Dr. Andrew S. Barak

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 2.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. Andrew S. Barak has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endodontist (root canal)-related: dentist, root canals
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5339594

10/04/14 1 1 1 1 Worse endodonist in the history of denustry. Working under unsanitary conditions. When performing root canal no water suction tube to get rid of any debris. Dental assistant offers no water for rinsing. The dentist who worked in his office Dr. Symekin drilled to far trying to remove a post and drilled too far into my bone. The dentist Sr Barak and Dr. Symekin will ignore the fact that you are experiencing pain. Then upon final treatment after injecting me with 3 shots for numbing he stops and says "oh I better take an xray" at which point he discovered and after yelling at me for being in pain states oh it looks like I hit the bone while drilling. No lie. No wonder I was in incruciating pain. So as a previous commenter said Little Shop of Horrors is right! Now I have a serious infection and had to lose my tooth. A dental office from hell is what they are.  Respond
RID: 2670287
04/06/13 3 3 4 5 First, I would like to give credit to the receptionist and dental assistant for being very pleasant and comforting. The dentist on the other hand was very rough. He continued to drill even though I jumped and threw my hands up. It is tough to answer whether or not you are in pain with a bunch of stuff in your mouth. I agree with the previous reviewer on all levels. He did watch TV while working on me, he did not wash his hands between me and the next patient, and at one point he almost choked me with the suction instrument. However, he was very quick with the procedure, so if you can put up with all of these other variables and be done quickly (45 minutes) than he is your dentist. Good luck!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1197577
28/06/10 5 4 5 5 I was seen there and had no problems what so ever. It was calm and relaxing, the DDS's employees where very good. My overall experience there was GOOD. I will recommend to my friends and family. I think everybody has their own experience, you would never know.
Insurance: Delta Dental
Paid (or co-pay): $1238
RID: 639608
15/07/08 2 1 1 1 This guy is very rough and unhygienic...pain, pain, pain! Works on 2 patients at a time and doesn't wash his hands in between. He merely removes the gloves and slips into the gloves on the other patient's tray, when he's done there he returns to you and slips back on the previosly used gloves he used on you. No handwashing! You'll experience plenty of pain because as he works on you, HE watches t.v.! He misses obvious signs of pain unless you moan or scream loud; as he works he looks at you intermittently as he watches t.v. Calling out supply orders, comfirming personal appts. & attending to other business...all with his hands in your mouth. Smiles, pretends to care, but is very rough and clumsy...working out some issues? He's the endodontist from the Little Shop of Horrors. As you depart, mouth throbbing, he says, (I still can't believe this) "Be sure to tell your friends...and you dentist that we did a good job!" No kidding!!! Yeah, I'll be sure to tell everybody.
Insurance: Delta Dental