Rate Dr. Richard A. Boiardo

Dr. Richard A. Boiardo's Ratings

Eminence on the field Best Orthopedic and Surgeon.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

Dr. Boiardo did a replacement surgery on the left hip which was highly infected. Surgery saved me from losing my leg. I would continue to see Dr. Boiardo for any other orthopedic problems that occur. I went to many doctors with this problem and he is the only one that was able to get rid of the infection for good. Other doctors only suppressed the infection.

Submitted Jan. 30, 2014 | flag

My mother needed another hip replacement because she was in constant pain after a failed hip replacement 2 years ago. Dr. Boiardo did a complete reconstructive hip replacement on her and thanks to him she walks better and is no longer in pain! Dr. Boiardo is an amazing, compassionate, and knowledgeable doctor! He truly cares about his patients, he even has Sunday hours! We feel like he is not just her doctor but a friend! We highly recommend him!

Submitted Nov. 26, 2013 | flag

Dr Boiardo was extremely helpful and compassionate during my robotic total hip replacement planning and recovery. He gave great counsel, laid out all the options and possibilities and helped me through recovery with encouragement and insight. Highly recommend him for robotic hop surgery.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2013 | flag

My mother needed a hip replacement because a prior surgery called a hip pinning had failed. The hip pinning was done after she fell and broke her femoral neck bone. She had extremely agonizing pain after the first surgery. She couldn't walk due to the pain. Given her age, osteoarthritis, and this complication it was a difficult case. Dr. Boiardo accepted the challenge and immediately found the problem. He successfully removed the earlier failed implants and performed a complete new hip replacement surgery. She is recovering and hopefully there will be no post surgery complications. I highly recommend him for his talent, skill and knowledge.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2013 | flag

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Boiardo due to my brother's recent surgery and I must say this doctor is extremely humble caring and compassionate. He is honest and direct with what he feels is best regarding your diagnosis. I may not be a patient but what I witnessed in how he treated my brother and his care, Dr. Boiardo is certainly the RIGHT MAN for the job! If ever I am in need of an orthopedic surgeon he is certainly the doctor I plan to call! PS...his office is in West Orange, NJ and we traveled from Neptune, NJ.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Boiardo is a great surgeon. Before you visit him, be prepared to wait sometimes an hr. and write down questions because he is quick. This is because he he knows his stuff, has many patients and and can't waste time. He rarely takes any time off. Even has hours on a sunday! Dr. B made me walk again without a limp by fixing my broken foot w/ bone from my hip after another doctor set it wrong and caused me to limp on a broken foot for 2 yrs! He performed successful arthroscopic surgery on both my knees. Years later, after I had lost my job and had no insurance, he replaced one of my knees and it is like new after a yr. of healing and physical therapy. He helped me get charity care to pay the hospital and didn't take a penny from me. Not only is Dr. Boiardo a great surgeon, he is a humanitarian - always giving back to the community and never forgetting where his family came from in Newark's Old First Ward. He has also performed pro bono surgeries in 3rd world countries. Good person. A+

Submitted Sept. 12, 2012 | flag

Dr.Boiardos office is usally a long wait but everytime I am there someone tells a story about how another doctor had messed up there knee and Dr Boiardo had fixed it and helped them walk or play golf again

Submitted July 28, 2012 | flag

Well, unfortunately all these bad things people write about his personality, communication & rush to surgery mentality are true. Also, unfortunately, he is very talented and well respected for his talents (not personality or bed side manner) by other physicians. So, what a waste. No I wouldn't go back to him.

Submitted March 20, 2012 | flag