Dr. Vilma Sams

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Vilma Sams has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dentist-related: cavities, gum disease, teeth cleaning, dental care, gingivitis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2918278
17/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Vilma Sams has been our family dentist for the last four years. She is knowledgeable, cordial, and very professional. Even my six years old daughter looks forward to her next visit. She loves Dr. Sams! I would truly recommend Dr. Sams, and her wonderful staff for your dental care. She is the best!
RID: 2915898
16/10/13 5 5 5 5 Recomiendo a la Dr. Vilma Sams por su trabajo professional y su oficina con technologia avansada . Y por aver salvado una piesa dental de mi hija. Gracias  Respond
RID: 2914068
15/10/13 5 5 5 5 By far the best dentist I have ever been to. I have had a handful of unpleasant experiences , but Dr. Sam's makes me have faith in the dental field once again. Not only was I impressed by her but her entire office staff from the warm welcome feeling I got as I walked in ,to her up to date dental equipment. My experience was amazing Yes amazing :) no pain what so ever, I suffer from anxiety, they accommodated my condition with a calm environment and got me in and out with a Smile :) Nadia
Insurance: AHC
RID: 2694200
25/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sams has always given me sound advice regarding the health of my teeth. She is caring and comes across as a friend. I have recommended her to several people and all of them are happy with the dental services they are receiving.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2672569
06/06/13 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Sams for the last 3 years. Her staff is professional, knowledgable and approachable. I feel very welcomed when I am in her office. The Doctor is wonderful! She has a very gentle approach which makes the dental experience more enjoyable. (PS. She gave me my first shot for my first cavity, I couldn't believe how easy it was!) She takes the time to explain why people need to have dental treatment done. I would never go anywhere else!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2620136

17/04/13 4 4 1 1 Rudest dentist I have ever met!!! She rudely told me I could not stay in the room with my children, she claimed the room was not big enough even though it was much bigger than the dentist that we used to go to. She was uncaring and and unaplogetic!! Also when I called I specifically asked if I could get both kids done at the same time and was told yes. This was not the case when I got there and she was also very rude about that!! Claiming they must have misunderstood me. This lady has no manners!!
Insurance: Providence
See Responses
RID: 2409489

24/08/12 4 4 1 1 Went to this dentist for several years. Had an ongoing issue with one of my teeth that was causing me pain. She couldn't figure out the cause. First said it was a cracked tooth, then suggested root canal. During last appt. she said I had two cavities in the tooth. Her assistant had already checked my tooth and then rechecked my tooth after she said I had cavities-assistant had a strange look on face. This set off some red flags for me. I got a second opinion with another dentist that immediately figured out the problem. No cavities. So I would have had my tooth drilled and paid money for nothing! Sorry I wasted my time with this dentist and suffered in pain when all I needed was desensitizing tooth paste! Would not recommend.  Respond
RID: 1283151
31/10/10 3 4 5 5 Love this dentist. Very helpful and kind. She bought the office from Dr Vanharmlen who was very kind as well. She has had a turnover of staff, but that is true with any Dr change in an office. I go to this doctor and so does my mother. Love her!!
Paid (or co-pay): $200
RID: 839467
23/03/09 5 5 5 5 I've been going to this dentist for years and believe the work quality is good and the charges fair. Although I wouldn't normally participate in this type of rating process I felt the clear bias of the previous rater needed to receive a response.  Respond
RID: 689864
23/09/08 1 2 1 2 Everytime I call or go there is new staff. Dr used to be partnered and since the partner left, I feel the office has gone down hill. YOU pay depending on what ins you have... There are no set fees that are the same for everyone. Like say everything in a store has a price only depending on your credit score will determin how much on sale it is... NOT FAIR! I will not be returning no my family members... And if you over pay they do not give you a check they just give you credit! Money wasted! Poor Values for someone who obiously needs to build their practice. AND LEARN HOW TO KEEP STAFF!