Dr. Kaylen M. Silverberg

Austin, Texas Map External Link
Gender:M
Specialty:Reproductive Endocrinologist
Website: txfertility.com External Link
Practice: Drs. Vaughn, Silverberg, And Assoc.
Hospital:
Phone:512-451-0149
Med. School:Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030
Grad. Year: 1984

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Kaylen M. Silverberg has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Kaylen" to "Kaylen M."
RID: 2702677
07/07/13 5 5 5 5 We struggled to get pregnant for a couple of years before we saw Dr. Silverberg. We went through various treatment plans with two other doctors, and nothing seemed to work . After my first appointment with Dr. Silverberg, he diagnosed me with something that none of the other doctors discovered. I immediately had a minor outpatient surgery, and started a new treatment plan. Dr. Silverberg was always straightforward about everything, and quickly gained our trust. He's a really busy guy, but never made us feel rushed. He's also the most knowledgable doctor that my husband and I have ever talked to. Really. We also loved his witty personality. The IVF process is very complicated and Dr. Silverberg made sure that we understood everything clearly. He and his staff were so easy to reach throughout the entire process. Overall, he's just amazing. I am now 16 weeks pregnant, and it really is all because of Dr. Silverberg.
RID: 2683676
19/06/13 5 2 5 5 Dr. Silverberg is a phenomenal fertility doctor! Where another physician failed, he was successful and now we are the proud parents of two wonderful 12 month old twins (girl and boy). Our procedure was an IUI with Gonal F injections. The 3 round was the charm!  Respond
RID: 2640582
05/05/13 4 4 5 5 I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Silverberg at Texas Fertility Center. I first met with him after going through fertility treatment for 6 months with another fertility specialist. I had lost hope when I met him, but he completely restored it. He is confident, and for good reason. My previous doctor had said I needed to move on to IVF. Dr. Silverberg presented another option, and within 3 months I was pregnant! I am now 22 weeks pregnant with our first little boy! And when we decide it is time for #2, I know I will be seeing Dr. Silverberg again!
RID: 2465209

