Rate Dr. C Wesley Emfinger

Dr. C Wesley Emfinger's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr Emfinger for 13 years and find him to be a very thorough physician. Admittedly, he does not get in a hurry dx things but he is a great listener and will take the time to explain things to you. I recently have had both gallbladder and heart issues. He did an EKG and took the time to print the tracings to show me. He did not just tell me it was okay. Even though the EKG at the time it was taken was okay- he sent me to a cardiologist who was able to dx and tx my condition. If you are someone wanting pain meds or muscle relaxers- he is NOT the dr for you. He will give you meds for the acute sx's but won't prescribe long term. I am okay with that because if you have chronic pain you should be seeing a specialist who would prescribe those meds. I also love his staff Lori and Cheryl. They are always friendly and upbeat when you are in the office. I currently drive from Pleasant View to Bellvue to see him about 25 miles one ay and will continue to do so until he retires.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Emfinger for over 20 years and he is not the only Dr. I have but he is the most caring.He treats me with respect and is very careful about prescribing meds. He does not over prescribe antibiotics and pain meds! I am very happy with him and hope he continues to be my Dr. for a long time!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2012

Dr. Emfinger is probably the worse doctor besides Emergency rooms doctors that i've ever been to. He refuses to learn anything new. He only treats the same basic ailments over and over. I went in with a knee injury, ended up walking around with no ACL or meniscus cartiledge for a YEAR causing WAY MORE irreparable damage. He gave me an inhaler and said to get more exercise. He may have been a good doctor in his hay day, but the purple snakeskin cowboy boots went out in the 70's just like his practice. I beg my father to go to another doctor because he hasn't gotten better, only worse. He says the only reason he continues to go to him is so he'll still have patients. Sorry, Wesley but i think its time you retire.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2012

He was our primary care physician for several years. Poor bedside manner. Whatever I was there for, his very first question was always, "When was your last period?" My husband died at 61 of clogged arteries under Dr. Emfinger's care and I'll always wonder if a more aggressive doctor could have averted his cardiac arrest.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Emfinger for a few years. He is horrible, all he does is look at his lpatop click a few buttons and does not listen to the patient. I have had the same pain issues before and told him what works for my body. He would not perscribe any medicine and gave me a shot. I mean really! I am not going back to him again, I am going to find a real Dr who doesnt use WebMD to try and diagnose his patients. He is nice but not very knowledgeable. He awlays refered me to some other type of Dr because he was clueless. I recommend going to a Dr at Vandy or St. Thomas.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2011

WE HAVE BEEN WITH DR.E FOR TWENTY YEARS AND HE IS SECOND TO NONE.VERY CARING,THOROUGH,WILLING TO PUT HIMSELF IN HIS PATIENTS SHOES.HE GIVES BACK FAR MORE THAN HE RECEIVES.HE HAS WORKED THROUGH LUNCH TO CARE FOR MY WIFE ON MORE THAN ONE OCASSION.SECOND TO NONE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926421].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

you can tell he went to a state med. school. doesn't know how to treat pain. but knows how to run test and run up med. bill just like most doctors.they are theives,take your money and does nothing for you. and yes nothing but nsaids,there deadly always being recalled.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926420].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2009

I've had Dr. Emfinger as a doctor for a few years. He has done pretty well for me and he definitely knew how to get my cholesterol and triglycerides down to a reasonable level. I have genetic issues that cause me to have very high numbers. Other than that, you have to be pro-active in your own care and ask a lot of questions. I will continue to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

like most doctors not very good at treating pain(most docs have about an hour of study on pain)nice guy but needs more info about pain meds,nsaids are worse than hydrocodone(mayo clinic,beth isreal all agree)for heart and storke nsaids are the worst over all.there is a huge list of nsaids either recalled or pulled from the market,since 1946 hydrocodone never has.learn the facts,only a 3 percent addiction rate if used as prescribed.nice staff,nice doc just needs better info.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

My family goes to Dr. Emfinger. I've always found him to be helpful and attentive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1926417].votes_count ]]