Dr. Charles Scudamore

Rate Dr. Charles Scudamore

Dr. Charles Scudamore's Ratings

When i first met him he completely ignored me when i introduced myself and didn't answer my questions about my sick parent. He mumbled something for a few minutes, nothing that i understood, then finally said surgery needed to be done tonight and left. My poor parent was at the hospital for 3 days and no surgery was performed, the doctor was nowhere to be seen and random young doctors would come and do check ups. Dr. Scudamore did not act like a professional but a coward! He ignored calls from other doctors to help my parent and he simply did not give a damn to even answer. Best general surgeon in BC? Really? Im sure he has saved lives but this man needs to get off his high horse and realize he is also hurting people being the coward he is.

Submitted May 30, 2014 | flag

My wife had surgery by Dr.Scudamore,I would "HIGHLY" not recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 23, 2013 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Scudamore due to complications from a surgery. I saw him privately because I did not want to wait 9 months for just a consultation. He was unbelievably impatient, arrogant and late about an hour. I was dragged on for a month seeing him back and forth with absolutely no results. My FAMILY DOCTOR was able to determine the problem with a simple ultrasound. DO NOT SEE HIM PRIVATELY!!! He'll just keep taking your money.

Submitted July 21, 2013 | flag

My Mother recently went to Dr.Scudamore because she had a cancerous tumor on her liver,he said he wanted updated ultra sounds of the whole body to rule out other tumors,as you are not eligible for surgery if you have more then the one,so an appt time was booked for the ultra sound 3 weeks later.Dr.Scudamore called my Mom and told her the surgery was a go ahead and booked her in for April.She had her surgery,I asked Dr.Scudamore if he found only the one tumor,he said just one,I shook his hand and thanked him.My Mom went to her oncologist to set up her 6 months of preventive chemo and everything went great,he didn't know about the scans.She then received a call from her family doctor to come and see him immediately.She saw him this past Friday, the ultra sounds that Dr.Scudamore had,showed my Mom's lungs to be covered in tumors.Needless to say she had a completely unnecessary surgery only to find out she has 24-36 months to live. Shame on Dr.Scudamore for your money grab surgery, shame!

Submitted May 8, 2013 | flag

Dr Scudamore performed a whipple on me in July 2012. As a 25 year old, I was hesitant, but trusted dr Scudamore's expertise as I had a pancreatic tumor. Surgery went well, Scudamore tested all area for metastases. Turns out I had numerous tumors, one pre-cancerous. I am so happy I trusted his knowledge and went forward with the surgery. I was back to work in 4 weeks and final stent out after 6 weeks. I am so lucky to have has surgery with Scudamore and his team. His residents Julia, garret and shaila were wonderful too!! Ps my mother and grandmother are thankful for his surgery on them too! I would also recommend him to any MEN 1 effected patient who needs surgery, as he is very knowledgable of this endocrine disease.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2012 | flag

Be Careful:Dr Scudamore operated on my father a year ago for liver cancer.The doctors in Canada had given him no hope and refused to do a resection, so he went to Scripps Hospital in San Diego and did chemoembolization treatment with huge success that kept him healthy for 2 years. The treatment was so successful in shrinking the tumors that when my parents went back to Vancouver Scudamore said he would do the surgery. After the surgery he assured my dad he "GOT IT ALL" and he was cured.So my parents never went back to the states for treatment.As a contrast the amazing doctor at Scripps was honest with my dad that he would need the treatment every six months to maintain his health and keep him alive).My dad died a year after the Surgery.Neither Scudamore nor his staff returned any of my phone calls or emails begging for help and info we needed.Had Scudamore been honest with my father he would be alive today.Also my friend just lost her mom and went through the same thing with Scudamore.

Submitted July 11, 2012 | flag

Dr Scudamore saved my husbands life with an emergecy Liver operation. We did not see him prior to surgery as it all happened so quickly. Since the operation we both feel so lucky that we got him for our Dr. Some of the people below should think back as to what there attitude was, if you give a good attitude to the staff, that are run off their feet, they will try their hardest for you.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2012 | flag

This Dr. is the greatest guy in the world, he was extremely helpful, honest and always available if I or anyone in my family had any questions along the way. He made me and my families feel at ease about getting the whipple procedure done. I underwent the whipple procedure in November 2010, even though the recovery of the operation is a bit harsh, Dr. Scudamore was there every step of the way to give information and to ensure you that he was there for you 24/7. I owe this man my gratitude and respect. Norbert

Submitted Aug. 15, 2011 | flag

I hear other people say that Dr. Scudamore in not a warm person. I do not understand this. He has been kind and caring to my immediate family (dad and husband)and many extended family. I was diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer in 1998 and had to have whipple surgery (along with chemo). When I had recurrent pancreatitis, from the remaining pancreas, he performed a peustow surgery - which gave me a few more useable years. I was able to get pregnant and have a child. When the pancreatitis continued, he performed a total pancreactomy. Now he is going to arrange for me to be on the transplant list for a cadaveor pancreas. Really, for those complaining, who is going to work harder for you to live. Please also remember that he is a human too.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2011 | flag

Anyone who is lucky enough to have Dr. Scudamore and his team operate on them will not be disappointed. They performed a whipple for me June 2009 and I have had a complete recovery. Although the surgery and recovery is brutal anyone not sure if they should go for it or not I say GO FOR IT. Listen to the doctors. Thank You Dr. Scudamore and to your talented, caring team that saved my life. My children and grandchildren thank you too. Maureen

Submitted Oct. 18, 2010 | flag