Rate Dr. Bryan R. Hecht

Dr. Bryan R. Hecht's Ratings

My husband and I have been going to the Jones Institute for going on three years now. Dr. Hecht replaced Dr. Hartog (who had replaced Dr. Kauma who left in a VERY unprofessional manner, not even telling his patients). At first we were not sure how we would feel about Dr. Hecht because we LOVED Dr. Hartog so much. We came back to the Jones Institute after being treated like a number and having a botched test by interns at Magee.
After meeting Dr. Hecht, we liked him, but after being a patient of his for a while, my husband and I love him. I couldn't believe the first time I came in for bloodwork and Dr. Hecht was the one that drew my blood. In my 44 years of living, I have NEVER had a doctor draw my blood and was impressed that he is not the kind of doctor that sits in his office doing nothing while you are waiting. He has an excellent bedside manner and great sense of humor. He saved me from having to have surgery for a tubal pregnancy and has been extremely encouraging to both my husband and myself.
The world of infertility is full of highs and lows and he will be with you for the whole ride. He is very knowledgeable and we have always felt as though he was completely vested in our attempts to try to get pregnant. We have tried 3 IVF cycles with him and have gotten pregnant 2 of the 3 times, but haven't had any luck staying pregnant. Throughout the process he and his staff have been so incredibly helpful I couldn't imagine going to any other doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2619728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

Dr. Hecht and staff are amazing at The Jones Institute. I would highly recommend him. I have gotten pregnant twice because of him. He is a great doctor and I love the staff. They are always so helpful and so responsive. I am so grateful to have picked the Jones Institute and was able to deal with Dr. Hecht. When Dr. Hartog was there, I saw her one time in 3 treatments and that was only for my initial appointment. I see Dr. Hecht at every appointment. He knows my name and he knows my situation. I am a person to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2619186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Hecht for my second baby. I can't say enough about how he makes you feel like a person rather than a number. He knows my name when he sees me and knows why I'm there. I've seen the docs listed below and if it's lack of personality and lack of enthusiasm your looking for then Dr. Hecht won't be for you. He's been compassionate and taken extra time with me when I needed it. I've never experienced this before during infertility treatment. I never saw the other doctors. They didn't know anything about me without a chart in front of them. Humor can be the best medicine. I actually have fun going to the office. The staff are just as great. Having baby number two has definitely been less stressful. I love Dr. Hecht!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2611787].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

My husband and I left the jones institute when dr Hecht arrived. His comments and base humor made us feel as if we had been treated by some weirdo in his garage. We were previous patients there through dr kauma and then dr hartog. We have twin girls and were so excited to come back.... Only to find dr Hecht there.
How disappointing . We found dr kauma and are currently under his care, Hecht
embarrassed me by asking me if I had "brought an egg with me" within earshot of other patients AND told me that I "couldn't keep the speculum"!!! My husband was so angry at the lack of professionalism and carelessness.!!! I cried all the way home. I was very very embarrassed! I see now why some women never go the gynecologist due to embarrassment . I will never forget his lack of professionalism! Dr Kauma is as professional as doctors should be! Dr Hartog was just as impressive however, she went to New York. Which left us (and we cannot be the only ones) with this creepy unprofessional thoughtless individual , The staff throughout has remained the same wonderful people we loved from previous (and successful ) attempts. They , I am sure, are struggling.
So sad. By the way: Dr. Kauma went to Magee women's hospital.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2610341].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

I have nothing but the highest praise for the entire staff at the Jones Institute! They went above and beyond our expectations to make sure we got the personal care & attention we needed during one of the most difficult times of our lives as a couple struggling with infertility. We were never rushed out of an appointment, and our questions were always answered thoroughly. We have a beautiful 5-year old through IVF at the Jones Institute and are finally expecting our second child. It took us 3 years of IVF attempts to conceive for the second time. Throughout that 3-year journey, the nurses & staff became more like friends to us because of the personal care & relationships they allowed us to build with them. I foresee our family keeping in touch with the staff there for years to come!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2592521].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Dr Hecht and the Jones Institute staff were very personable and provided me with lots of one-on-one discussions, education, support. The nurses and Dr Hecht spoke with me at every appointment (even blood draws), if only to see how I was doing. Dr Hecht even personally called me to review results on a weekend. I had been a previous patient at Magee, and only saw the doctor once.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2572711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Dr Hecht often says inappropriate things. Very uncomfortable with his analogies.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2565987].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Dr. Hecht and his staff at the Jones Institute created a wonderful experience for us throughout our IUI process. Being that infertility can be a highly stressful situation, Dr. Hecht truly finds a balance of humor and professionalism that puts you at ease. There was another Dr. at Jones Institute when we did our first round of IUI (which was unsuccessful). That experience and our experience with Dr. Hecht cannot be compared. He is caring, a good listener and truly takes your best interests to heart. I truly believe we would not have conceived had it not been for Dr. Hecht. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who is trying to conceive.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2549011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

We love Dr Hecht so much that I followed him from Cleveland clinic when he went to UH, driving about a hour & 15 min. We had a successful IUI & my daughter will be turning 2 Sept 8.

I would recommend him to anyone who is trying to conceive. He is kind & also has a sense of humor. I love him so much that I prefer to only see him again. So I'll be traveling a hour and half and I think it's worth it.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2512452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Dr. Bryan was very knowledgable, kind and an overall great doctor. The whole staff at the Jones Institute was great also. I would highly recommend them to anyone with fertility issues.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2507741].votes_count ]]