You may also like

Rate Dr. Simon Lichtiger

Dr. Simon Lichtiger's Ratings

If not for Dr. Lichtiger's diagnosis and treatment over the many years she has had UC, she probably would not be alive today. There is never a time when she calls him that he does not respond immediately and gives her the right advice. She has gone through other medical crises in her lifetime and he is always supportive and there for her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2787548].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I saw Dr. Lichtiger after reading the reviews on this website. First of all his staff is extremely unprofessional and rude. They told me that my insurance was covered and then later billed me out of pocket expense of almost $1000 for a visit. I felt robbed and deceived... to say the least.

Monetary concerns are one thing, it would have been well worth it to spend on my self if I had seen a good doctor. I think Dr. Lichtiger must have been good in the past but I think he is too old to be practicing now.

He made me wait 2.5hours to see him and that too on a weekday when I just told my manager I will be away from my desk a couple of hours only.

To top everything he told me I had a gallstone that was passing through my gall bladder and I might need surgery. He gave me this diagnosis without the ultrasound that I had gotten done before hand. Later the ultrasound disproved his diagnosis. The thing is that any doctor will do well piggy backing off medical technology and diagnostics. The question is if you have been a gastroenterologist all your life you should be able to touch a patient and know what's wrong. That's called experience and what a good knowledgeable doctor would have at his age.

It was an overall terrible experience and I don't recommend him at all!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2754857].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 22, 2015

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2507317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

I made an appointment with Dr. Lichtiger based on the positive reviews found on this site. I had first seen a GI doc who talked fast and did very little listening. I was looking for someone new to work with. Dr. Lichtiger was one of the most thorough docs I have met with. He asked many questions about my condition and my history. He took his time and appeared genuinely interested. Since I am a nurse I could see that he was asking important questions to develop his diagnosis. He performed a sigmoidoscopy due to bleeding. Luckily, findings were benign. He was professional and careful. I highly recommend this doctor. The only downside was that I had to pay out of pocket since he did not accept my insurance. However, it was worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926120].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2012

I agree with every positive comment here 10 fold. If I could rate him 5 million I would! It's an understatement to say he's an exceptional doctor: his expertise, caring, sensitivity and thoroughness are top notch. He helped me with my colitis when no one else could. He does everything he can to find a way to help, and his top concern is the patient's well being. The front desk (while efficient and "to the point" organized) are caring and took a real interest in my physical and emotional well being when I was most sick. Dr. Lichtiger is a rare and wonderful doctor and human being.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1926119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2011

From my first meeting with Dr. Lichtiger I knew he was the right match for me. He is a sensitive and caring doctor and truly wants only the best for his patients. He has a very comforting bed side manner and he is an expert in his field. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1926118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2011

Dr. Lichtiger is so helpful and was very thorough with discussing my issue. I think he is excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2011

Dr. Lichtiger is not only a great doctor, he is a great human being. This is a very rare and special combination. From the moment I switched over to him I felt hopeful for the first time in a while. I have been to many doctors and never have I encountered one as special and devoted as Dr. Lichtiger.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926116].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2011

Dr Lichtiger turned my life around - only after talking with him for the first 5 minutes did I already believe I found the right doctor - I recommend him to EVERYONE

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926115].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Went for a colonoscopy. I was impressed by the thoroughness of his exam and the depth of the patient history that he took. Procedure went incredibly smoothly. Did, however, have a problem with paying for the procedure up front. The intake form still had an authorization at the bottom for the insurance co. to pay the Dr. directly. Leads me to believe that not all patients are required to pay up front. Oh, and the insurance company only covers half of this fee. I was referred and I received excellent care. But insurance/out-of-pocket costs are a concern.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926114].votes_count ]]