Rate Dr. Gary Leong

Dr. Gary Leong's Ratings

Dr. Leong is my new family doctor and so far I am very pleased, except for the front counter staff. There have been two different people at the desk, both are rude and unhelpful, they make you feel that they could care less if you are there or not.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2628721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

I saw Dr. Leong for many years before he relocated to Victoria. He is a great doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients. I never felt rushed when seeing him. I wish him the best in his new location but wish he were still my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614798].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Dr. Leong is a good listener... just wish he would use the hand sanitizer before he shakes your hand and not after. Reception is not friendly, either in person or on the phone. Difficult to contact the office because lack of hours.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2601009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Wonderful MD. Professional personable and knowledgeable. I consider myself lucky to have such a great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2592129].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

Dr. Leong is the first doctor I have ever had that actually sees me at the time our appointment is set for. He is professional, punctual and personable.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2586622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I've had three family doctors in Victoria, and Dr. Leong is by far the best of them. He takes time to discuss my health concerns; I don't feel like I'm being hustled along so he can see the next patient. I do, however, agree with many of the comments posted here about the receptionist. She is incredibly rude. She constantly cuts me off in mid-sentence before I've had a chance to say what I need to say. Just a tip to those who have had the same experience with her: if she cuts you off, just start your sentence over, using the exact same words. If she cuts you off again, start over again, and again using the exact same words. On the third or fourth try, she will just let you finish what you have to say. She will get increasingly annoyed with each repetition, but so what? She was already annoyed with you when you walked in.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2583501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Wow - I agree with the comments below about the receptionist. It's a wonder Dr. Leong has any patients left - seeing the way she talks to people. Why is she still there?

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2580138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

I am a new patient to Dr. Leong's practice and I have found him to be very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, and he doesn't make you feel rushed. I also found his receptionist, Amber, to be very efficient and friendly. I would highly recommend this practice.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2579544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

Was VERY impressed with doctor Leong! He took the time to go over my medical history, I didn't feel rushed. You can tell he's very knowledgeable, caring and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2564202].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

Dr. Leong is a great Physician and meeting him for the first time was a breath of fresh air. His receptionist in the other hand is way too rude. It started with the phone call, she was very abrupt and impatient and kept cutting me off. The day I had my first visit, she was behind the desk almost ignoring people coming in. I went up to the desk to check in. I said "good morning" she looked up and said "what" as if we were asking her for some chuck change. I not really a type to write up negative stuff like this but with her being in the health care industry she needs to be more caring.

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2558157].votes_count ]]