Dr. William A. Abelove

Foreign Lang: Russian

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 22 reviews. Dr. William A. Abelove has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Dr. Recently died.?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5591457
01/07/14 5 5 5 5 I saw dr. Abelove a couple years ago and now I'm trying to get in contact with his office and the numbers are disconnected. Does anyone know their new number  Respond
RID: 3586654
25/10/13 1 1 4 4 Its 2:16 office staff suppose to be back at 2pm...this is typical of his staff, plan on a half a day wait to see Dr Abelove.... He needs a new staff....
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "William" to "William A."
RID: 2879737
26/09/13 1 1 4 4 Dr Abelove is a great doctor. Listens to his patients and treats them accordingly, doesn't just treat you by numbers. Really cares how you are feeling. His staff on the other hand, leave a lot to be desired. They never pick up the phone when calling to make an appointment and if you leave a message, they rarely call you back. They are constantly overbooking patients as well. As a matter of fact, I have now been waiting to see the doctor for almost 2hrs!! Dr Abelove is a great doctor and I would hate to have to go elsewhere, but this is unacceptable. Be prepared to wait a LONG time if you book an appt at this office!
RID: 2541219
25/01/13 5 4 5 5 I ended up at this practice because I got an appointment within the week of my call. Dr. Abelove is so knowledgeable! He made me feel comfortable and gain my trust by explaining everything to detail. He even sent to have me tested for a condition I didn't even realize I could have, but he noticed it just by looking at me. I am currently awaiting results and will continue to see him. I think he is experienced and you can't put a price on that.
Respond

11/04/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "MIAMI" to "Weston"
RID: 1257595
23/09/10 5 5 5 5 The best in the country for hormone levels.Anti aging expert..
Insurance: Humana
RID: 1185025
08/06/10 5 5 5 5 Excellent knowledge and willing to share it. Thorough care and good references. I am very happy to find him.  Respond
RID: 1025687
04/11/09 1 1 4 4 Not a bad doctor, although doesnt respect privacy much. The walls in the office are paper thin and he talks loud. You hear everything he tells the patients in the room next to you. You have to tell him to whisper but he still talks pretty loud. Also absolutely impossible to get a hold of. Just forget calling. Way understaffed will literally take you days to get a hold of someone on the phone to get an appt a month or two out. Most frustrating thing. Try another doctor your health may depend on it!
RID: 982127
08/09/09 2 4 5 5 Dr. Abelove is a very nice and caring doctor. He wants you to feel your best and will go beyond what the blood tests say to give you the meds that have you feeling better (I had my thyroid removed 9 yrs. ago). He put me on armour thyroid and stronger dose, where other doctors put me on less and wouldn't even consider armour thyroid nor consider listening to me and how I crummy I was feeling. That said there are two downfalls: his office is almost impossible to get a hold of and I am afraid he will retire soon. Ugh, what will I do then?
RID: 872006
27/04/09 4 4 5 5 Dr Abelove actually takes the time to listen and you can tell that he is not just in this field for the money. He is very caring and knowledgable and I don't mind traveling from far to see him because its worth it. The only problem i find is that it is hard to reach the office at times.
Insurance: Assurant
RID: 858592
11/04/09 5 5 5 5 He is very knowlegable and thurough, I have suffered from Hashimoto's Disease for years and have been mis diagnosed for years. I feel 100% better after Dr. Abelove put me on Armor. I cant say more for this doctor, he really knows about Thyroid conditions.
RID: 820304
08/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Abelove is the best and is very knowledgeable and helpful. I also love the staff and their great service (sometimes hard to get but I understand that they are very busy). Rated AAAAA+
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 788688
12/02/09 5 3 5 5 Dr. Abelove is the best! I have been suffering for over 10 years with hormonal problems. Dr. Abelove ordered the tests that other doctors should have ordered for me years ago. Incidently, they may have found the root of all of my suffering. Just in one month he found what others failed to even search for in ten years. I feel confident, for the first time in my life, I will be helped. Dr. Abelove listens and he cares. If I ever move away from Florida, you can bet I would fly back just to see him. I've recommended all of my friends with hormonal problems to him. I don't care about the wait time for my appointment, I just bring work with me to keep me busy. Wait time is a small price to pay when you consider that you will finally be helped.
RID: 781909
05/02/09 3 2 5 5 I had my thyroid removed years ago. Other endos gave me the runaround and wouldn't even hear me out or pay attention to the fact that I don't really feel healthy. They never cared about my symptoms and always told me my blood results showed I'm fine. Dr. Abelove, however, actually spent time with me, listened to everything I had to say, agreed that I need to reevaluate my meds(Synthroid) and changed me to Armour. I would definitely rate Dr. Abelove highly and reccomend him, especially to thyroid patients who have had bad luck with other subpar endos...  Respond
RID: 662005
11/08/08 2 1 5 5 I love Dr. Abelove. He seems to genuinely care about his patients. He takes time to listen to your symptoms & concerns. He takes the time to explain what is going on inside your body that is causing you to feel the way you are feeling. He does all of this before prescribing any medications and sending you on your way. I have referred many friends and family. Everyone loves him.
RID: 626997
30/06/08 5 4 5 5 I think that the staff is very nice and Dr Abelove is the best. I will be coming from California every 6 months to see him for my thyroid tests,  Respond
RID: 451402
28/11/07 1 1 5 5 Excellent doctor. Very caring and thorough. I am not through with all my troubles with hormones and thyroid, but feel that I'm on my way. I drive a long way to see Dr. Abelove, but it is well worth it. Staff, however, are rude and make you feel less than human. Would recommend Dr. Abelove anyway. He's the best!!!  See Responses
RID: 436730
30/10/07 5 3 5 5 This doctor helped me out! I had been going from endocrinologist to endocrinologist without getting help. I was 10 years with hypothyroidism way out of control. He is the first one to get me feeling somewhat normal.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 242274
29/03/07 3 5 5 This man SAVED MY LIFE! Since 2004 I travel from Orlando to see him since no other physician in Orlando could diagnosis a nonfunctioning thyroid!!Go figure. The staff is busy but I have had no problem in contacting them. Who really cares about the staff when it is Dr. Abelove that you are seeing? He is the BEST! Worth any travel, wait or busy phone lines......  Respond
RID: 52862
27/10/06 2 5 5 Awesome doctor--extremely caring, good listener, able to work through issues to solutions. He prescribes HGH and hormone combinations--as an endocronologist and an anti-aging doctor. He has been in practice for 50 years--and is still on the leading edge.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 47687
27/09/06 1 5 5 In April, 2005, at 57, I was diagnosed with Type-2 Diabetes; Dr. Abelove was caring, sympathetic and empathetic to the point where he explained that diet, exercise and being aware of things, could control the problem to where it would never be a problem. I would have been a basket case had it not been for his thoroughness & compassion. His office staff, on the other hand, could care less and Dr. Abelove is so busy he does not see the inefficiency. Something like ORDER IN CHAOS.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 32803
19/06/06 1 2 5 Long wait hard to reach by phone and weeks to get results back. The office is always out to lunch and forget to reactivate the phone
RID: 3362
24/11/04 4 5 5 Former Director of Internal Medicine for U of Miami. Very knowledgable in Thyroid and diabetes. Is very open to working with the patient. Will prescribe Armour Thyroid (natural thyroid hormone)
See Responses