as my RE.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2735310].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

My bf and I were also patients of this doctor, for a moment. He was very unprofessional and made each visit more awkward than the previous one. He was to familiar with both us and it was strange. Due to insurance changes we had to use this clinic. Which is odd since due to my diagnosis my insurance informed me that once I began medication for super ovulation the testing and insemination would not be covered services. I was never billed nor did I pay for anything. It is not that we minded that but now I feel as if something was not right. This is another reason we transfered our care. Something is just not right there. My insurance paid but I don't understand why. We are now on a payment plan elsewhere in Pittsburgh where we are both treated with professionalism not very odd attempts at humor while having a pelvic exam. I am not sure of this doctors background but being his patients did leave us to wonder why he has to drive to a different state to work. After reading the other comments we cannot help wondering why someone would be so pleased to "have the DOCTOR draw my blood" ? Really,,, i would assume that means there is no staff to support the place!! I don't know. Its strange....my BF truly believes this Dr is submitting most of these comments himself because they seem hilariously the same. Would not put it past him. We were his patients. He was charged with making us feel taken care of not as if we were the punch line of some inappropriate joke. I do not want my doctor drawing my blood or answering the phone. I wanted him to be professional, I did not want to be treated like a joke. Keep looking, there are great docs in the area!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2734721].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

Prior to meeting with Dr. Hecht about 1.5 months ago, I was going to RHS for one year! I was on injectables with timed intercourse and I did not have one cycle that was even close to successful. The doctors there told me that the only way I was going to get pregnant was to do IVF and that the protocol I was doing was a waste of time! (my insurance doesn't cover IUI or IVF.) Feeling down and hopeless, I got a second opinion from Dr. Hecht midway through ( what looked like to be another unsuccessful cycle.) I ended up letting Dr. Hecht manage my cycle from the day we had our initial appointment because he told me they just weren't giving you enough medication and I DON'T feel that IVF is the best option for you, you just don't ovulate. He said he felt my case was a fairly easy case to get pregnant. Well needless to say, he managed my treatment for a short period of time and that very month, I got my BFP!!! & for that I am forever grateful for him and his staff! Judy was absolutely fabulous! It is a small practice so I got to see Dr. Hecht every time I went there, he even drew my blood once! Just as a comparison I walked by my doctor at RHS and I don't even think she knew who I was, because I was just a name on a paper! I would HIGHLY recommend this practice to anyone who is just seeking infertility help or needs a second opinion! He gave me hope, when I didn't think pregnancy was possible!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2730379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

Our experience at Dr. Hecht's office has been a very positive one. He and his staff were wonderful to work with and were always available. I enjoyed the small size of the practice and felt it was more personal compared to experiences at a larger practice. I would recommend seeking treatment here to a prospective patient.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2718353].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Dr. Hecht was professional and personable. Both he and his staff provided consistent empathy, encouragement, experience, hope, kindness and thoroughness. I always felt as if I was the most important, most valued patient of the practices. I can't say enough good things from my personal experience. I would highly recommend both Dr. Hecht and his staff. In my situation, they exceeded every expectation I had. I've worked with other infertility physicians but none that can compare to the service I received at this practice. Keep up the good work and thanks for everything!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2695222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I have been so pleased with my experience with Dr. Hecht over the past 4 months. He listens to my concerns and always takes a lot of time to answer my questions...and I always have a list of them! I see him every time I am in the office, which I appreciate, as I know not all fertility clinics operate in this way. I truly feel like we have a partnership in dealing with my diagnosis and deciding upon treatment. He has been nothing but supportive and hopeful for us. I love his sense of humor and outgoing personality. He always asks how my daughter is and is delighted anytime she attends appointments with me (he even has a special toy for her!). My husband and I both fully trust Dr. Hecht and are very happy with his practice.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2666675].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

Dr. Hecht was very supportive and professional and took the time to explain everything about the process of testing and treatment. Everyone in the office was also very responsive. I'm so happy that I found the Jones Institute and very grateful for the wonderful treatment I received!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2665827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Dr. Hecht and his staff are wonderful! There aren't enough nice things that I can say about them. His nurses, Judy and Margie are the best! Nicole, who does the ultrasounds was so helpful in taking the time to help me understand what was going on with my ultrasound during my appointments. Margie and Judy really took the time to explain to me the process and my protocol and even helping to get me to another doctor when I had to have another D&C due to my miscarriage :( but everyone in this office has really been great, helpful, understanding, and super supportive. I wasn't expecting my RE to be as understanding and Dr. Hecht and he let me go into his office with a list (yes, list) of questions and we went through every question. This office is really amazing and if you have to go through such a difficult process as ART, it's so nice to have a staff that offers so much support, information, and resources as they do. They're all very personable and professional, again, there aren't enough nice things to say about them.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2631606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

My husband and I have been going to the Jones Institute for going on three years now. Dr. Hecht replaced Dr. Hartog (who had replaced Dr. Kauma who left in a VERY unprofessional manner, not even telling his patients). At first we were not sure how we would feel about Dr. Hecht because we LOVED Dr. Hartog so much. We came back to the Jones Institute after being treated like a number and having a botched test by interns at Magee.
After meeting Dr. Hecht, we liked him, but after being a patient of his for a while, my husband and I love him. I couldn't believe the first time I came in for bloodwork and Dr. Hecht was the one that drew my blood. In my 44 years of living, I have NEVER had a doctor draw my blood and was impressed that he is not the kind of doctor that sits in his office doing nothing while you are waiting. He has an excellent bedside manner and great sense of humor. He saved me from having to have surgery for a tubal pregnancy and has been extremely encouraging to both my husband and myself.
The world of infertility is full of highs and lows and he will be with you for the whole ride. He is very knowledgeable and we have always felt as though he was completely vested in our attempts to try to get pregnant. We have tried 3 IVF cycles with him and have gotten pregnant 2 of the 3 times, but haven't had any luck staying pregnant. Throughout the process he and his staff have been so incredibly helpful I couldn't imagine going to any other doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2619728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

Dr. Hecht and staff are amazing at The Jones Institute. I would highly recommend him. I have gotten pregnant twice because of him. He is a great doctor and I love the staff. They are always so helpful and so responsive. I am so grateful to have picked the Jones Institute and was able to deal with Dr. Hecht. When Dr. Hartog was there, I saw her one time in 3 treatments and that was only for my initial appointment. I see Dr. Hecht at every appointment. He knows my name and he knows my situation. I am a person to him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2619186].votes_count ]]