Dr. C Wesley Emfinger

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 23/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. C Wesley Emfinger has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

09/07/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2612274
09/04/13 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr Emfinger for 13 years and find him to be a very thorough physician. Admittedly, he does not get in a hurry dx things but he is a great listener and will take the time to explain things to you. I recently have had both gallbladder and heart issues. He did an EKG and took the time to print the tracings to show me. He did not just tell me it was okay. Even though the EKG at the time it was taken was okay- he sent me to a cardiologist who was able to dx and tx my condition. If you are someone wanting pain meds or muscle relaxers- he is NOT the dr for you. He will give you meds for the acute sx's but won't prescribe long term. I am okay with that because if you have chronic pain you should be seeing a specialist who would prescribe those meds. I also love his staff Lori and Cheryl. They are always friendly and upbeat when you are in the office. I currently drive from Pleasant View to Bellvue to see him about 25 miles one ay and will continue to do so until he retires.
RID: 2473025
13/11/12 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Emfinger for over 20 years and he is not the only Dr. I have but he is the most caring.He treats me with respect and is very careful about prescribing meds. He does not over prescribe antibiotics and pain meds! I am very happy with him and hope he continues to be my Dr. for a long time!!!  Respond
RID: 1753120

17/03/12 4 4 1 2 Dr. Emfinger is probably the worse doctor besides Emergency rooms doctors that i've ever been to. He refuses to learn anything new. He only treats the same basic ailments over and over. I went in with a knee injury, ended up walking around with no ACL or meniscus cartiledge for a YEAR causing WAY MORE irreparable damage. He gave me an inhaler and said to get more exercise. He may have been a good doctor in his hay day, but the purple snakeskin cowboy boots went out in the 70's just like his practice. I beg my father to go to another doctor because he hasn't gotten better, only worse. He says the only reason he continues to go to him is so he'll still have patients. Sorry, Wesley but i think its time you retire.
RID: 1469565
21/06/11 3 4 3 2 He was our primary care physician for several years. Poor bedside manner. Whatever I was there for, his very first question was always, "When was your last period?" My husband died at 61 of clogged arteries under Dr. Emfinger's care and I'll always wonder if a more aggressive doctor could have averted his cardiac arrest.
RID: 1353065
02/02/11 4 3 1 1 I have been going to Dr. Emfinger for a few years. He is horrible, all he does is look at his lpatop click a few buttons and does not listen to the patient. I have had the same pain issues before and told him what works for my body. He would not perscribe any medicine and gave me a shot. I mean really! I am not going back to him again, I am going to find a real Dr who doesnt use WebMD to try and diagnose his patients. He is nice but not very knowledgeable. He awlays refered me to some other type of Dr because he was clueless. I recommend going to a Dr at Vandy or St. Thomas.
RID: 1158599
28/04/10 5 5 5 5 WE HAVE BEEN WITH DR.E FOR TWENTY YEARS AND HE IS SECOND TO NONE.VERY CARING,THOROUGH,WILLING TO PUT HIMSELF IN HIS PATIENTS SHOES.HE GIVES BACK FAR MORE THAN HE RECEIVES.HE HAS WORKED THROUGH LUNCH TO CARE FOR MY WIFE ON MORE THAN ONE OCASSION.SECOND TO NONE.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 918830
21/06/09 2 5 1 1 you can tell he went to a state med. school. doesn't know how to treat pain. but knows how to run test and run up med. bill just like most doctors.they are theives,take your money and does nothing for you. and yes nothing but nsaids,there deadly always being recalled.  Respond
RID: 903642
03/06/09 4 5 4 5 I've had Dr. Emfinger as a doctor for a few years. He has done pretty well for me and he definitely knew how to get my cholesterol and triglycerides down to a reasonable level. I have genetic issues that cause me to have very high numbers. Other than that, you have to be pro-active in your own care and ask a lot of questions. I will continue to see him.
RID: 871564
27/04/09 4 5 3 3 like most doctors not very good at treating pain(most docs have about an hour of study on pain)nice guy but needs more info about pain meds,nsaids are worse than hydrocodone(mayo clinic,beth isreal all agree)for heart and storke nsaids are the worst over all.there is a huge list of nsaids either recalled or pulled from the market,since 1946 hydrocodone never has.learn the facts,only a 3 percent addiction rate if used as prescribed.nice staff,nice doc just needs better info.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 836796
20/03/09 4 5 5 5 My family goes to Dr. Emfinger. I've always found him to be helpful and attentive.
RID: 724106
17/11/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Emfinger is very knowledgeable and helpful. When I came in with a lump in my breast, he personally called the hospital to get my mammogram that day. When the radiologist said it didn't look like cancer, Dr. Emfinger told me to see a surgeon and get a biopsy anyway. It was cancer. Because he was proactive, I got started on treatment sooner than I would have.  Respond
RID: 670112
21/08/08 4 4 2 1 This man is a horrible doctor. His staff is nice enough, but they also agreed with me when i said " i need a new doctor!" He doesn't ask any questions, he doesn't tell you what medications he's prescribing and why, he pretty much knows the general maladies and diagnoses the same thing over and over regardless of your symptoms. I could go in there with a busted knee and he would give me an inhaler! It's just time for this man to retire, or go back to Med school!
RID: 113316
25/01/07 5 1 1 He is nice enough, but not proactive, did not give adequate attention and action to my diabetes. I wasted years with him, and finally found a good doc at Vandy who has changed my life as a diabetic!
RID: 49143
05/10/06 4 3 1 Responsible for my brother's undiagnosed type 2 diabetes turning into type 1. I had him myself and found him to be impotent as a doctor.... seems like a clock puncher.  Respond