Rate Dr. Mary Kathleen Stone

Dr. Mary Kathleen Stone's Ratings

I've been a patient of Dr. Stone's since I was 19 years old (I'm 33 now). She has always been very caring and truly seems to care about my health and welfare. In the last 4 years I've had two children. My second pregnancy was a little more complicated and ended up having to go back every week from Week 28 to delivery. She held my hand and gave me hugs when I needed to cry, and laughed with me, and made me feel so secure and that I was doing everything right even if the pregnancy wasn't typical. She was there to deliver No. 2 and I am so glad she was!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

Dr Stone cared for my daughter starting her 3rd trimester (my dtrs OB/Gyn gave short notice that he was moving OOT and he didnt have partners). I'm an RN that worked maternity and researched Dr Stone thoroughly as soon as finding out that my dtrs Dr was leaving. Dr Stone was incredible from the beginning. Very compassionate about my dtrs fears of changing to a new Dr, especially considering my daughter had complications with her pregnancy. She worked my daughter in within a couple days of contacting her. Dr Stone had reviewed all of my daughters previous med / prenatal care, my daughter felt like she had been seeing her for years. Dr Stone is very proactive, discussing all options with my daughter and her husband regarding her c-section and other necessary care, even calling me with my dtr present to inform me of the options. My dtrs c-section, follow up care went flawlessly. Dr Stone even made follow up calls to my dtr. I agree with another review if we could give her 10s we would.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921384].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

I agree she can be compassionate. However it isn't always the case. I am sorry but I do not have great respect for her. Her word is not what she lives by. She judged me and wasnt there when I realky needed her, passed me off to someone else. I thought she was amazing at first. But there was more to her that was sad and disappointing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921383].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

My ob was not available so I agreed to see Dr. Stone. She was so cold and degrading I left the hospital 37 weeks pregnant (measuring 44) in tears on Christmas eve. She spent the entire appointment talking down to me every chance she got. This was my third pregnancy so I know what to expect, but she was AWFUL! She even told me I need to have quiet time at 6pm every night (like I'm a child) and said I shouldn't be coming in so much because I don't have maternity coverage. I couldn't even enjoy my baby's heartbeat because she spent the whole time lecturing me on everything. I told her my c-section scar is tender, but she pressed as hard as she could to measure my uterus. Three hours later it still hurts. If you like the ob to treat you like you are stupid, physically harm you, and make you so upset that you end up crying in the parking lot then she is the right ob for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2012

Dr. Stone has been most impressive in my plight to understand a severe form of perinatal preeclampsia. She has taken the time to explain in any detail my condition and help me to sort through options for treatment and future pregnancy or a decision to avoid a future pregnancy as the case may be. She is compassionate, a straight shooter, and I appreciate her forward nature and style. I value honesty and a doctor who can explain my health to me and she has exceeded any and and all expectations during my hospitalization and beyond.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921382].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

Probably the most caring, compassionate doctor you will ever meet. Takes the time to work with you in figuring out issues & treatment. Refers without hesitation if she does not have answer. Educator and encourager.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Stone for over 15 years and she is wonderful. She really cares about you!!! Tell her what is bothering you and she will help you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921380].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Referred from my family physician but was disappointed when she acted as if I was crazy because my menopause was causing alot of tension in my family and work. Will not go back!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2011

Dr. Stone was on call the day some results came in that I was very anxious to hear. Not only did she try all my contact numbers until she got me, she also patiently/thoroughly explained the news and kindly offered to call again when my husband got off work to be a resource for him, too. It was a busy evening, so I was very grateful for her attentiveness to someone who wasn't her patient. When we all got on the phone later that night, Dr. Stone was both kind and clear, and didn't sugarcoat anything. She admirably disclosed that my regular midwife (who was off that day) was the best person on the team to interpret this kind of test result. Even so, her reading was accurate, and her delivery of the news was perfect. She even answered our inane questions with amazing patience and reassurance that there are ways through--or even around!--the jungle that we're in. Thanks Dr. Stone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011

Rude to my nurses in front of me. Seems grouchy all the time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1921377].votes_count ]]