Rate Dr. Allyson T. Patronella

Dr. Allyson T. Patronella's Ratings

Dr Patronella has ben my OBGYN for over 10 years and was the reason my breast cancer was diagnosed early and treatment was fairly easy compared to other cancer patients. Her office was very kind and helpful at time of diagnoses.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

Do not go to this doctor for your first time pregnancy. I had a blighted ovum miscarriage during my first pregnancy and I was devastated. I didn't feel she was comforting or informative at all when it came to explaining it to me and what my options were. I had to do bloodwork 3 times to confirm it and her staff is HORRIBLE at returning my calls. If I hadn't been aggressive in my manner and stalked them like I did I'd still be waiting. When it was confirmed she immediately wanted to do a D&C rather than letting me pass it normally. After 2 weeks I agreed to a D&C. 2 days after I had horrible cramping during the night so I went back come to find that the gestational sac was still in my uterus!!!!! Her cold partner checked me and tried to give me the abortion pill to pass the rest! I read upon it and the pill causes severe bleeding and is strong enough to pass an entire pregnancy when I only had some tissue and a small sac. Thankfully the next day I passed everything on my own.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2013 | flag

The office staff is the worst. so unhelpful as far as setting appointments, takes 20 minutes to get through to them even as soon as they open at 8:30 a.m.

Submitted March 4, 2013 | flag

She delievered my first son. I later moved states and had a second child. I got a severe infection and was literally dieing. I was in and out of the hospital for a year. I finally had the strength after a blood transfusion. The next day I was in her office on my knees begging her to save my life. She took on another doctors screw up and literally saved my life. Without her dedication, knowledge, and determination I would not be here today. Most doctors won't even touch another doctors screw up. I am forever grateful to her and the nurse she had at the time. My insides were literally rotting away inside. She was able to remove the infection without taking away everything that makes us women. That was over 13 years ago and she is still my doctor today. For those Of you complaining about waiting.....wouldn't you want her to spend that time with you as well. She is wonderful! BCC

Submitted Feb. 5, 2013 | flag

As a GYN she is a disaster. Do not go to her unless you are ready to be misdiagnosed, or for her to miss a diagnosis. Very dangerous to have such an incompetent GYN. Can't speak about her skills as an OB, but as a GYN she is a danger to your health.

Submitted Jan. 1, 2013 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Patronella for over 15 years.She delivered my youngest son over 13 years ago. She's wonderful physician with a great love for her job. Dr. P found my breast cancer over 7 yrs ago and was very supportive and always followed up with myself and husband on my status. I know people do not "walk on water" but in my eyes she does. I trust her professional judgement and will always be a loyal patient of hers.

Submitted June 20, 2012 | flag

I've been going to Patronella for several years. If you are an OB patient I think she is probably good but as a gyno patient this is bad. Always late (over 30 minutes), spends zero time, slam-bam in and out. Not explanation, no follow-up, no Q&A. And I'm a patient with abnormal Paps, very disconcerting.

Submitted April 5, 2010 | flag

I saw Dr. Patronella during my second pregnancy and she was extremely supportive when I lost one of the twins. She has a great beside manner. I was very comfortable asking her any questions and pleased that she never seemed to be too busy to answer them all. I'd like to remind people that she is an OB and that there may be times that you have to wait to see her (or any OB) because babies tend to arrive at anytime so she may be called away. Having said that, I think the longest wait I had was 30 minutes. I would have waited longer just to see her. She's a wonderful doctor.

Submitted April 5, 2010 | flag

Dr. P is amazing! She was extremely supportive during my miscarriage and even came in on her day off to perform my D&C so that I wouldn't have to go through it with someone I didn't know. Her wonderful bedside manner helped my husband and I through a very difficult time. She did every test and ultrasound possible to ensure that we were given the correct diagnosis and her staff was great at getting back to us timely with results because they knew we were on pins and needles. I will definitely see her again!

Submitted July 22, 2009 | flag

I've been ging to her for years. When I moved to another area I switched doctors for conveneince and had a terrible experience. Now I would drive any distance to see Dr. Patonella. She is extememly caring and "gentle". I was with her through my 2nd, 3rd and now 4th pregnancy.

Submitted July 9, 2009 | flag