Rate Dr. Charles Scudamore

Dr. Charles Scudamore's Ratings

Dr. Scudamore has little bedside manner, but he makes up for it with his knowledge & skill. If you have serious questions, write them down so you don't forget them. He did surgery on my sister who had stage 4 pancreas cancer which had spread to her liver. She had been ignored by her GP after many complaints & had been given Ranitadine for her stomach pain. She was unable to change doctors as she lived in a mental health boarding home. Dr. Scudamore gave her 2 1/2 more years with her family. I believe he is short with patients, because he is busy saving lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2742551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

Thank goodness for Dr. Scudamore! Was finally able to end 5 years of tests and journeys to different specialists for my special needs daughter. He was direct, thorough and knowledgeable. He helped us get a plan in place, described the surgery in details we could understand and got it done in a timely manner. We can also not say enough about the office receptionist. She was incredibly helpful with anything we needed or asked for :) Thank you Dr. Scudamore!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2739551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2015

not impressed at all, i cannot say anything at all other than i would never see him again even if he paid me. horrible experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2662074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

I went with my mom to Dr Scudamore's office and can not say enough about how amazing he is. His receptionist was lovely and helpful, he was amazing apologizing for being a little late as he had to perform a liver transplant. He gave us his thoughts on diagnosis first to assure us and them went over in detail not only regarding the spot on moms pancreas and why his thoughts were such but even other information regarding the fracture in her spine due to osteo. He had a great sense of humour which how heavy his job is was a breath of fresh air. He followed up with detailed testing and was very thorough in telling us all the possibilities. If I ever need a surgeon with his speciality (which I hope I don't) I would not go to anyone else but Dr Scudamore unless I had no other option.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2629624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2014

I can understand how some people might not like Dr Scudamore as he can come off a little cold when you first meet him , but really he's just extremely focused.
I was lucky enough to have him perform a liver resection to remove a very large tour from 3 segments of my liver and he only left a very clean 4 inch scar. Prior to meeting him I was told that I would need to take 12+ weeks off of work to recover , but I was back to work after only 2 weeks!!
I met him once (14 months prior to surgery) and we met for about 30 minutes where he explained that how my procedure would work and how it would be different from most based on the location of my tumour. His office assistant followed up with several time to make sure all of my labs were constantly up to day while I was waiting for my surgery as well. The only bad thing I could say is that it would have been nice to talk to him the days of my surgery versus his residents, but all three of them were fabulous doctors and never felt that I wasn't in capable hands the entire time I was in the hospital.
I have my one month follow up with him next week and I'm looking forward to seeing the before and after MRIs.
The only bad thing I can say about the entire experience is how long it took to see him but I feel that it was 100% worth the wait. I also understand that some people would be frustrated by how little they saw him when they were in the hospital, but like I said before his residents do a fabulous job and I understood that I wasn't going to see him much because really it wasn't necessary, and his time was best spent in the operating room versus doing rounds. I only saw him twice during my 1 week stay, but I never felt that I was left in the dark.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2520349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2014

When i first met him he completely ignored me when i introduced myself and didn't answer my questions about my sick parent. He mumbled something for a few minutes, nothing that i understood, then finally said surgery needed to be done tonight and left. My poor parent was at the hospital for 3 days and no surgery was performed, the doctor was nowhere to be seen and random young doctors would come and do check ups. Dr. Scudamore did not act like a professional but a coward! He ignored calls from other doctors to help my parent and he simply did not give a damn to even answer. Best general surgeon in BC? Really? Im sure he has saved lives but this man needs to get off his high horse and realize he is also hurting people being the coward he is.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2457271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

My wife had surgery by Dr.Scudamore,I would "HIGHLY" not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1923539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Scudamore due to complications from a surgery. I saw him privately because I did not want to wait 9 months for just a consultation. He was unbelievably impatient, arrogant and late about an hour. I was dragged on for a month seeing him back and forth with absolutely no results. My FAMILY DOCTOR was able to determine the problem with a simple ultrasound. DO NOT SEE HIM PRIVATELY!!! He'll just keep taking your money.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1923538].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

My Mother recently went to Dr.Scudamore because she had a cancerous tumor on her liver,he said he wanted updated ultra sounds of the whole body to rule out other tumors,as you are not eligible for surgery if you have more then the one,so an appt time was booked for the ultra sound 3 weeks later.Dr.Scudamore called my Mom and told her the surgery was a go ahead and booked her in for April.She had her surgery,I asked Dr.Scudamore if he found only the one tumor,he said just one,I shook his hand and thanked him.My Mom went to her oncologist to set up her 6 months of preventive chemo and everything went great,he didn't know about the scans.She then received a call from her family doctor to come and see him immediately.She saw him this past Friday, the ultra sounds that Dr.Scudamore had,showed my Mom's lungs to be covered in tumors.Needless to say she had a completely unnecessary surgery only to find out she has 24-36 months to live. Shame on Dr.Scudamore for your money grab surgery, shame!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1923540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Dr Scudamore performed a whipple on me in July 2012. As a 25 year old, I was hesitant, but trusted dr Scudamore's expertise as I had a pancreatic tumor. Surgery went well, Scudamore tested all area for metastases. Turns out I had numerous tumors, one pre-cancerous. I am so happy I trusted his knowledge and went forward with the surgery. I was back to work in 4 weeks and final stent out after 6 weeks. I am so lucky to have has surgery with Scudamore and his team. His residents Julia, garret and shaila were wonderful too!! Ps my mother and grandmother are thankful for his surgery on them too! I would also recommend him to any MEN 1 effected patient who needs surgery, as he is very knowledgable of this endocrine disease.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1923537].votes_count ]]