03/11/12 1 1 1 1 I did a treatment with Dr. Silverberg. He is very unprofessional. He completely lied to me during my treatment. He would rather lie to his patients than be honest and upfront with them. I will never do another treatment with him nor would I want anyone else to receive this kind of care. Unprofessional and deceitful.  Respond
RID: 2451951
19/10/12 5 2 5 5 My husband and I feel very lucky to have had Dr Silverberg treat me for my infertility, brought on by pelvic adhesions due to an older surgery. He was patient with all my questions/concerns and even indulged my suggestions, when I balked at the idea of another surgery (due to my bad experience, earlier). After 4 failed IUIs and finally an IVF, we were successful in getting pregnant! Through all of these procedures and 2 other laparoscopies (to remove the adhesions), Dr Silverberg remained positive and encouraging, dispelling my fears and answering our questions patiently. Did we wait for him during the appointments? Sure. But it was so worth it. The TFC staff is very courteous and very prompt in answering all our questions. I will go back there in a second, if need be.  Respond
RID: 2272638
19/06/12 5 2 5 5 I think Dr. Kaylen Silverberg is one of the great ones in his field. Not only is he really knowledgeable but he has very good bed side manor which I feel is very important, especially during this sensitive process. He was genuinely happy when my husband and I got pregnant with twins. Not only did he give me a big hug my husband also received one. I was recommended to him by many people and I too have referred friends to him. The staff was also great. They knew my husband and I by name when we arrived and they we all so courteous during this long process. I highly recommend Dr. Silverberg… He gets an A+ from my husband and I.
RID: 1710638
10/02/12 5 4 5 5 I would definitely recommend Dr. Silverberg to anyone trying to conceive. He was a wonderful, caring, smart, confident doctor. He listened to all of my concerns and fears and knew exactly how to turn them around! My first IVF was a success! I am now pregnant with my first and second child. The entire staff was great. I had my own fertility nurse and then after IVF was successful had my own pregnancy nurse. They were always there to answer all of my dumb questions and no one ever treated me as if I were annoying or taking up too much of their time. Even the after-hours nurse was amazing! Anytime I called, she responded right away.
RID: 1576915
02/11/11 5 5 5 5 I felt confident that Dr. Silverberg could help my husband and I. His staff was wonderful and friendly. If I called with a question on Sunday afternoon - his nurses were able to direct me on what to do.
RID: 1513630
16/08/11 5 1 2 5 After a year of seeing Dr. Silverberg and having to wait a minimum of 30 minutes for each appointment, I finally switched to Dr. Vaughn. After I complained to Dr. Silverberg about having to wait for one particular appointment (over 30 min), he told his best friend had committed suicide the night before and that's why he was late. Okay, sorry to hear that, but what about ALL the other times??? He was also very abrupt and didn't like that I was researching information online. I was MUCH happier when I started seeing Dr. Vaughn!  Respond
RID: 1500863
01/08/11 5 4 5 5 Experiencing fertility issues can be emotionally devastating. However, Dr. Silverberg's approach makes a very frustrating issue a hopeful experience. His approach is fact-based. He doesn't sugar coat the truth and is able to deliver it in such a way that you feel empowered to make a confident decision based on his years of experience in the field. He is an amazing doctor who brings couples hope and encouragement. My partner and I highly recommend him and the staff at the Texas Fertility Center.  Respond
RID: 1399976
28/03/11 4 1 2 4 Dr. Silverberg is ALWAYS late and seems to think you will be able to follow what is going on at every turn. He will, however take the time to answer your questions, so come prepared with them! He is a little ADHD, so if you need a minute to think, you'll be left for the next patient! Be prepared to go the path he wants to take you - for as much as he is revered on new techniques, he wasn't willing to research and determine any alternate treatments, even after we said NO to IVF/IUI. His other alternative "keep trying naturally"!! Good luck!
RID: 1294975
16/11/10 2 1 2 4   Respond
RID: 1057448
15/12/09 4 2 5 5 We are all blessed to have Dr. Silverberg here in Austin. He is incredibly good at what he does. He has pioneered certain techniques in this field. And I have a beautiful little girl due to his help. I was a bright, intelligent patient with lots of questions and he always took the time to answer them. But, he is incredibly busy (so he can see all of the patients demanding his time) so you need to come in prepared with your list of questions. He also deals with women who have a wide range of knowledge of their infertility problems. So he often assumes that a patient is more knowledgeable about what he is talking about than they are. But as soon as you stop him and ask a question, he is quick to fill in the missing information. He is very straightforward and tells you like it is - which I appreciate. But some women would like a doctor that holds their hand more and talks to them delicately. Those women will be unhappy with Dr. Silverberg. If you want to get pregnant, go see him. Nicole
Paid (or co-pay): $6000
RID: 893437
21/05/09 5 4 5 5 I was anything but a submissive, stupid patient, and I still loved Dr. Silverberg. I was actually sad to leave his care when my problem was solved. I did not see him for fertility treatments; rather I had a huge fibroid (16 cm) that needed to be removed. There is a risk with myomectomy that something could go wrong and an emergency hysterectomy would be required. So I asked Dr. Silverberg after the surgery whether he was able to save any of my uterus. His response: "Would you ask a heart surgeon if he was able to save any of your heart?" Now, just 10 months later, I'm 5 months pregnant- uncommon for someone who started out with as big a tumor as mine was. Dr. Silverberg is a really talented and confident surgeon, very personable, quick sense of humor, and with great bedside manner, and is also so gracious with the nurses and other hospital staff. Among doctors, you often find one or two of these qualities; but he seems to be a rarity in the medical world. I highly recommend him.
RID: 808747
04/03/09 3 2 5 5 I can't give him a glowing review since he can seem pompous and has acted offended that I asked him a simple question because I was trying to follow along with my treatment. We've spent as much as two hours in his waiting room for a scheduled appointment. I've also sat half-naked in one of his examination rooms for at least an hour and when he finally showed up, he acted angry that I was mad about it - although I did get multiple apologies from his staff later on. However, he has been on time for each of the five surgeries I've had with him. He can also make inappropriate comments about other peoples state of mind. I can't imagine sending him a personal email or calling him and having him respond with something other than "don't talk to me, ask your nurse." On the flip side, he can be witty and compassionate when he is in the right mood. In all I think he is an excellent doctor (in a technical sense) but you have to sometimes be aggressive with him to get the answers you seek.
Paid (or co-pay): $32000
RID: 779042
02/02/09 5 5 5 5 I loved going through the infertility process with Dr. Silverberg. He is very straight forward and does not sugar coat things but he is very compassionate and kind- he makes you laugh and he has a very positive attitude. I never felt like he thought his time was more valuable than mine and when he did run late (the longest was 30 minutes which really is not that long!) he apologized multiple times and always gave me all the time and attention I needed. One example of his compassion- I had a bad experience with some of the hormones (very rare) and Dr. Silverberg made sure I had his home and cell numbers to call anytime day or night if I had any more problems. He views this process as a team effort but always lets you know that you are in charge. He is by far the best at what he does and if you want to achieve pregnancy in the shortest time possible with the BEST doctor I highly recommend you see Dr. Silverberg. Julie  Respond
RID: 756749
06/01/09 4 4 5 5 Dr Silverberg was unbelievable! We had been to 2 other REs and spent unbelievable amounts of money with no results. On our first visit Dr Silverberg spent more time explaining our options to us than ALL the other doctors combined. He was always there for us and called us from his vacation when we were worried about symptoms ,everything was ok just like he said. He even called personally to tell us when our first cycle didn't work and I wasn't pregnant. Dr Silverberg IS late but I am the reason some of you have had to wait. I had to have emergency surgery while pregnant Dr Silverberg was there in the middle of his office day to do the surgery. Happy to report I have a perfectly beautiful set of twins!
RID: 365929
13/07/07 5 2 5 5 He is confident and knowledgeable. I prefer that I am not his first or only patient. I find him funny and very willing to teach when I ask questions. Always 20-40 mins late to appointments. On time for surgeries . Answers e-mails even late sunday night ones, returned calls to me while on vacation, and made me feel like a priority. Very busy guy. Enormous San Antonio Spurs fan, father of 4.
RID: 335506
02/06/07 2 2 5 Comes across as a "fertility God" with high technical knowledge, but quickly takes a hostile and demeaning tone if you ask a question he doesn't like. And he definitley thinks his time is way more valuable than yours. Overall, his ego has made a very difficult process only more emotionally taxing. We just hope he's as good as touts scientifically and we're able to get our desired outcome.  Respond
RID: 324373
21/05/07 3 1 4 Pompus aristocrat with all the compassion of a telephone pole. Don't dare ask a question, you'll get black listed. Better to be a submissive stupid patient at this client to get a long.
Paid (or co-pay): $20000
RID: 48372
01/10/06 2 5 5 Dr. Silverberg is very knowledgeable and helpful. He and his colleagues are the only board-certified REs in Austin, Texas.
Paid (or co-pay): $30000