Dr. Mary Kathleen Stone

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 06/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Mary Kathleen Stone has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2650254
16/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr Stone cared for my daughter starting her 3rd trimester (my dtrs OB/Gyn gave short notice that he was moving OOT and he didnt have partners). I'm an RN that worked maternity and researched Dr Stone thoroughly as soon as finding out that my dtrs Dr was leaving. Dr Stone was incredible from the beginning. Very compassionate about my dtrs fears of changing to a new Dr, especially considering my daughter had complications with her pregnancy. She worked my daughter in within a couple days of contacting her. Dr Stone had reviewed all of my daughters previous med / prenatal care, my daughter felt like she had been seeing her for years. Dr Stone is very proactive, discussing all options with my daughter and her husband regarding her c-section and other necessary care, even calling me with my dtr present to inform me of the options. My dtrs c-section, follow up care went flawlessly. Dr Stone even made follow up calls to my dtr. I agree with another review if we could give her 10s we would.
RID: 2612775
09/04/13 3 1 4 4 I agree she can be compassionate. However it isn't always the case. I am sorry but I do not have great respect for her. Her word is not what she lives by. She judged me and wasnt there when I realky needed her, passed me off to someone else. I thought she was amazing at first. But there was more to her that was sad and disappointing.
RID: 2510843

24/12/12 1 1 1 1 My ob was not available so I agreed to see Dr. Stone. She was so cold and degrading I left the hospital 37 weeks pregnant (measuring 44) in tears on Christmas eve. She spent the entire appointment talking down to me every chance she got. This was my third pregnancy so I know what to expect, but she was AWFUL! She even told me I need to have quiet time at 6pm every night (like I'm a child) and said I shouldn't be coming in so much because I don't have maternity coverage. I couldn't even enjoy my baby's heartbeat because she spent the whole time lecturing me on everything. I told her my c-section scar is tender, but she pressed as hard as she could to measure my uterus. Three hours later it still hurts. If you like the ob to treat you like you are stupid, physically harm you, and make you so upset that you end up crying in the parking lot then she is the right ob for you.
RID: 1726431
01/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Stone has been most impressive in my plight to understand a severe form of perinatal preeclampsia. She has taken the time to explain in any detail my condition and help me to sort through options for treatment and future pregnancy or a decision to avoid a future pregnancy as the case may be. She is compassionate, a straight shooter, and I appreciate her forward nature and style. I value honesty and a doctor who can explain my health to me and she has exceeded any and and all expectations during my hospitalization and beyond.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 1683521
11/01/12 5 3 5 5 Probably the most caring, compassionate doctor you will ever meet. Takes the time to work with you in figuring out issues & treatment. Refers without hesitation if she does not have answer. Educator and encourager.
RID: 1495289
25/07/11 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Stone for over 15 years and she is wonderful. She really cares about you!!! Tell her what is bothering you and she will help you.  Respond
RID: 1493031
21/07/11 2 2 3 3 Referred from my family physician but was disappointed when she acted as if I was crazy because my menopause was causing alot of tension in my family and work. Will not go back!
See Responses
RID: 1472680
25/06/11 5 5 5 4 Dr. Stone was on call the day some results came in that I was very anxious to hear. Not only did she try all my contact numbers until she got me, she also patiently/thoroughly explained the news and kindly offered to call again when my husband got off work to be a resource for him, too. It was a busy evening, so I was very grateful for her attentiveness to someone who wasn't her patient. When we all got on the phone later that night, Dr. Stone was both kind and clear, and didn't sugarcoat anything. She admirably disclosed that my regular midwife (who was off that day) was the best person on the team to interpret this kind of test result. Even so, her reading was accurate, and her delivery of the news was perfect. She even answered our inane questions with amazing patience and reassurance that there are ways through--or even around!--the jungle that we're in. Thanks Dr. Stone!
Insurance: Humana
RID: 1443663
17/05/11 4 3 1 1 Rude to my nurses in front of me. Seems grouchy all the time.
RID: 1423999
24/04/11 5 5 5 5 I WISH Dr. Stone had been my OBGYN through out my entire pregnancy but, unfortunately, she only did the actually delivery. She was knowledgeable and kind, informative, helpful, and everything I wanted my regular OBGYN to be but wasn't. She was a breath of fresh air at a time when it was desperately needed and I will always be so very appreciative.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1268068
08/10/10 5 4 5 5 Thanks to this site, I chose Dr. Stone as my gyneacologist when I was pregnant and I am so glad I did. She's is very patient, kind & gentle. She answers all my questions patiently withot rushing me. I was fortunate to have my baby delivered by her & I never would have felt so comfortable with someone else. Her nurse Lynn is very sweet. I sincerely recommend Dr. Stone & you'll never be disappointed.
