Rate Dr. J. Wesley Clayton

Dr. J. Wesley Clayton's Ratings

Absolutely the best Doctor in the world.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2014 | flag

Loved him! He was wonderful and very professional. Great bedside manor. The man knows his stuff. I recommend him to everyone now. :)

Submitted April 26, 2013 | flag

Dr. Clayton's staff are dedicated to him and to all of their patients. I have known them now since Dr. Clayton first did my gall bladder surgery in 2008. He also repaired 2 hernia's, put in a porto-cathe for my chemothersapy...which was preceded by him saving my life after performing surgery to remove a stage III tumor from my colon.....which he found during a routine colonoscopy......need I say any more? He saved my life! This man and his staff are clearly a cut above the rest in every aspect!

Submitted Jan. 10, 2013 | flag

Great doctor! And I travel all the way from Maryland to receive care.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2010 | flag

I was sent to Dr Clayton in Sept 2006 by my PCP to look at a suspicious mole. He opted to remove it and biopsy it, and turned out to be pre-cancerous. That started a series of surgeries that have occured over the past few years, several moles have been removed, and one was found to be melanoma. Over the course of the last few years, Dr Clayton has been more than a Dr to me. He and his staff have been absolutely excellent with my care, always taking my best interests into consideration with every care decision made. He has an amazing gift of caring for his patients, excellent bedside manners, and has absolutely always taken the time to explain every little thing to me in order to ensure I fully understand what is going on. He even recommended I see someone at Johns Hopkins, which I did, and as good as they are - I choose to stay with Dr Clayton vs going back there. In my opinion, he is taking better care of me than the "specialists" there.

Submitted June 3, 2009 | flag

Dr. Clayton has taken apart and rebuilt several members of my family in various surgical situations. Awesome job every time! He's very direct and knowledgeable, with a good sense of humor. He's the man to call when you're in need of a repair!

Submitted March 18, 2009 | flag

Dr. Clayton is the best surgeon in Delaware. Very personal and explains everything to you in laymans terms. I highly recommend him to anyone needing surgery. His staff are pleasant and a pleasure to speak to. Alex T.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2008 | flag

Outstanding doctor in EVERY way. Gets patients in quickly, excellent diagnostician, highly skilled, addresses needs effieciantly, explains in detail, answers all questions w/o rushing, great bedside manner,TRULY cares about his patients. He did 2 surgeries, a femorial hernia, which he DX'd immediately on initial appt, after 2 other doctors told me the pain was in my head. I had surgery promptly,total success. He saw me after a gallbladder attack,scheduled surgery promptly, I recovered quickly w/o very little pain. Earlier this year I sent my married daughter to him when she had a severe gallbladder attack,an emergency, severly infected, ready to burst. The OR staff was astounded w his ability to safely remove it arthoscopically w/o an open incision, less pain, quicker recovery. Just referred my neighbor gallbladder surgery, she called immediately to thank me for the referral. His staff is great,efficienty,friendly,helpful. I'd recommend him to anyone in a heart beat.

Submitted July 23, 2007 | flag