RID: 1259318
27/09/10 5 3 5 5 Dr. Stone is the best OBGYN doctor ever! She was great throughout my pregnancy and wonderful during my c-section. She always made me feel very comfortable and took her time in explaining things and answering questions. You will not find a more caring d octor!  Respond
RID: 1185111
08/06/10 2 5 5 5 Dr. Stone saved mine and my baby's life! I suffered a very rare complication during delivery and Dr. Stone knew just what to do. If I had selected a less experienced doctor neither of us would have survived, so I think she is a saint. She had come in on her day off to deliver me, and I thank God every day that she did. She is also very down to earth, and has a great bed-side manner. I have been in healthcare for 13 years and wouldn't go to anyone else. All of my doctors also go to her. Her nurse Lynn, is also wonderful! The only bad thing I can say is that it is immpossible to get an appointment with her now (evidently the word is out on how great she is). I tried to get a follow up after the delivery and was put off for three months by a not-very-nice scheduler, and I called in January for my annual exam and was put off until September and then was called back and moved even farther out.
RID: 1161148
02/05/10 5 4 5 5 Sr Stone is a diamond among obgyns. She takes the time to talk to you and listens. She will call you personally to discuss lab and test results. She explaines what she is doing during exams and makes the visits less stressful. Her nurse is great as well as the rest of the office staff. I would not go to any one else even thouhg there arte tiomes when sr stone is unable to be there due to emergencies and long wait times (probably due to her being such a great doctor)
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1127524
14/03/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Stone is very caring and makes you feel comfortable. I have had a couple of things where I had to go to a specialist, but she always was willing to answer questions.
RID: 856478
08/04/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. Stone was my obgyn for my first pregnancy. From the beginning, she was caring, gentle, always made the time to listen to the questions my husband and I had and never rushed us. At every appt, she would tell me what she was going to do and provide me with all the information from the exams and measurements she made. I had to once have a different Dr. see me as Dr. Stone was out that day, and that doctor was so rough, I regretted not waiting to schedule my appt with Dr. Stone when she was back. Since this was my first pregnancy, I was obviously excited, but so was Dr. Stone, even though she has see many pregnancies and babies and it was not a first for her. She treated us like as though we were her only patients! My baby arrived two weeks earlier than the due date and she was unfortunately out of town at that time, but she still came to see the baby when she got back. Our baby is now over a year old, but we still often think of Dr. Stone and feel so happy that she was there for us.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 823324
10/03/09 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Stone's for over 22 years. Waiting on her for the emergencies she has is well worth it. She takes each patient on as an individual and shows care and compassion. Although I am well past child bearing and knowing how busy she is makes me feel guilty that I won't change doctors! Her nurse is terrific and Dr. Stone is wonderful - why would I ever leave?
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 799551
24/02/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kathleen Stone is one of the most incredible, dedicated, and caring doctors I have ever met. She always goes way beyond the call of duty. I have been a patient of hers for over 14 years. I have 4 children all of which she has been my doctor during my pregnancies/ deliveries. 3 of my deliveries were emergency c-sections. She was by my side through it all. During my deliveries, it was scary at times not knowing what the outcome would be but thanks to Dr. Stone and her expertise and bedside manner, she made it alot more bearable. Also thanks to her expertise/experience I have 4 healthy children whom were brought safely into this world. I could never ever say enough about Dr. Kathleen Stone. She is a phenomenal doctor and person. Her nurse Lyn is also a great nurse/ person and is extremely helpful. There is not a reating high enough to give her.
RID: 557657
04/04/08 5 5 5 5 My name is Ashly Osburn i am 24 years old and a single mother of 4. I started puberty very early and my period to. I had endometreiosis and i have seen her from the time i was in 6th grade on i got pregnet with my daughter at the age of 15 she watched me very carefully and kept on my status i had multiple complications and she made sure i was doing what i was sappose to be doing she would even call in the middle of the day just to chat with my mom to make sure she made sure me and my baby was healthy and the day of my delivery she was not on call but came in anyway to check on me and the baby and she is like a second mom to me i love her and the way she does her job. Because of her i am now in college and working my way up to do what she does because i was well informed and she encouraged me to ask questions and the whole area grabed my attition i can only pray i will be as good as she is if not hopefully close she is an angel from heaven and i just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 119533
30/01/07 4 5 5 LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her!! Very down to earth - not egotistical at all. Listens and thinks outside the box, and will refer you on to additional specialists if necessary. Will always personally call you back if that is what you need. (Also, her nurse, Lyn, is wonderful!) Dr. Stone delivered my 4th (and last!) child and is now helping me navigate through my pre-menopausal years. Highly recommend her. Any inconvenience from having to wait or reschedule (due to her running late from delivering a baby) is still worth the wait.
RID: 50640
16/10/06 5 5 5 Dr. Stone has lots of experiences. She is my life savor. On the 4th day after my son was delivered, I had chest pain, shortness of breath. Even E.R doctor didn't find out what's the problem of mime. She immediately suspect I had pulmonary embolism and treated me very well. She is very helpful, very knowlegeable. I would like to give her score 10 if this web site agree. She is the god of mime.  Respond